READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question, If there are 6 in my party will I be able to book all 6 of us if we are all there?
Yes, as long as they are listed in your friends and family and you can see their linked tickets in your My Disney Experience account and they are all tapped in to Hollywood Studios.

When you are booking BG in the morning, are you able to see which BG # you are about to join before confirming?
I would love to know the answer to this question. Lots of timing, potential conflict issues with FPs, ADRs, and reservations for DD and Savi's. It would be great to have a bit of knowledge before officially joining.

I would love to know the answer to this question. Lots of timing, potential conflict issues with FPs, ADRs, and reservations for DD and Savi's. It would be great to have a bit of knowledge before officially joining.

The best bet would perhaps get a BG first through MDE then work with a CM or Guest Experience Team with any questions/concerns about getting a later group. When actually entering the attraction this past week, the CM have been outside calling BG such-and-such and lower, like at an airline gate. The BG probably stays on your MDE app until you check into RoTR and doesn’t automatically disappear after the 2-hour window expires. We felt rushed, too, since I tapped to get us BG 20 and was called at 7:15 while we had breakfast reservations at the Yacht Club.

When you are booking BG in the morning, are you able to see which BG # you are about to join before confirming?

No, but it is ok. I wouldn’t worry about it. You have a 2 hour return window, Our first day at HS, we had a late AM FP for Soarin, which we clearly weren’t going to make at the rate they were calling BGs. We went to a GET CM at HS (before our BG was even called) who changed it to an anytime FP for Soarin. Problem solved. The second day, the wait for MF Smugglers Run was longer than the posted wait, so we missed our TSMM FP by easily half an hour, and they let us in no problem. ADRs have a grace period of at least 15 minutes, not that I’d make it a plan, but if you’re in the same park, you could go to the ADR ahead of time and let them know the issue, or go to a GET CM and talk to them. I think they know there’s a lot of times to juggle and everyone has been very understanding so far.

Good luck to anyone trying at 6am tomorrow! We have a few more days of HS FPs, and maybe if we are in early enough we will try for a backup BG.

Looking for feedback on proposed plan below. We have a "multi-family" vacation coming up for MLK week. Hitting DHS on MLK day (ya, not the best day to go but best day to work with everyone else). We have done Disney before with kids so really our only "have to do's" are the new things that were not there during last visit and SWGE as we are all HUGE SW fans!

We are doing park hoppers for two day as we are cramming in Universal, Kennedy...etc. So, DHS day looks like this:
Below are the attractions we want to do with the list of FP's/reservation I was able to get. Hoping to leave park about 2pm for Epcot. Here is my question... can we get this done before 2pm or do we need to add on another park hopper day?
  • Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - want to be able to walk around and "take it in a bit"
  • Slinky Dog Dash – FastPass 8:30am – 9:30am
  • Star Tours - FastPass 9:50 – 10:50am
  • Oga’s Cantina Reservation at 11:05am
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Rise of the Resistance - whatever BG we can get!
  • Tower of Terror

We are going to be there January 20-24. Have been a lifelong SW fan (was 6 when the New Hope came out:smooth:) and am excited for this ride. Hopefully, the crowds will be lower on the 22nd when we are dedicating an entire day to HS to soak up the entire GE experience and even have reservations at Oga's.
Thats our Star Wars day too, so excited Just hoping to get an early enough BG as kids won't last past 2/3 after an early start.

I’m here in line now and excited and nervous as we have new tickets and only two days here. Can someone tell me: if we have trouble being recognized as in park, where do we find the guest experience tent and where are the CMs standing? Is there an advantageous spot I should be standing to obtain help?

Looking for feedback on proposed plan below. We have a "multi-family" vacation coming up for MLK week. Hitting DHS on MLK day (ya, not the best day to go but best day to work with everyone else). We have done Disney before with kids so really our only "have to do's" are the new things that were not there during last visit and SWGE as we are all HUGE SW fans!

We are doing park hoppers for two day as we are cramming in Universal, Kennedy...etc. So, DHS day looks like this:
Below are the attractions we want to do with the list of FP's/reservation I was able to get. Hoping to leave park about 2pm for Epcot. Here is my question... can we get this done before 2pm or do we need to add on another park hopper day?
  • Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - want to be able to walk around and "take it in a bit"
  • Slinky Dog Dash – FastPass 8:30am – 9:30am
  • Star Tours - FastPass 9:50 – 10:50am
  • Oga’s Cantina Reservation at 11:05am
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Rise of the Resistance - whatever BG we can get!
  • Tower of Terror

If you use a fp for ToT and are at the front of the rope drop crowd for Smuggler’s Run, that’s doable before 2- except maybe Rise. That depends on what group you get.

Here now.
Left home at 4 on the dot.
parked at 4:55.
I’m bagless today so I was through security by 5:09
Through the tapstiles by 5:38 (no finger scan)

I’ll update with board group once they open.

gates opened at 5:30 am. Tapped in shortly after. Being held on Sunset. They did NOT take fingerprints. Hope that doesn’t screw things up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter