READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if ROTR boarding group process is similar to FP in that I could have a FP with my one kid, and my husband and other kid do not have FP but instead rely on rider swap?
for rider swap you all must enter the park and join a BG, then go to the attraction when your BG is called and it works like any rider swap.

Here is the data as I have observed it. It does support the idea that they stop calling more BG approximately two hours before park closing (or if they run out of BG or if the ride needs work done on it). We will just look at the data for the last week.; as this seems to be the pattern they are settling into.

WedThuFriSatSunMonTueWed
12/18/201912/19/201912/20/201912/21/201912/22/201912/23/201912/24/201912/25/2019
Posted Park Open7:007:007:007:007:007:007:007:00
Posted Park Close21:0021:0022:0022:0022:0022:0022:0022:00
Last BBG called126144176129166192152165
Last BBG time18:1019:5019:4020:0020:0519:3019:4017:35
Time from Close2:501:102:202:001:552:302:204:25
Really because it’s been that way just about every day.
OK. I guess we both misunderstood what the other one said, because I never said why did they stop calling boarding groups an hour & a half before closing, I was commenting on all boarding groups being DONE an hour and a half before closing. Look at the table @shellott-hill posted. Wednesday the 25th, the last boarding group was called FOUR hours and twenty-five minutes before closing. I think that's a lot earlier than the "normal" two hours before closing. So that they FINISHED all boarding groups over an hour and a half before the park closed. Up until now, they've completed all boarding groups just around closing time.

Sayhello

Last edited:
So is it confirmed that guaranteed BGs filled by 6:30? If so that pretty much confirms the earlier opening time has shifted everything earlier (which really sucks!)

So is it confirmed that guaranteed BGs filled by 6:30? If so that pretty much confirms the earlier opening time has shifted everything earlier (which really sucks!)
I mean, yeah, the earlier the park opens the earlier the bg will fill up, also these 2 weeks are the busiest so it will fill up faster

What? Why are single riders not allowed to be pilot? I'm traveling by myself, and I find that really frustrating.

Sayhello
I didn't expect much in the SR line since that is just used to fill up space anyway. But, I also rode several times using the 'regular' line, over a period of several days, and was always either gunner or engineer. When I spoke to the two CMs stationed at the main ride entrance, they said something like, "Hondo has to staff a lot of missions and isn't able to take specific crew requests." Now it's true that RotR was not open yet and so this one GE headliner was very busy most of the time. Maybe if I can find a less busy time at the DHS Falcon, they won't care as much.

I didn't expect much in the SR line since that is just used to fill up space anyway. But, I also rode several times using the 'regular' line, over a period of several days, and was always either gunner or engineer. When I spoke to the two CMs stationed at the main ride entrance, they said something like, "Hondo has to staff a lot of missions and isn't able to take specific crew requests." Now it's true that RotR was not open yet and so this one GE headliner was very busy most of the time. Maybe if I can find a less busy time at the DHS Falcon, they won't care as much.
I've read conflicting things on whether pilot is the best (most to do) or not that great (have to focus too much on the screen, and can't watch any of the rest of the ride). Any opinions on that?

Sayhello

CM are able to have you wait for the pilot position if you are in the standby line, you got a couple of CM who just didn't want to do it I guess, but they you can request to wait and be the pilot

I mean, yeah, the earlier the park opens the earlier the bg will fill up, also these 2 weeks are the busiest so it will fill up faster

I was hoping humans desire to sleep would have meant they would still last until after 7am at least.

Is any site tracking hourly BG call data? So I can estimate when BG #s tend to get called ? Or is it still too variable because of breakdowns?

Yesterday the CM was about to hand me the engineer card and I asked if I could be one of the other roles since I was an engineer the day before and they had me wait to the side and then made me a pilot. This was first thing in the morning after they’d walked the line over from rd.
For the SR line, the CM was announcing that positions are predetermined in that line.

I was hoping humans desire to sleep would have meant they would still last until after 7am at least.

Is any site tracking hourly BG call data? So I can estimate when BG #s tend to get called ? Or is it still too variable because of breakdowns?
I think human desire to get the bang for their Disney buck is greater than human desire to sleep when they are here :D

From the chart above, average groups per hour range from 9-13, over the past eight days. Of course, if the ride is down, that number will approach zero, the longer it is down.

You can look at the app (from anywhere, any time during park hours) to see how many have been called in the past two hours. You can use that to predict your BG, on the day you are there.

Yesterday the CM was about to hand me the engineer card and I asked if I could be one of the other roles since I was an engineer the day before and they had me wait to the side and then made me a pilot. This was first thing in the morning after they’d walked the line over from rd.
For the SR line, the CM was announcing that positions are predetermined in that line.
Which did you prefer?

Sayhello

What? Why are single riders not allowed to be pilot? I'm traveling by myself, and I find that really frustrating.

Sayhello

Just to add my own anecdote to this, the last trip I did single rider twice - each time they told me I'd be gunner or engineer, the first time I was engineer... the second time was strange though, the six single riders ahead of us all went in as one group of six (so two people there were pilots), then me and the other person remaining were sent in without anyone else!! So we were both pilots, with no gunners or engineers present... at last the auto-positions did an OK job. It was nice as we had a nearly perfect flight for once.

BG 35 for us.

System didn’t recognize DD and DH so I booked for myself and GET CM added them to my BG.

If this happens where not everyone is recognized is it better to do as you did and add the people who they recognize as in the park and then go to CM to hopefully add the rest of the party? Or is there a risk the CM says sorry and won't give the not-recognized people the same BG?

We have a party of 8 coming down in a few weeks and want to have a plan of attack in case there are issues. I'd rather all of us have a later BG than some of us having different BGs.

Something seemed different today because earlier I couldn’t get to the screen that checks to see if we are in the park.

Last edited:
Something is definitely different today because earlier I couldn’t get to the screen that checks to see if we are in the park.
I was never able to get to that screen once all boarding groups and backup groups were given out.

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter