• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it is regular downtime. Now no BG are boarding RotR with 90+ minutes until closing. It’s tough to be that BG just after the final one is called for the night, but I never expected backup BG to even be open until noon on Christmas.

My sense is that Disney will adjust the opening hour back to 7. Keep tabs on it, as well as any possible procedure changes.

If nothing changes, 7 is reasonable, maybe even a tad earlier than needed if you don’t plan to RD SDD or MFSR.
Ah, very good. I actually got to ride DL's version of MFSR last summer, so I won't need to wait in long queues for it in Florida. (Also I was disappointed to find that lone riders cannot be pilot, regardless of which line I waited in, and I definitely don't want to go through that again.) I would like to ride the re-tailed SDD, as he had no tail last time for some reason.

To post my final notes on today (and likely our last RotR try this trip, as they go to 6am opening tomorrow)...

10:52 BG 63 called
11:00 we thought we had a Frozen sing along FP ... (it was worth it, the show is a little different for Christmas)
12:20 tapped in to RotR
Walked through the “queue” and were “on” the ride at 12:30.
done by 12:50.
without any spoilers- the two experiences were quite different. Wow. (Wow both times, but maybe a little more “wow” the first time, and not only because it was the first time.)

our 4yo was a little nervous as she’d found it “scary” the first time. I found a Christmas lollipop in my purse that I told her was a “Force Lollipop” that she should hold up any time she felt scared, and it would ward off the “bad guys”. During the ride I looked over and she was holding that lollipop a couple inches in front of her face as if her life depended on it! She later admitted that the Force Lollipop helped a lot, and she even enjoyed a few parts of the “ride”. Still, maybe we will see if we luck into an afternoon BG sometime when we are back, but we are not getting up at 5:30 or earlier any more this trip!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Last edited:
Ah, very good. I actually got to ride DL's version of MFSR last summer, so I won't need to wait in long queues for it in Florida. (Also I was disappointed to find that lone riders cannot be pilot, regardless of which line I waited in, and I definitely don't want to go through that again.) I would like to ride the re-tailed SDD, as he had no tail last time for some reason.
What? Why are single riders not allowed to be pilot? I'm traveling by myself, and I find that really frustrating.

Sayhello

What? Why are single riders not allowed to be pilot? I'm traveling by myself, and I find that really frustrating.

Sayhello
SR line is to fill up empty spaces in a pod, as you enter the SR queue you are told that you cannot request a position. If you want to be a pilot, or any other position for that matter then you need to make the regular standby line

Just wanted to update with our final day times for riding. We were on the first bus from All Star Music at 5:45am, thru security and lined up with our backs to the construction fence towards the right tapstiles at 6am. Park opened at 6:30am. Took up our spots on hollywood boulevard right in front of keystone clothiers. Got bg 18. We were called at 7:23am while we were on smugglers run. We walked over and the ride was down. It was down past 9 and we had a breakfast reservation at 10. The cast members said we were free to come back anytime that day and use our bg because we had other commitments. We finally got back around 12:20 and rode. Was an awesome ride and a sincere thank you for all the help on these boards on preparing for today.
Thank for the great info!

SR line is to fill up empty spaces in a pod, as you enter the SR queue you are told that you cannot request a position. If you want to be a pilot, or any other position for that matter then you need to make the regular standby line
OK, that makes more sense, that it's the single rider line. Thanks.

Sayhello

That's interesting, as they are boarding groups 161 - 165 at 8:22pm, and the park is open for another hour and a half. I wonder if they'll start calling backup groups again.

ETA: 163 - 165 at 8:24pm

And at 8:35pm, the boarding groups are all gone from the app. I wonder if anyone in the park could tell us what they're doing for the next hour and a half?

Sayhello

They stop calling boarding groups two hours before closing since there is a two hour window to return.

our 4yo was a little nervous as she’d found it “scary” the first time. I found a Christmas lollipop in my purse that I told her was a “Force Lollipop” that she should hold up any time she felt scared, and it would ward off the “bad guys”. During the ride I looked over and she was holding that lollipop a couple inches in front of her face as if her life depended on it! She later admitted that the Force Lollipop helped a lot, and she even enjoyed a few parts of the “ride”.
Good job Mom! Love it.

That's not what I've seen in the past, but OK.

Sayhello
Here is the data as I have observed it. It does support the idea that they stop calling more BG approximately two hours before park closing (or if they run out of BG or if the ride needs work done on it). We will just look at the data for the last week.; as this seems to be the pattern they are settling into.

WedThuFriSatSunMonTueWed
12/18/201912/19/201912/20/201912/21/201912/22/201912/23/201912/24/201912/25/2019
Posted Park Open7:007:007:007:007:007:007:007:00
Posted Park Close21:0021:0022:0022:0022:0022:0022:0022:00
Last BBG called126144176129166192152165
Last BBG time18:1019:5019:4020:0020:0519:3019:4017:35
Time from Close2:501:102:202:001:552:302:204:25

Last edited:
Has anybody tried to select a boarding group that is just some members of their family currently active on the MDE app? I think we won't know until morning of if it's just me and my husband or all 6 of us trying to get to the park by dawn and I don't want to risk missing ROTR because not everybody on the experience is tapped in the park. To be totally clear, we would only want boarding groups for ourselves and I presume if it's like FP+ where you select members of your party who want to join we would be OK... but I thought I read reports back on the old thread that if not everybody in the app is in the park you need to see a CM.

Has anybody experienced this?

From what I’ve seen on these boards, it’s everyone who wants to ride has to be in the park, not everyone one your app. You pick who you are getting the bg for, and those people have to be tapped in to the park.

Here now, just got our boarding group 39 but the system is freaking out this morning. At 6:00 when it let me join only I was allowed. (thank God we were still at the entrance). I had my wife and daughters tap in again and it worked. It wasn’t just us either. Everyone is running around mad as hell because some of their party is showing not in the park. They did not require fingerprints, just tap and go. The lines at guest relations is so long you need a FP for it. I’m kinda disappointed that we got up so early and didn’t get a low number due to the 5 minutes of panic but also glad we did get a boarding pass. Now we can relax.

Long line and lots of people at CMs. I can confirm no fingerscan at tapstile. Neither of out party of 2 were recognized as being in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter