READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to update with our final day times for riding. We were on the first bus from All Star Music at 5:45am, thru security and lined up with our backs to the construction fence towards the right tapstiles at 6am. Park opened at 6:30am. Took up our spots on hollywood boulevard right in front of keystone clothiers. Got bg 18. We were called at 7:23am while we were on smugglers run. We walked over and the ride was down. It was down past 9 and we had a breakfast reservation at 10. The cast members said we were free to come back anytime that day and use our bg because we had other commitments. We finally got back around 12:20 and rode. Was an awesome ride and a sincere thank you for all the help on these boards on preparing for today.

Stayed at AoA and got to the park at 6 am. We were through the taps by 6:43 and posted up at the bathrooms on the way to Tower of Terror. Got hoarding group 63.
What is the best way to get to the park from AoA? Is the skyline running early enough?

We will be at Hollywood Studios on Thursday and we are staying at Regal Palms in Davenport. I see that the drive is about 25 minutes. We will most likely be in the park all day and into the night so we don't care how early we get to ride but obviously we don't want to miss out. If our goal is to get to the gate at 6:30am (recognizing we will need to wait in line at that point), when should we be planning to leave considering, let's say, a 30 minute drive and the line to pay for parking and the likelihood of a longer walk due to all of the earlier birds getting the best parking spots? Many thanks.

-Arrived via resort bus close to 6:30
-Through turnstiles and held near ToT at 6:50
-The advice to have the app closed and then open the app right at 7 was not good for us...two phones could get into the app at 7am...kept trying and no luck for 10 minutes straight...should have left one phone with the app opened prior to 7
-Luckily there was a guest services FP kiosk nearby and we went there at 7:10...had to call kids to get them out of RnRC line because everyone had to be there for the CM to scan magic bands. Assigned BG 100 at 7:15 or so after a mild panic attack
-All BG we’re gone around 7:30 and backups gone near 9am
-BG 100 was called at 3:30pm

I don't know what worked better for us. My wife was able to get her app to get a BG quicker than I could and we were both refreshing or just going back to the front of the MDE app. She got BG 22 but it left me out (a CM luckily added me to her group as I was in BG 69). Lots of people were cheering or groaning as the app either got them a low BG or not this morning.

I did notice that our initial transport group when we boarded at 7:30am with our BG was pretty packed but when we came back at 9:45 with our FP (due to the breakdown), the transport group was lot smaller (or at least seemed that way). There were the same, if not larger, number of people being held though after that bit. Just seemed weird but I guess they were packing up the holding area initially.

We will be at Hollywood Studios on Thursday and we are staying at Regal Palms in Davenport. I see that the drive is about 25 minutes. We will most likely be in the park all day and into the night so we don't care how early we get to ride but obviously we don't want to miss out. If our goal is to get to the gate at 6:30am (recognizing we will need to wait in line at that point), when should we be planning to leave considering, let's say, a 30 minute drive and the line to pay for parking and the likelihood of a longer walk due to all of the earlier birds getting the best parking spots? Many thanks.
Keep in mind regular park oppening is at 6am on Thursday. If you figure that today's regular oppening was 7am, and I tapped in and got Backup BG 126 that was called around 4:56pm. I would say either get to the park closer to 6am or plan on a late day and possibly not getting a BG. This week is the busiest week of the year, and the crowds will be nuts.

I am worried about the 6 am opening as well. We are at BC so will walk over (unless we see a boat running at 5 am,). It’s just such a long day and we have a 755 fp for SDD. We shall have to see if we are lucky enough to get a boarding group and rest at some point in the day. I was hoping today was a 6 am start so I could see people’s timelines.

Does anyone know if Disney sticks to the 2 hour time window or is it more like the old paper fastpasses where you were able to come back at any point during the day?

Does anyone know if Disney sticks to the 2 hour time window or is it more like the old paper fastpasses where you were able to come back at any point during the day?
It’s the hard 2 hours from my understanding since they tap you in via your magic band/ticket.

They are being pretty strict about everything. Not to go to much in to it, but at Disney you can occasionally get a rule or 4 stretched if your story is good enough(all you really have to do is ask, sometimes multiple people). I tried today and was told by 3 different people that they have been instructed to be super strict for the next 10 days. After that and it might ease up a little.
I would try to get there within the 2 hour window to be safe.

They are being pretty strict about everything. Not to go to much in to it, but at Disney you can occasionally get a rule or 4 stretched if your story is good enough(all you really have to do is ask, sometimes multiple people). I tried today and was told by 3 different people that they have been instructed to be super strict for the next 10 days. After that and it might ease up a little.
I would try to get there within the 2 hour window to be safe.
Yeah I am sure with the high crowds right now they aren't going to give much leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter