• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backup BG distro complete -- 122 and up are backups today

Last edited:
Ugh, Got up early, did all the things. BG 28 but it’s down and we have to leave by noon for a family Christmas thing. If we don’t make it on will they give us a FP for another day?
I wouldn't stress too much. Down times have usually been about an hour to 90min. Your BG has been called, so it's just a matter of them staying back up. If you had a number in the 50-80 would be more concerning

If the ride does not suffer another shutdown, should still get up to 155-165 by end of day. I'm using last 2 days average rate of BG per hour.

If the ride does not suffer another shutdown, should still get up to 155-165 by end of day. I'm using last 2 days average rate of BG per hour.
Given today's ride performance, that target is looking likely.

Last edited:

So if you get a late boarding group, can you leave the park and come back in the afternoon or do you need to stay in the park all day? How long do you have after the time that your BG is called and you have to be at the ride?

So if you get a late boarding group, can you leave the park and come back in the afternoon or do you need to stay in the park all day? How long do you have after the time that your BG is called and you have to be at the ride?
You can leave and return to the park with any BG. After your BG # is called, you technically have two hours to return.

Last edited:
Sadly I think this may just be more misinformation from Disney. I definitely saw plaids walking groups up the FP+ lane on both days I rode. Even if they entered the VQ early (which I doubt), they at least circumvented walking the SB queue which is pretty lengthy.

We just got back from our trip Sunday, and did a substantial amount of VIP tours. RotR wasn’t on any of our tours. Both days we got up early to get in the VQ I saw plaids with groups there prior to VQ opening. I didn’t specifically ask any of the guides, but my guess is that the groups you saw has gotten to DHS early enough to secure a BG. The only perk they received was being able to use the FP line.

They wait until 7am opening to open the VQ. They let everyone into the front and then announced the VQ were going to open. People then started refreshing until you could get them. There is no advantage to getting there really early now. Just so long as you get into the park before 7am.
The post you quoted was speculating about Disneyland when they open RotR next month. Nobody knows yet what it will look like at DL.

Sayhello

Do we have any projections as to how many people Rotr is serving on an hourly basis. Have we hit 1700/hr consistently? It seems pretty darn good since it's update on monday.
Have folks seen empty seats or ride vehicles?
Anybody been on it the first week compared to the last few days that noticed any speed differences?

Do we have any projections as to how many people Rotr is serving on an hourly basis. Have we hit 1700/hr consistently? It seems pretty darn good since it's update on monday.
Have folks seen empty seats or ride vehicles?
Anybody been on it the first week compared to the last few days that noticed any speed differences?
If there are 100/people per boarding groups it’s still not doing full capacity. It’s somewhere in the 1300-1400/hr range if that’s how many there are per group.

Looks like the pace has picked up -- should hit BG 100 around 3:30pm ET, which means only about 90 mins/20 groups behind yesterday's pace that finished with 192 groups served. Hopefully not speaking too soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter