READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has been to the parks repeatedly on Xmas day. They are all packed as it’s one of the busiest days of the year.
I get that, but how many will get themselves up to get ROTR BG so early if they get through 60+ backup BGs in the afternoon? That’s all I’m hoping for, is an hour of moderate park crowds before the insanity starts.

Are you being held back on Hollywood Boulevard or did they set you free into the park ?

For RnR and ToT they held on Hollywood until 7:05.

Almost on ToT. Then I’ll do RNR before proceeding to TSL to hopefully do TSMM standy before our 7:55 SDD FastPass. Then finish up with SR and RoTR. Hopefully back in bed by 11.

ROTR hasn’t started loading yet.

Starts at boarding group 11.

Last edited:
Stayed at AoA and got to the park at 6 am. We were through the taps by 6:43 and posted up at the bathrooms on the way to Tower of Terror. Got hoarding group 63.

Left Pop at 5:25 on the first bus. Got to the park at 5:35. Was about 10feet inside the ticket windows in line. Got BG 19 and am now in line for the Falcon.

Left yacht club at 6:28
Took Walking path and arrived at 6:42
Chose the WRONG bag check line as it took forever compared to the rest. Got into park at 7:02.
7:03 it allowed me to join group
Had several “something went wrong” errors before being able to joint a BG
7:05 BG got 75

Today is a HS day for us, so trying to experiment with a later BG. DD12 was talking a big game last night but her and DW decided against the walk from BW this chilly morning to the comfort of there warm beds instead.
7:28 through security no bag (bag check lines were nuts)
7:30 tapped in
Instantly joined a BG, got backup BG 126

We left OKW at 6:20 on the first HS bus out. Got there at 6:32 and through security at 6:45. Some hang up at the tap styles but in with 5 or so to spare. Wife got BG 22 and were on at 7:32. Ride delayed at 7:55. Waiting now to resume.

And evacuated at 8am. FP delivered for later.

We got BG 18 this morning. We have ridden smugglers run(was a 35 minute wait). Waiting to ride rise when it opens again.

Looks like RotR works better in the rain!

P.S. Backup groups still open as of 8:52am.

Last edited:
EMH I am sure this was discussed but I did not see it scanning through. what happens during the magic hours? Is the ride still open and if so do you need a BG during this time?

DL normally does a rope drop at the castle and the turnstiles open anywhere from 15-45 minutes before the official park opening. On rare occasion the turn stiles open at park opening but it’s been a long time since that’s happen.
The question is whether they open the VQ as soon as the gate opens (like they did initially at WDW) or if they wait until official park opening time to open the VQ (like they currently do at WDW). I hope it’s the latter.

Ugh, Got up early, did all the things. BG 28 but it’s down and we have to leave by noon for a family Christmas thing. If we don’t make it on will they give us a FP for another day?

The question is whether they open the VQ as soon as the gate opens (like they did initially at WDW) or if they wait until official park opening time to open the VQ (like they currently do at WDW). I hope it’s the latter.
They wait until 7am opening to open the VQ. They let everyone into the front and then announced the VQ were going to open. People then started refreshing until you could get them. There is no advantage to getting there really early now. Just so long as you get into the park before 7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter