READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode RotR today! Process smooth and fairly painless. Crowds assembled outside DHS. Gates open at 630am. Orderly procession inside. Countdown on the main drag to 7am, cheers from the crowd as boarding groups are obtained! Many cast members available to help with IT snafus. (Some bigger snafus being handled at Guest Services with less happy faces). Folks who randomly snagged early boarding headed towards Star Wars Land, everyone else stood in line for coffee! We needed help to get our BG from a lovely CM and we got BG 50. We were called at 1015am. No delays that I am aware of during the day.At 640pm they are boarding group 140...so many backup groups got on today too!! The unknown is the negative! Must really be in the park by 730a to get a ride that may not happen until 6pm or later.

This evening my DD and I walked on as single riders. We were both pilots and had the MF to ourselves!! Posted wait was 30 min.
This is still the damnedest thing to me and it's been consistently happening, since the ride opened, every day at both DHS and DL. The posted wait time @ DL for MFSR was 15 minutes for the last almost 2 hours the park was open yesterday, but peaked at like 2 hours. The only other rides with that pattern are kiddie rides and rides that get you wet.

It looks like they are up to BG 144 right now at almost 9pm FL time. Is that the highest BG # they have had to date?
It’s the highest that they’ve reached. They distributed in the 150s on opening day but only reached into the 120s.

This evening my DD and I walked on as single riders. We were both pilots and had the MF to ourselves!! Posted wait was 30 min.

I am hoping for this treatment as a 'solo' (har har....) rider next month. Last summer, I rode DL's Falcon several times, waiting in both regular and single rider lines, but was never given pilot which I found quite disappointing. It was never a walk-on there, so far as I can recall. Of course RotR wasn't operating there yet.

I have seen this a few times posted on here. Why is right important?
Once you go thru the Hollywood part overhead it opens up on the right. it is almost like 4 new lines start so people can scoot into those. Hope that makes sense.

completely off topic. But if you are a fan of SW, go watch The Rise of Skywalker and don't read the reviews. As with anything, and we encounter this a lot on the boards, there will be people that hate or love something. Go in with a open mind and preferably during opening weekend to get the feel of the fan base, the theater I just left had everybody applauding and cheering and crying. The perfect ending to the Skywalker saga

Just make sure you have time to finish the drink or have somewhere to keep it while you ride! On my first trip a few years ago, I made the mistake of stopping for Starbucks on the way to TSMM for a FP that was about to expire. Drinks aren’t allowed in the queue so I had to finish the drink a lot quicker than I had planned (my other option was throwing it away which Icouldn’t bring myself to do!).
Me and DH did the same from backlot Express. Just at the end of a FP window but he really wanted the bb8 cupcake ( hes the sweet tooth I'm def the savoury) and I got a beer. Ran to the star tours queue and they said no food or drinks in the queue. It was a frantic 2 minutes of sharing and many, many crumbs. So many crumbs!

completely off topic. But if you are a fan of SW, go watch The Rise of Skywalker and don't read the reviews. As with anything, and we encounter this a lot on the boards, there will be people that hate or love something. Go in with a open mind and preferably during opening weekend to get the feel of the fan base, the theater I just left had everybody applauding and cheering and crying. The perfect ending to the Skywalker saga
Just watched it. Not a huge sw fan. Dont tell DH I said this but it's good. V good!

We are going tomorrow! I’m very excited to see it!!!! :chewy::darth: I’m emotional thinking about it!!!!

Timing your Arrival

A quote from the above linked article:

While crowds over the next few weeks will likely demand that they open by 6:30am, there is the possibility that they open even closer to scheduled park opening, and by extension, the hard open of the Rise of the Resistance boarding group virtual queue. The takeaway here is summed up in a single thought:
The earlier Disney opens the tappoints, the later you can comfortably arrive.
What that means is that if Disney opens up the tappoints 30 minutes prior to the “go live” time for the virtual queue system, you can show up later because the line between you and the tappoints will be shorter as Disney lets people into the park. The worry and huge caveat is that Disney might open the tappoints at 7am, which would essentially create a first come, first served system. We only have two days of data right now, but so far Disney has opened the tappoints 30 minutes before scheduled park open. That’s what we hope for. Either way, arriving 45-60 minutes before scheduled park opening will account for that uncertainty.
Again, it’s worth noting that this advice is for the guest who wants to try and ride before noon. If you’re ok simply riding at some point, you can safely show up at scheduled park open and secure a boarding group for some point during the day.

I wonder with the upcoming 6:00 a.m. openings and less people feeling the need to arrive extra, extra early because BG now only opening AT posted part opening time if that means they'll probably won't be letting people in until very close to 6?

Whatever happens, early opening hours, longer hours means way more BGs available so I think that'll make a lot of people more relaxed and less stressed.

Timing your Arrival

A quote from the above linked article:

While crowds over the next few weeks will likely demand that they open by 6:30am, there is the possibility that they open even closer to scheduled park opening, and by extension, the hard open of the Rise of the Resistance boarding group virtual queue. The takeaway here is summed up in a single thought:
The earlier Disney opens the tappoints, the later you can comfortably arrive.
What that means is that if Disney opens up the tappoints 30 minutes prior to the “go live” time for the virtual queue system, you can show up later because the line between you and the tappoints will be shorter as Disney lets people into the park. The worry and huge caveat is that Disney might open the tappoints at 7am, which would essentially create a first come, first served system. We only have two days of data right now, but so far Disney has opened the tappoints 30 minutes before scheduled park open. That’s what we hope for. Either way, arriving 45-60 minutes before scheduled park opening will account for that uncertainty.
Again, it’s worth noting that this advice is for the guest who wants to try and ride before noon. If you’re ok simply riding at some point, you can safely show up at scheduled park open and secure a boarding group for some point during the day.

I wonder with the upcoming 6:00 a.m. openings and less people feeling the need to arrive extra, extra early because BG now only opening AT posted part opening time if that means they'll probably won't be letting people in until very close to 6?

Whatever happens, early opening hours, longer hours means way more BGs available so I think that'll make a lot of people more relaxed and less stressed.
Interesting thoughts there, good post. I think the 6am official opens could very well see 5:45am pre-opens, depending on crowd size. But if the ride remains functioning as well as it appeared to be today, the effect of missing a 6am VQ distro will be minimized, especially if backup boarding groups start in the mid-afternoon (or if more BGs are issued as "initial" instead of "backup), resulting in a 3-4 hour distribution period (it was 4 hours today, although next week's crowds will be bigger).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter