READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the my Disney app. It is not showing what boarding groups are being called. Is that a new change?
This is the first time I have noticed that. Can just be an exception for today rather than a permanent change.

I was wondering if that meant the ride was down
Typically yes, but usually if you go to the map, it’ll have the little Star there and if you click will see a temporarily unavailable message. I did not see that today and even switched to attractions instead of wait times.

Is there any limit to the amount of people in your family/friends list that you can select to make your boarding group assuming they all have park reservations? My son is traveling with 15 friends in June and they are all linked and all have park reservations. Will he be able to secure the boarding group for everyone? We fully plan on having a few of the boys try at the same time. Thanks!

It's doing that thing again today, (like yesterday,) where we can't see what BG is currently loading. Hubby and in-laws are heading down there today. We often just check wait times on MDE, (just for fun) and saw that yesterday, wasn't showing BGs,. First I thought maybe the ride was down, but in the past, it had a star on the map when down. Now there's just no info. Is it only showing now for those who currently have BGs? or is the info elsewhere in the app?

I just want to make sure my account is set up correctly that my boyfriend's name will also be checked automatically when attempting to get a BG. When I go to my Friends and Family list, it lists his name and it says "Plans managed by me" under his name. Does that mean that his name will automatically get checked? (During practice, only my name is checked, but we both will have reservations for HS that day).

Also, curious if anyone has been through an experience where the automatic checking of friends and family did not work for some reason? Were you able to go to customer service or something and still able to get on the ride with your full group?

I had better luck practicing at 1pm this weekend! :)

I slept in until around 8am, so didn't try to practice in the mornings. I'll start tomorrow since I have to be up anyway during the week.

Hoping the bit of bad luck the other day was a fluke and that the force will be strong in me when we're down there again in a few weeks!

I had better luck practicing at 1pm this weekend! :)

I slept in until around 8am, so didn't try to practice in the mornings. I'll start tomorrow since I have to be up anyway during the week.

Hoping the bit of bad luck the other day was a fluke and that the force will be strong in me when we're down there again in a few weeks!

Struck out at this mornings practice but am I going crazy or was there an extra screen?! I started from join a boarding group then it took me to an at at page, then another then my party.... I feel like that’s one more screen than usual maybe?

Up at 6:30 this AM, was told to get in virtual que at 6:58. 3 of us here trying and 7am it was slap full. How in the world does this happen? Hoping 1pm we can try again

I've read back several pages and haven't seen the answer to this so I apologize if I missed it. We are going in May and I've practiced successfully securing a boarding group at home several times so am hopeful. We have a decent size group of family members going, one of which is pregnant and a couple kids who won't meet the height requirement. I know it will select everyone in my friends and family list that have HS park reservations that day, but will I have to uncheck those that can't ride or just go ahead and select everyone and obviously just everyone won't ride when the boarding group is called?

I've read back several pages and haven't seen the answer to this so I apologize if I missed it. We are going in May and I've practiced successfully securing a boarding group at home several times so am hopeful. We have a decent size group of family members going, one of which is pregnant and a couple kids who won't meet the height requirement. I know it will select everyone in my friends and family list that have HS park reservations that day, but will I have to uncheck those that can't ride or just go ahead and select everyone and obviously just everyone won't ride when the boarding group is called?
Don't waste time unchecking them. If you do, you won't get a BG. They don't have to ride.

If you take time to uncheck those not riding, sadly nobody will ride. Grab a BG for everyone. :)

Up at 6:30 this AM, was told to get in virtual que at 6:58. 3 of us here trying and 7am it was slap full. How in the world does this happen? Hoping 1pm we can try again
As @ENJDisneyFan mentioned, the queue does not open until exactly 7am and 1pm. I watch the clock at the top of my screen and the moment it changes click join, join, join as fast as possible. Don't stop to check or ready anything. I join from the pictures of the AT AT machines on the front page of MDE app and am successful practicing almost every time.

Some use time.gov on another device but I only have 1 device and using the clock on the screen has been very successful for me.

Struck out at this mornings practice but am I going crazy or was there an extra screen?! I started from join a boarding group then it took me to an at at page, then another then my party.... I feel like that’s one more screen than usual maybe?
I didn't try at 7, but did just now at 1. Didn't notice an extra screen, seemed to work like always.

I'm pretty certain this has been said before, but I experienced it today, so thought I would share...

Once you have the app running and minimize it to watch the time, it's a good idea to re-open it periodically. Not just making sure that you're all signed in a few minutes before, but actually flipping back to it and not leaving it running idle in the background for too long after you do.

I always do this but, when practicing today, I must have left it idle for just a little bit too long and when I brought it back up for my 5 second countdown, it went through the "boot up" sequence again with the castle lingering for a moment, which wasted valuable seconds and then I had to scroll down on the home screen to get to the AT-ATs, which took too long for me to click on "join."

This is why we practice!

Is there any limit to the amount of people in your family/friends list that you can select to make your boarding group assuming they all have park reservations? My son is traveling with 15 friends in June and they are all linked and all have park reservations. Will he be able to secure the boarding group for everyone? We fully plan on having a few of the boys try at the same time. Thanks!
No limit - but the really good news is, you should NOT select anyone, just click Join-Join-Join. The system will automatically select everyone on the F&F list who has a ticket and DHS park pass for that day. If you get a BG and someone is left out, visit one of the Guest Experience CMs in the blue shirts (usually under a blue umbrella) and they’ll fix it. So for your son and his friends, make sure everyone is linked and has permission to plan for everyone else who’s going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter