READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I am having is when it comes to the "select your party screen" my family is never pre-selected. I would have to click the 3 other members of my party which virtually eliminates me from joining any boarding groups. I keep reading that your party should be pre=selected or relinked to you prior to doing all this so you don't waste time clicking on the names on that screen. What am I doing wrong or what should I do to get my family members pre-selected/linked?
my understanding is that they will ONLY be pre selected the day you have park passes for.

The problem I am having is when it comes to the "select your party screen" my family is never pre-selected. I would have to click the 3 other members of my party which virtually eliminates me from joining any boarding groups. I keep reading that your party should be pre=selected or relinked to you prior to doing all this so you don't waste time clicking on the names on that screen. What am I doing wrong or what should I do to get my family members pre-selected/linked?
Please read the first 2 posts of this thread. This plus so much more is covered there.

Your entire party that has park passes for that day will be pre-selected.

I have only practiced so I don't have personal experience yet, but the previous posts have said that when your party doesn't have a park reservation, and you're just practicing, your whole party will not be selected; you have to have a park reservation for all of the names to be checked.
Also, I have read several times on this thread (way back) that even if your party isn't checked off, don't worry about it. Just click join, join, join. If your whole party wasn't selected, and you received a BG, you tell a CM in a blue shirt and they will add the rest of the members of your party to the BG as long as they're linked to you on MDE. This seemed to be a pretty standard answer and I never saw a post from anyone that said it didn't work that way.

Got BG 66 today!! From our off-site hotel using an I-Phone 8. Surprisingly, based on speed tests, the hotel Wifi was faster. My husband, daughter, and I each had a device and all tried for a BG signed in under the same account. Two of us on Wifi, one of us on data. We used a laptop for the time.gov countdown. My I-phone got the BG, while the I-Pad my daughter was using said, "Not so fast.. you're already in a group," and my husband's I-phone 11 (he was on data) had an error message. Thank you SO much to everyone on this thread for all of the tips!!! After a slight delay due to Rise being down for a bit in the early afternoon, we were called by 2pm. It was an awesome experience- hoping for a repeat on Sunday!! Thanks again to everyone on the thread! :) (PS- we walked from the Boardwalk parking lot across from the Speedway- and arrived at HS at 8am on the nose. Many Skyliner riders beat us there, but only a few buses had arrived. Cars were held until about 8:15/20, which was when we were let in...)

Practiced for the first time this morning from home. Planned to do it yesterday but set my alarm for 5:45pm instead of AM. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We’re CST.
My husband and I both on the same MDE account. He has the iPhone XS Max. I have an iPhone 12 max pro. We tried different methods. He was on our home WiFi and I was on data. He watched the clock on his phone and hit join from the home page as soon as it turned to 7:00. I watched the seconds on my Apple Watch. He was successful. I moved my wrist, ugh, so my watch timed out at 6:59:58. I got frantic and hit join and I know it was too soon. So I know I can throw out that method. But I was happy that my husband was successful. We’ll keep practicing for the next few days before our trip.

If you have an older, slower phone......you do not have a chance.

My older phone is too slow and I have to use my spouse's newer one.

I tried practice runs with an iPhone 6 twice this week and got to the “not do fast” screen each time. Obviously, if you have a faster option, use it. But it is not true that with a slower phone “you do not have a chance”.

This is the first time I will be visiting HS trying for BGs with people outside of my family MDE listing. I am trying to connect to my sister's account, when I am searching to send her an invite do I click "manage all plans" or "invite guest to connect"? We both have trips overlapping and are only spending HS day together so I want to be connected just enough for me to try and get boarding groups for all. Any advice on how to link accounts would be helpful.

Sounds like she is a keeper!

Simply can't beat the eye-hand coordination of the young. Is it also possible that the iPad is faster than your smartphones?

Dave

You’re right- she’s a keeper! ;) She was SO proud of herself! As far as the I-pad, that’s a distinct possibility, I think it’s newer than either of our phones- not something I had considered before! Either way- so great to see the smile on her face (utter joy) when she realized she’d snagged BG1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter