READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the crowd try to go there first. Wouldn't surprise me if it longer than any time during the VQ system
Also, if they’re not using a virtual queue it could be quite likely that people choose to ride multiple times in the same day which will add to waits also.

• First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
  • Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
  • The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

• First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
  • Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
  • The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
I will work on updating the first post soon.

Biggest question:

Does entering the virtual queue regardless of success equal your one chance for the day?

Yes I know this can’t be answered right now, but saying to invoke thought

Biggest question:

Does entering the virtual queue regardless of success equal your one chance for the day?
If you enter and get a normal boarding group time it likely will be. The question I think many will have is if you get a back up boarding group can you try at a regular one at a different time?

My guess is we will only see back up groups at the 4PM window. I could be wrong there but that would help with this issue.

Not sure how much this really changes rope drop crowds all that much, just gives late arrivals a chance

@yulilin3 you think this means HS parking lot blocked off until 1 hour before like you saw with MK

Shocked - I really thought park capacity would be low enough that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyone know what the capacity of ROTR is in relation to the capacity of the park? Reason I ask is, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for you to get your ROTR boarding pass when you get your park reservation - from the safety and sanity of your own home? That way, if there are no BG's left, you could decide then if you even wanted to go to DHS that day. Conversely, if you have your BG before you even get there, there would be no need to crowd into the park at rope drop to get one - enter at your leisure. Having 3 distribution times helps - I really hope they limit everyone to one ride a day as before though.

The idea that having more than 1 window to discourage people from all showing up at 10 is going to blow up right in their faces. I have a feeling they're going to do this the first day, realize everyone is still showing up right at opening and making social distancing impossible, then switch to standby-only.

Since park opening for DHS is 10am, I'm not sure how this changes things too much re: RD crowd. I understand more BGs will be offered at 1:00 and 4:00 which is great but I can see the majority of people trying to arrive for 10am to see their best opportunity of riding, especially since park hopping isn't allowed so people won't be at other parks first.

Time will tell.

Not sure how much this really changes rope drop crowds all that much, just gives late arrivals a chance

@yulilin3 you think this means HS parking lot blocked off until 1 hour before like you saw with MK
yes I believe they will, they have to scatter people parking. I guess I'll find out Wednesday, why am I always so eager to be the first? it's like a sickness :D

Shocked - I really thought park capacity would be low enough that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyone know what the capacity of ROTR is in relation to the capacity of the park? Reason I ask is, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for you to get your ROTR boarding pass when you get your park reservation - from the safety and sanity of your own home? That way, if there are no BG's left, you could decide then if you even wanted to go to DHS that day. Conversely, if you have your BG before you even get there, there would be no need to crowd into the park at rope drop to get one - enter at your leisure. Having 3 distribution times helps - I really hope they limit everyone to one ride a day as before though.
RotR has 3 rows of 4 spots. Now , I believe it will only one family, group or single ride will ride 1 vehicle, that's a real big cut in ride capacity
Getting them in advance is not practical, you see how many people cancel plans for the day, those are all spots that could go to people that are actually at the park

Last edited:
The idea that having more than 1 window to discourage people from all showing up at 10 is going to blow up right in their faces. I have a feeling they're going to do this the first day, realize everyone is still showing up right at opening and making social distancing impossible, then switch to standby-only.
I have a feeling you're right. What I can see is them offering BGs to anyone who has a valid park reservation for that day at 8am or 9am or something like that. That way people can join a BG from the comfort of their resort, home or wherever without first needing to be in the park. I know they want people to be in the park first but I think that's going to cause large crowds at park opening, the very thing they're trying to avoid.

yes I believe they will, they have to scatter people parking. I guess I'll find out Wednesday, why am I always so eager to be the first? it's like a sickness :D

RotR has 3 rows of 4 spots. Now I believe they will only one family, group or single ride will ride 1 vehicle, that's a real big cut in ride capacity
Getting them in advance is not practical, you see how many people cancel plans for the day, those are all spots that could go to people that are actually at the park
Could put up plexiglass like KS and use all 3 rows, but yes, my family of 5 will take 2 rows, where previously you'd get at least another couple on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter