READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a backup bg is not the same as saying they didn't get any bg. Even if you don't get to ride you could go to guest relations and people have reported getting a fp for the next day
People who are new to planning this and read a comment like " they were there at park opening and didn't get a bg" are being misled and it's just not the correct info
You are right, it isn't totally accurate, but I think its splitting hairs because what people are really concerned about is getting to ride. Most people equate getting a boarding group with being able to ride. There is a chance that you are in the park, at opening on your phone and don't get to ride that day.

So honestly, I think it comes down to the fastest person, with the fastest app and a keen eye on the time. And good luck.

My phone is a 4 year old iphone SE. It is sooooo slow. Thankfully my DH and oldest DS both have iphone 7's (which are a lot newer than mine), but those still aren't "new" by today's standards. I am guessing we won't have the fastest apps in the park, and I that is what bothers me about the BG system. We can do everything Disney is asking us to do, but if we do not have the latest and fastest phones we are at a disadvantage.

You are right, it isn't totally accurate, but I think its splitting hairs because what people are really concerned about is getting to ride. Most people equate getting a boarding group with being able to ride. There is a chance that you are in the park, at opening on your phone and don't get to ride that day.
And that is true for any ride in the parks. I just think it's important to state the facts and not go into hyperbole or exaggeration
If you're planning on experiencing RotR you should know that it's not running at 100% , it hasn't so far since opening, the best you can do is plan for it and have realistic expectations, everything else is out of your control

My phone is a 4 year old iphone SE. It is sooooo slow. Thankfully my DH and oldest DS both have iphone 7's (which are a lot newer than mine), but those still aren't "new" by today's standards. I am guessing we won't have the fastest apps in the park, and I that is what bothers me about the BG system. We can do everything Disney is asking us to do, but if we do not have the latest and fastest phones we are at a disadvantage.
Go to a GET and they'll help you acquire a bg. There are 4 stations around the park

I supposed the folks I was talking to might have been misinformed, but they could not get a boarding group at all today despite being in the park and trying today. Maybe they failed to ask at guest relations before giving up.
The GET kiosk that I could see this morning had a long queue before 8am.

Right. And the chance isn’t insignificant. Last night I did 7 days, a week, for an easy cut off, and 2/7 had people there at opening who would have missed out on riding, with BG 70 or less being the max those days. Today seems to be more of the same , so that would be 3/8 or 37.5%. If today turns around, it’s 25%. This last stretch seems to be particularly bad especially with the awful app update, and it’s a small sample size so actual chances may be better.

So most days you do ride. This has remained true since opening, if you do everything right most days you’ll get on. But it’s not completely out there to think you may not. I know if it were me, I would be speaking to GET or going to Guest Relations if I received a back up because of tech issues and didn’t ride.

I like numbers. They help temper expectations going in, IMO.

Do we know if the number of people in each boarding group has changed?

I'm only asking because the number of boarding groups appears to have dropped on average over time. I know these are just random samplings of numbers but:

Dec 18 - 27 (first 10 days per 'The Chart') average was 140.5 BG/day

Jan 18 - 27 average was 124.8 BG/day

Jan 28 - Feb 6 (last 10 days per 'The Chart') average was 111.5 BG/day

Today is looking to be another tough day for the ride which will drop the 10 day average even lower for the last 10 days.

Anyway, just wondering if they're possibly putting more people in BG's or, if the ride is just still struggling to get it's footing?

Regardless, I'm excited to ride when we go in September and hoping that BG's are still in existence as we like all the Tier 1 rides yet will not be at DHS 4 days.

Do we know if the number of people in each boarding group has changed?

I'm only asking because the number of boarding groups appears to have dropped on average over time. I know these are just random samplings of numbers but:

Dec 18 - 27 (first 10 days per 'The Chart') average was 140.5 BG/day

Jan 18 - 27 average was 124.8 BG/day

Jan 28 - Feb 6 (last 10 days per 'The Chart') average was 111.5 BG/day

Today is looking to be another tough day for the ride which will drop the 10 day average even lower for the last 10 days.

Anyway, just wondering if they're possibly putting more people in BG's or, if the ride is just still struggling to get it's footing?

Regardless, I'm excited to ride when we go in September and hoping that BG's are still in existence as we like all the Tier 1 rides yet will not be at DHS 4 days.

I wonder if the longer hours we were seeing in December and early January helped mask downtime. They had more time to make up for down periods during the day.

I’m actually hoping for a high boarding number now and not getting to ride. We’ll get a FP and then can finally plan our days knowing we can ride.

The only ones that are in the park at opening and never get to ride are those who cannot return to ride another day. I wouldn’t wait until the last day of my trip to attempt a ride. If you’re only at WDW 1 day, then not much you can do, but those people are few I would think.

I’m actually hoping for a high boarding number now and not getting to ride. We’ll get a FP and then can finally plan our days knowing we can ride.

The only ones that are in the park at opening and never get to ride are those who cannot return to ride another day. I wouldn’t wait until the last day of my trip to attempt a ride. If you’re only at WDW 1 day, then not much you can do, but those people are few I would think.

No this isn’t true.

There are people who get back up BG in the park at opening, usually due to phone issues. They do not get auto FP, and any FP they do get would be at the discretion of the CM they approach, if they choose to.

I mean I also wouldn’t wait until the last day, give as much wiggle room as you can if this is important to you, but it’s not as cut and dry as get there at opening and you get a ride or a FP.

I have an iPhone 8 and DH has the XSmax. I got our BGs both days we tried last week. So it’s not necessarily the latest and fastest phones. (We were both on AT&T data, BTW.)

IVe got a new phone, have read every post on this thread, was in the park well before opening and still only got back up group 100 today after the app just stuck after clicking ‘join bg’. Last week did exactly same thing 2 days running and got low BG both times.

So it’s good to have realistic expectations about if you’re going to get on before going.
Also - if you are successful at park opening getting a low BG please be sensitive to people around you who aren’t so lucky and minimise the loud whooping!

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly. This information is so helpful! It seems like I'm seeing more reports of people having the app open before opening time and hitting "find out more" right at opening time, vs launching the app 5 to 10 seconds before opening. I've been practicing the latter method, but wondering whether I should also try the former given the recent app issues. Any thoughts on which is "better"? I have an iPhone 8 on the most recent iOS, but haven't updated the app yet. We are planning to head to HS on 2/25 and 2/27, so I guess we'll have 2 chances to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter