READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what I did wrong, what the heck my phone did this morning, but I’m going to have to try again tomorrow. The button wouldn’t turn red, tried on and off WiFi, opening and closing the app, refresh, everything, and ended up with group 93. People I was standing with got 19 and were trying to help, and they were so perplexed as to why mine wouldn’t work. Got notification a little while ago that they won’t get to my group 😫. I guess I’ll be walking back over in the morning *sigh*

Are you still at the park? If you have the time, might not hurt to go to a GET CM or Guest Services and explain what happened and that you ended up in a back up group, and see if you can still get a recovery FP for tomorrow. Worst they can say is no.

Make sure to check your signal--WiFi or cell--while you're waiting for 7 a.m. (if it's 7 tomorrow) to arrive. Find a better place to stand/sit if you need to. Just because the people around you had a good signal doesn't necessarily mean you would. My feeling is that, in general, data is working better than WiFi for this. Also--and this is just my observation from having read 7,812 posts on this thread--when you have a chance this evening, time how long it takes for your MDE app to open. Maybe it's 7 seconds or 10 or 15 seconds. Try it a couple of times, timing it. Let's say it's 10 seconds. So tomorrow, at 6:59:50, open your MDE app. And MTFBWY! Or Baby Yoda!
I actually had perfect signal for both data and WiFi, and had opened my app quickly (like 4 seconds to open). I did it soooo many times while trying to get the button to show, it was fast it just didn’t want to let me do it. I finally got it on WiFi even though my cell service was perfect. Who knows. Tomorrow I am waiting until the last second to open it, see if that works, and go further in to the park. I have a FOP FP for 10:30 tomorrow, and I’m willing to miss it (I have ridden it a good dozen times, but Rise is a goal I need achieve)

I actually had perfect signal for both data and WiFi, and had opened my app quickly (like 4 seconds to open). I did it soooo many times while trying to get the button to show, it was fast it just didn’t want to let me do it. I finally got it on WiFi even though my cell service was perfect. Who knows. Tomorrow I am waiting until the last second to open it, see if that works, and go further in to the park. I have a FOP FP for 10:30 tomorrow, and I’m willing to miss it (I have ridden it a good dozen times, but Rise is a goal I need achieve)
Oh, darn (I really want to say something else here). That's not good. People on this thread have reported being told by CMs to go to areas that aren't so crowded. I don't know where you were, but I hear that Sunset isn't as crowded as other areas. Very very extra good luck to you tomorrow! I'll be reading along and rooting for you!

We got here around 6:20 this morning. Fantastic Lyft driver and we got through bag check and the tapstiles fairly quickly. Opened app exactly at 7, got a boarding group, and realized it was only for one of us. Even though I selected the whole party. Realized it quickly enough to get the rest of my family a BG but later. Guest Experience team fixed it and moved my family with me to group 43. We were finally called back, got in line, and 40+ minutes later were walked out of the line through backstage doors. We have a FP for today or tomorrow. Thankfully we are going to be back here tomorrow (glad I scheduled our DHS days back to back) but my family had really hoped to ride it both days and my 10 year old is not handling all the line standing too well. It’s still down now at 4:45...cross your fingers that they work this out...
I was issued a return Fp after my BG (61) was not called on 1/17. I went back on Sunday- before 7am and got my family a BG for that day, plus I had the FP one. I rode twice in one day (the 19th). I didn’t feel like I was being dishonest since I literally got the last BG of the day on the 19th and was not even sure I would make it again. I did use my FP from the 17th as soon as I could on Sunday- just to make sure we got on it once before it went down.

So having a friend at home get the boarding group for the people at the park is better or worse ???
The last two times I went it took forever for my button to become active so having someone at home do it for me would be great

So having a friend at home get the boarding group for the people at the park is better or worse ???
The last two times I went it took forever for my button to become active so having someone at home do it for me would be great

Won't be worse. The more people trying the better chances of getting a lower group.

The harder part is recruiting someone you can trust with your login, someone who knows what they're doing, and someone who is willing to do it that early in the morning.

I don’t know what I did wrong, what the heck my phone did this morning, but I’m going to have to try again tomorrow. The button wouldn’t turn red, tried on and off WiFi, opening and closing the app, refresh, everything, and ended up with group 93. People I was standing with got 19 and were trying to help, and they were so perplexed as to why mine wouldn’t work. Got notification a little while ago that they won’t get to my group 😫. I guess I’ll be walking back over in the morning *sigh*
Hints that may help😊🤞
Make sure you have updated the app
Do a hard reset of your phone the night before
Don’t have anything else running when you open the app
Turn off WiFi if not using it

Hints that may help😊🤞
Make sure you have updated the app
Do a hard reset of your phone the night before
Don’t have anything else running when you open the app
Turn off WiFi if not using it
Why would you do a hard reset of phone? Doesn't that go back to factory defaults and then you have to reinstall most apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter