READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 464627

View attachment 464628 .......................View attachment 464629

View attachment 464630

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...
WE HAVE SET A NEW RECORD FOR BOARDING GROUPS PER HOUR!!
12.3!!!
MOST EFFICIENT DAY YET!!
View attachment 464632
Not one bit surprised. I was there at opening waiting for 63 ... was somewhat disappointed in our group but saw how lightning fast they moved today with only 1 or 2 ride delays, which never lasted long. Hopefully it gets even better!

Will be at DHS on 2/3 and 2/5 (both currently 9am openings). Plan to arrive plenty early to be in the park well before 9am (to make sure I can enter the boarding pass process). We will be traveling with our daughter (2 years old) for the first time. She obviously won't be riding.

1.) What is the avg. length of time once entering the queue once your boarding pass is called? Is 1 hour usual?
2.) What is the process for rider swap? Is there one? Does the 2nd person then have to wait another hour to ride?
3.) Are the Disney buses running earlier than normal (more than 1 hour) to get people to DHS?

Thanks for the help!

Will be at DHS on 2/3 and 2/5 (both currently 9am openings). Plan to arrive plenty early to be in the park well before 9am (to make sure I can enter the boarding pass process). We will be traveling with our daughter (2 years old) for the first time. She obviously won't be riding.

1.) What is the avg. length of time once entering the queue once your boarding pass is called? Is 1 hour usual?
2.) What is the process for rider swap? Is there one? Does the 2nd person then have to wait another hour to ride?
3.) Are the Disney buses running earlier than normal (more than 1 hour) to get people to DHS?

Thanks for the help!
1. Average length is 25 min to an hour depending on time of f day you get called back.
2. Everyone wanting to ride need a bg. You approach thre cm at the entrance let them know your doing child swap. Thr second person riding will go through the fp queue so the wait will be shorter
3. Buses usually start running about an hour before which is plenty of time to get inside the park
Remember to check the calendar in case they change your opening time

Sorry for the late post, here is our recap/data from this morning:
2 adult visitors.
Left room at Pop ~5:45am (bc we wanted to RD MFSR).
No bus yet about 20 people in line at 5:50
Ordered Uber, arrived at 6:02,
(bus arrived at almost exact same time but now there were 40+ people in bus line FYI )

-Arrived at HS via Uber at 6:08
-Both went through bag line, security was quicker than when we arrived at HS midday yesterday
-Park already open when we approached tapstile lines at 6:13 (seemed like it had just started moving, maybe 6:10?)
-stayed to right, no finger touch needed (though most people ahead of us still were trying)
-on Hollywood Blvd by 6:16 and headed towards SWGE

Held between Hyperion theater and echo lake until after park open. Fairly close to front of crowd but at least ~200 people in front of us.

The crowd behind us looked much larger just 10min later at 6:24
A sweet CM leaned over and advised us to wait and open the app right at 7 because it “won’t refresh automatically.” My husband used that method (and was the successful one) while I had the app open and toggled back and forth. I ended up closing my app, and re-opening but still the buttons never highlighted for me.

We experienced the same delay that others were reporting today, at least 30 sec to 1 minute before hubby or anyone around us could load the “join BG” button. Also, once it said he completed the request, it wouldn’t show the BG number for another minute on either phone which was anxiety-ridden.

-Got BG23 at 7:01 on iPhone X11 on ATT data
-I was on iPhone XR on ATT data also.
-Walked with crowd to MFSR and entered building for MFSR at 7:17 (Great crowd control and slow funneling into 1 single line by Disney btw, no crazy runners cutting people off)
-first time riding and both got Pilot!

-Noted BG 9-14 opened at 7:20
-BG 23 called at 7:32 while we were riding MF
-off MF at 7:47 (line listed at 120min at this point!) and headed to ROTR
-entered queue at 8:00
-into first room at 8:10
-off at 8:28
-left park by 9, quick rest at hotel, then headed to AK for lunch/afternoon FP+

Didn’t exactly see when regular BG ran out, seemed about 7:20. I’m not sure what crowd rating was today but it felt moderate to me. I got nervous as first when they had opened the taps so early, but the walkways were not overly crowded or huge lines for non-headliners in the first two hours at least. At 9am, we could have done TSMM, TOT, AS2, ST, Muppets or any character with 30min wait or less but my legs hurt from running the half so I didn’t really want to walk around any more than necessary.

All in all, I feel we got very lucky and was so thankful today worked out the way we hoped, but we were prepared for the worst (late BG time specifically for us), were ready to be flexible with plans and had managed our expectations in advance. Thanks again to everyone who has reported their past experiences!

Last edited:
For a hard ticket you have to visit the ticket counter or outside window of guest relations first. They open 30 to an hour before official opening time. Is there a way you can go to Disney springs the night before?
I don't know, we'll be at Universal the day before. It's kind of a whirlwind weekend trip for my son's 16th birthday and we're getting in late Friday night.

Re the bold:
Do you still have your magic bands from a prior trip(s)? If so just add your tickets to your MDE and use one of your MB's to enter - you don't have to have an onsite reservation to use a MB.
I may still have mine somewhere, but fairly confident my son and husband don't.

FYI: I read the reports of the “30 second” delay this morning but ultimately elected not to put a note on “The Chart”. It would probably only spark more unnecessary questions (we have enough of those around here) - and reg BGs lasted 20 minutes this morning so it didn’t really have an affect on the number that matters to most of us.

If it becomes a trend or affects touring in some way, we could then make a note of it.

For those enjoying the drama remember RotR West opens this Friday. There's a thread over at the Disneyland board :)
Omg, so tempted to ditch work on Thurs and drive up to do this, but honestly, I think that’s gonna be more drama than is enjoyable.

Re the bold:
Do you still have your magic bands from a prior trip(s)? If so just add your tickets to your MDE and use one of your MB's to enter - you don't have to have an onsite reservation to use a MB.

If you link a ticket to your MDE account and do not have a MB, could you just buy a MB and link it to your account and then be good to go?

If you link a ticket to your MDE account and do not have a MB, could you just buy a MB and link it to your account and then be good to go?
Yes. I did this last year to ride MF - was staying at the Swan one night before moving to CR - I arrived late evening and planned to/did rope-drop the next morning during the 6 am EMH period. I actually called my local disney store to see if one had been returned there and was in luck.

Last edited:
FYI: I read the reports of the “30 second” delay this morning but ultimately elected not to put a note on “The Chart”. It would probably only spark more unnecessary questions (we have enough of those around here) - and reg BGs lasted 20 minutes this morning so it didn’t really have an affect on the number that matters to most of us.

If it becomes a trend or affects touring in some way, we could then make a note of it.
That seems wise. It seemed more like a MDX server issue from the way everyone had the same experience, probably similar to high traffic days for FP. So if everyone is delayed by the same amount, no one is getting a advantage/disadvantage over another. And honestly I probably wouldn’t usually notice/be that bothered by a 20-30second lag except everything is so heightened when you are standing in a crowd of 500 people and then the overhead announcement comes on to say “virtual queue is now available” and yet nothing is happening :sad2::headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter