READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to recap the process for everyone...

Wake your spouse and kids up at dawn and get them out the door:

View attachment 463009

Once at DHS, quickly find the bag check line:

View attachment 463010

And then stay to your right as you go through the tapstyles:

View attachment 463012

Once inside, join the mob on Hollywood Blvd:

View attachment 463013

Or, quickly head out of the park in search of a better WiFi connection:

View attachment 463014

As park opening approaches, refresh the app many, many, many times:

View attachment 463015

You can even ask your mom at home to help you:

View attachment 463021

If you obtain an elusive boarding group, celebrate:

View attachment 463017

If you don’t get a boarding group, try to keep your cool as you find a GET CM:

View attachment 463018

OK, I think that pretty much covers it. Good luck to everyone trying in the morning!!!

Oh. My. Gosh.

This just got better and better with each gif. I love this so much, no way could I just react and keep scrolling. 😍

This doesn’t seem to be a very accurate analysis. Actually seems like surprisingly bad analysis and makes me question just about anything written on that site.

I highly doubt that there are 67% more people in the park (or anywhere near that number) merely as a result of them opening the park tapstiles at 6:10 instead of 6:30. If you figure it takes 15-20 minutes to get the hordes of people that have arrived in line by 6:30 into the park, then anyone who arrives through security by around 6:55 should make it into the park by 7:00 for the BG process. If they open the tapstiles at 6:10 and all else is equal, It’s likely that, once again, anyone through security by 6:55 should get in the park for the BG process.

So, opening the tapstiles at 6:10 vs. 6:30 likely has almost no impact on the number of people in the park at 7:00 BG time. Now it’s possible and even likely that Disney opened the tapstiles early as a response to a larger crowd. But opening the gate early doesn’t create larger crowds in the park at 7:00. More people coming and showing up at the gate by 6:55 creates larger crowds and more competition for BGs.

That’s just bad analysis In that article and reeks of a blogger just writing to fill space.

It’s almost like if there were less people in the park competing for BGs, BGs last longer. I wonder what would happen if they didn’t let people tap in until the virtual queue opened... 🧐

But seriously, from the reports on the ground it seems as if Disney has been opening the gates early enough to get that initial crush of people in, and anybody who arrives reasonably before open gets in to attempt to join. Doesn’t seem like they ever had people stuck outside the gates that are now benefitting from an extra 20 minutes. Just busier.

IT has been linked to my MDE, I just don't have a MagicBand/hard copy ticket. Sorry should've mentioned that too @AngiTN and @panda123

Magicbands are irrelevant as far as boarding groups go. All magicbands are is a way to access everything in your MDE account. Now, there are certain things you can do only with a magicband with a functioning battery,
like have photos show up automagically, have videos show up at all, and possibly see your name in the Star Tourd queue, at the end of Small World, etc.

Looks like this (doing a bunch of rides in the morning) wont happen because of the amount of people at HS each morning. I guess we will adapt on the fly based on what (if any) boarding group we get. In a worse case scenario we don't get a pass, jump on Slinky coaster, wait for Millenium Falcon, then just do Epcot.

My family was going to stay and do some rides but it was so crowded they gave up and went back to the hotel for breakfast. All those people trying to get a BG don't just leave afterwards. They had FPs booked in another park starting 11am so they did those until early afternoon then went back to hotel to rest. Their BG was called at 7:46pm.

It can be a long day. To decrease the stress factor, I would plan on time to rest and not schedule ADRs for that day, especially if anyone has younger kids in the group.

Magicbands are irrelevant as far as boarding groups go. All magicbands are is a way to access everything in your MDE account. Now, there are certain things you can do only with a magicband with a functioning battery,
like have photos show up automagically, have videos show up at all, and possibly see your name in the Star Tourd queue, at the end of Small World, etc.

Won’t you need to tap in your magic band at the ride when your boarding group is called?

The 'problem' here is that poster will have to go to guest services to get a ticket to enter the park. I bought an eticket for son who already had a MB. He could go straight to the park without getting a hard ticket.

Won’t you need to tap in your magic band at the ride when your boarding group is called?
You would use a hard ticket (obtained for free from guest services). MBs are not required. People who stay at a Disney resort are eligible for free ones but if you are staying offsite you have to pay if you want one.

Just looked in my Disney app and my fast passes have vanished for my holiday, as has my hotel reservation.Is the app having problems again?

You would use a hard ticket (obtained for free from guest services). MBs are not required. People who stay at a Disney resort are eligible for free ones but if you are staying offsite you have to pay if you want one.

Can I tap in with my magic band though? I don’t have a hard ticket? I thought all info is in the magic band.

Can I tap in with my magic band though? I don’t have a hard ticket? I thought all info is in the magic band.
Can you get into the park with your MB? Of course. The info is not 'in' the MB. The MB allows you to access your info. A hard ticket does the same thing. A hard ticket is like a plastic credit card. It is what people used before MBs.

If someone doesn't have a MB they need a hard ticket to scan to get into the park. When someone purchases an 'e ticket' the information goes to their email. They don't get a hard ticket. They must take the voucher (print from email) and exchange it for a hard ticket at guest services. I you have a MB you can purchase an e ticket and you don't need to do anything else because your MB can access the e ticket info once it has been 'linked' in your MDE.

Last edited:
Can you get into the park with your MB? Of course. The info is not 'in' the MB. The MB allows you to access your info. A hard ticket does the same thing. A hard ticket is like a plastic credit card. It is what people used before MBs.

Sorry but I am confused. Do I need both a magic band and a hard ticket? Or will a ticket show up in my Disney experience app at the time of my holiday? Do you actually need to tap into a ride to get on it? How do the CM check you are supposed to be on the ride? I really don’t won’t to have to queue for a hard ticket for the rotr ride as that’s our first day.

Sorry but I am confused. Do I need both a magic band and a hard ticket? Or will a ticket show up in my Disney experience app at the time of my holiday? I really don’t won’t to have to queue for a hard ticket for the rotr ride as that’s our first day.
See above I added info. No, you don't need both. If you have a MB, you're good. You would not be able to choose FPs if you didn't have a ticket linked to your account. If you are an international visitor, you will pick up your MBs upon arrival at your hotel. Then you use that to get into the park.

Last edited:
I really don’t won’t to have to queue for a hard ticket for the rotr ride as that’s our first day.

The 'hard ticket' is not "for the ride". You need either a hard ticket OR a MB to access your MDE. Once throught the park turnstiles, using your MB OR your hard ticket, you use your phone to get a BG. (Or go to a CM if you have trouble)

Are you arriving the night before? You need to be in DHS before park opening in order to be eligible to secure a BG. When you get to the actual ride, you use your MB or hard ticket to scan at the ride. Either one works. If you have a MB, you do not need a hard ticket. You might have both, but you only need one to access your MDE away from a computer.

Last edited:
The 'hard ticket' is not for the ride. You need either a hard ticket OR a MB to access your MDE. Once throught the park turnstiles you use your phone to get a BG. (Or go to a CM if you have trouble) Are you arriving the night before? You need to be in DHS before park opening in order to be eligible to secure a BG. When you get to the actual ride, you use your MB or hard ticket to scan at the ride. Either one works.

Yes, flying in on a Saturday, HS Sunday.

This doesn’t seem to be a very accurate analysis. Actually seems like surprisingly bad analysis and makes me question just about anything written on that site.

I highly doubt that there are 67% more people in the park (or anywhere near that number) merely as a result of them opening the park tapstiles at 6:10 instead of 6:30. If you figure it takes 15-20 minutes to get the hordes of people that have arrived in line by 6:30 into the park, then anyone who arrives through security by around 6:55 should make it into the park by 7:00 for the BG process. If they open the tapstiles at 6:10 and all else is equal, It’s likely that, once again, anyone through security by 6:55 should get in the park for the BG process.

So, opening the tapstiles at 6:10 vs. 6:30 likely has almost no impact on the number of people in the park at 7:00 BG time. Now it’s possible and even likely that Disney opened the tapstiles early as a response to a larger crowd. But opening the gate early doesn’t create larger crowds in the park at 7:00. More people coming and showing up at the gate by 6:55 creates larger crowds and more competition for BGs.

That’s just bad analysis In that article and reeks of a blogger just writing to fill space.

You make a good point and I agree with you. That part doesn’t make much sense to me. What I find helpful with this and other “on the ground” reports is for documenting where people are held, what the crowd looks like, visuals, etc. We don’t always get those specifics on a daily basis even on high volume threads like this, so the more information the better, especially as they tweak things daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter