• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Re usable Mickey Straws??

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
When we were at Walt Disney World in 2018 they were always promoting the reusable Mickey straws for $.75 when we were there last year they didn’t have them anywhere. Has anybody seen the straws that they offered at quick service restaurants recently have they may be brought them back since Disney is doing away with the paper straws? We’re planning on going in August and I’m trying to decide if I need to bring four of the ones that we got from two years ago along with us so we have straws!

I have been several times over the past year, and straws were not found anywhere, accept for the paper ones! Good luck!

Only saw paper straws in November last year.
We took reusable metal straws with us, but a Disney theme one (or two, or twenty!) would be fun.

On our last trip (late October 2019) we bought a 4 pack of reusable straws from a gift shop. The graphics are of WDW treats like Mickey ice cream bars. I don't remember what we paid, we brought them home and have been using them regularly.

Oh, I was hoping to get the Mickey ones to bring home! Boo!
Ah well, maybe the WDW treats ones will still exist.

At one point, they used the plastic Mickey straws as the “handle” for the dipped marshmallows. Maybe try in the sweet shops or gift shops and see if maybe they still do that? Then you’ll have a snack and a straw!

I hate those paper straws as well but having to carry around my own straw is a non-starter as well. I'll leave it at that.

I bring my own individually wrapped plastic straws.
I'm not drinking out of those horrible paper ones and I'm not taking my ques about plastic straws from a 9 year old's book report, like Disney.

I bring my own individually wrapped plastic straws.
I'm not drinking out of those horrible paper ones and I'm not taking my ques about plastic straws from a 9 year old's book report, like Disney.
but be ready for security to take at bag check at AK as it has been the rule there for years no plastic straws. and yes we had them taken from a number of juice boxes there

^^ That is true of most zoos, not just Disney as plastic straws can be harmful to the animals if ingested.

The paper straws used elsewhere by Disney are awful and will turn to mush before you finish your beverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter