Re-opening restaurants

DisneyDad64

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when the remaining restaurants will be reopening? Looking forward to Flying Fish and Jiko reopening.

Haven't heard anything specifically about Flying Fish. Cape May recently reopened and Tusker House has been announced to be reopening this summer. Other than that, I don't believe anything else has been announced.

We really miss Flying Fish. I am wondering if the same chef will be back. I don't really expect he just sat around for the last year and a half waiting for the restaurant to reopen but who knows.

We really miss Flying Fish. I am wondering if the same chef will be back. I don't really expect he just sat around for the last year and a half waiting for the restaurant to reopen but who knows.
He is now next door at Trattoria al Forno! Not sure if that is a temporary move until they reopen, but he has made tons of changes to their menu in the interim…

It’s all about staffing at this point. Disney is doing a massive hiring effort but they need time for that process to complete first.

As long as Bill is back at Flying Fish, our Disney will be complete. I really miss FF too. We are heading down the end of June to drop off our son. I have my fingers and toes crossed!

He is now next door at Trattoria al Forno! Not sure if that is a temporary move until they reopen, but he has made tons of changes to their menu in the interim…
Any idea how long he has been there? We ate there in August and December and enjoyed both times. We also have a res there in a few weeks for our July trip.

Any idea how long he has been there? We ate there in August and December and enjoyed both times. We also have a res there in a few weeks for our July trip.
I think for a little bit, but they debuted his new menu when we were there in mid-April and there was a lot of fuss about it - huge turnout for opening night and lots of press/bloggers/vloggers.

I was keeping my fingers crossed that Jiko and Takumi Tei would open in the winter...most thought that Jiko would return in August when the hotel opens but nothing yet :(

Was there last week and nobody in the Japan area had any idea when Takumi Tei would reopen.
I think because Takumei Tei and Jiko are so dependent on the cultural representatives to make the experience. DH and I know some conversational Japanese and it was a pleasure to chat with our servers. It's been ages since we ate at Jiko but I remember the server as being very warm and friendly,and openly sharing his knowledge of African cuisine to help us decide on our food choices. Probably the best service we've had at WDW restaurants.

Hopefully Takumi Tei, Jiko, and Dkying Fish can come back soon. I want to go to Jiko so bad.

Id imagine that international travel is playing a heavy role with some of these(and others) not getting staffed, but I'm really not sure what the excuse is for Flying Fish

Artist Point as well. Hopefully now with pictures with characters are back, the restaurant will come back too. I hadn't been to Artist Point since it changed over, but it seemed pretty popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter