Re-Decorating My Room to Peter Pan's Flight Darling Nursery Room! Help? *UPDATE!!

Ty_Ty

Peter Pan Fan!
Hi there! After alot of waiting I finally have the opportunity to re-theme my bedroom to be based of the Darling Nursery in PPF WDW version.

I really need help finding bedroom furniture, curtains, bedding, lamps, etc. that resemble the ones in the ride. I have been looking, but I'm not good at this sort of thing. Help appreciated! :goodvibes

Here are some reference pics:

2r2tz81.jpg

13zvkn.jpg

33y1iiv.jpg

I'm sorry I'm not helpful and not sure where to tell you to look, but I just wanted to say I love that idea. Sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you can find everything you need.:goodvibes

I'm sorry I'm not helpful and not sure where to tell you to look, but I just wanted to say I love that idea. Sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you can find everything you need.:goodvibes

That's ok, I'm not good at it either, :lmao:. Thanks! It's something I've wanted to do for a while. :goodvibes

Those may be antique beds or they may even be made by the wonderful artisians that are employed by Disney. I would suggest looking in antique stores and upscale second hand shops. You may get lucky and find something similar.

Bad news about the bed set. :sad1: I won't be able to get it. :sad1: It would have to be able to ship anywhere in the US. Still looking for something similar ( twin size ), lamps, bedding, curtains, etc. :)

Gorgeous items, but for a set both would be quite pricey. Thanks so much for helping thought! Something will turn up soon I think. :)

Fun! What about shopping Craigslist for a vintage 60's French Provincial headboard? I see them all the time on CL and at thrift/consignment shops.....

Go to ebay and type in "French Provincial Headboards" - there should be quite a few. You could easily mix and match pieces from different sets. :) Good luck and have fun!

I think your best bet will be Antique shops to find the furniture. Also look into yard sales, thrift stores, and craigslist/ebay to find small items. You never know what you'll find.

Best of luck on your quest. Be sure to post some pictures once it's complete :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! I do plan to post pics when I'm done, but it won't be until next month. I'll check out the headboards, and I've been looking at antiques, but I would like to have a few back up options. :goodvibes

Thank you very much! The third link could be an option, I'd just have to find a nightstand. I'll keep that one in mind! :goodvibes

Fun! What about shopping Craigslist for a vintage 60's French Provincial headboard? I see them all the time on CL and at thrift/consignment shops.....

Go to ebay and type in "French Provincial Headboards" - there should be quite a few. You could easily mix and match pieces from different sets. :) Good luck and have fun!

Yes, try this. it was the rage in the 60's for little girls. I have a set myself full size bed, that was made back then by bassett furniture. It isn't antique but old enough to look a bit worn like the style you are looking for. You could even just stencil something on the headboard then antique it with stain.

I'll look again on another website, I looked on ebay but couldn't find much. :)

Found a nice set on ebay but it comes with 2 not 1, and craigslist I found nothing. :guilty: Still looking though, maybe I'll stumble across something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter