RCL Oasis vs. Disney

I really hope the OP is right because my brother and his family are joining us on our DCL cruise in May. Last year, they (without kids) did a cruise on the Oasis and loved it and if DCL doesn't measure up by comparison - I'll never hear the end of it!

For what it's worth, I don't doubt DCL will hold it's own. I sailed RCL once and although it was nice, we didn't have any itch to cruise again. After our first DCL cruise, the entire family couldn't wait to get back on one of their ships.
If will say that the Adult Only area on Oasis kicks DCL's butt so if they went alone as just adults I would expect that they spent a lot of time there. It may be one area that they don't find better but only time will tell.

I did not find our beds to be bad at all, I didn't find the food to be lacking compared to DCL and I didn't find that the staff was unfriendly in the least. Loved the aquatic show (Oasis of Dreams) but I love Cirque shows. Loved Come Fly With Me, it was amazing and also loved their ice show even though I didn't think I would. Never attempted Cats as I read tons of bad reviews. Didn't love Labadee but don't love CC either, we just walk around a bit then go back on board. Last few times with DCL we never even bothered to get off the ship. We did see lots of little people doing the wall climbing, there were some very wee ones putting adults to shame although its another thing we didn't try. Enjoyed watching others do it.
Oasis also has this dessert buffet thing on the last sea day on the boardwalk. They have different stations with cupcakes and candy/caramel apples, cakes, petite fours, I think (not sure) that there was also a chocolate fountain. They had games set up for the children and it was a carnival atmosphere. Its a nice afternoon.
If costs were the same I think I would still do DCL one cruise and then one off to RCCL. We would not strictly go back to DCL. We have the Symphony booked for our next cruise as a B2B and it looks great. There will be a puzzle room and a laser tag room. They have a few restaurants I'm wanting to try, like Wonderland and Jamie's Italian.
I love DCL but I have to give it to RCCL for some of their things.
JMO

Unless it has changed, the Oasis class does not have a seperate dining room from suite guests. We could however order from the main dining room menu and have it brought to our suite and we did many nights and it was fabulous :)

Doesn't Oasis have the Coastal Kitchen for suite use? We don't book suites so I don't know for sure but I thought I had read that.

Harmony does and symphony will but I don’t know if Oasis and Allure do

It looks like it was something that was added. Very cool. We definitely did not have that when we sailed Allure in the 2BR Aqua Theater Suite which is included in the list that is now entitled to the Coastal Kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter