RC Coco Cay snorkel adventure and treasure hunt excusion

Jasmine Tyson

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!
My boyfriend and I are going on our first RC cruise and it will be his first time snorkeling. Before I book it I would like to see if anyone's done the snorkel adventure and underwater treasure hunt excursion before? I've got a few questions about it:
1. I saw a notice that if you bring your own snorkel gear you can receive a discount. Has anyone done that? If so, when was the discount added since I'm booking on RC's site?
2. Did anyone experience a lot of jelly fish on their tour? Someone wrote a review saying that it was a blast but there were tons of jelly fish, and I am not a fan of those little stingers.
3. Lastly, how long is the tour?

Thanks so much!
Jasmine

I haven't but one thing I will warn about - you might not get to stop at Coco Cay. I've been on two cruises that were supposed to stop there. Both times the weather wasn't bad, but the seas were too rough to tender. This is a tender stop. There is no dock. Just keep that in mind so you won't be too disappointed if they cancel the stop.

I have heard that some travel insurances will cover missed stops. That might be something worth looking into anytime you are dealing with a location that relies on tendering people.

DH did this a couple of years ago and loved it. He actually found one of the "doubloons" and got to spin the prize wheel. He won a one hour jet ski tour and had a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter