BEST FOREIGN EXCHANGE.com 1.622 29/11/2013
Halifax 1.5814 29/11/2013
Post Office 1.577 29/11/2013
HSBC 1.5949 29/11/2013
Tesco 1.5945 29/11/2013
High Street Bureaus 1.58 29/11/2013
Marks Spencer 1.5859 29/11/2013

Very good news for anyone going soon :goodvibes:goodvibes

Just loaded some $$$ onto my Fairfx at just over $1.6 to the £.

Am very tempted to pay my DVC maintenance fees too.

It's a toughie isn't it ?? Although we're not going till next October I must admit I am tempted by the current rate ......... so difficult to know what to do :confused3

I need to pay off in January so I'm thinking of paying early too! We're renting our points out though for next year so no onsite Disney for us :0(

wilma-bride said:
Just loaded some $$$ onto my Fairfx at just over $1.6 to the £.

Am very tempted to pay my DVC maintenance fees too.

Me too. Might do it this weekend.

We tried to pay some dvc dues but they were closed for 2 days. Will phone again Monday
But did oay for our add on points on Tuesday so happy . Not like when we bought into DVC in 2005 tho. We got $2 to the pound then but for now 1.6 will do us.

Oh gosh what to do. I could save £130 on our cruise if I paid it off today.
Plus another £30 on the hotel too.

Let's hope it continues to move upwards.

Oh gosh what to do. I could save £130 on our cruise if I paid it off today.
Plus another £30 on the hotel too.

Let's hope it continues to move upwards.

Not making much difference with flight prices though, mine keep dropping the odd £.
After the cruise I am still torn, for 3 seats do I use 64,000 airmiles and £416 or not use any miles and pay £936, seems a lot of airmiles for £520 saving but they are sat there doing nothing.

Not making much difference with flight prices though, mine keep dropping the odd £.
After the cruise I am still torn, for 3 seats do I use 64,000 airmiles and £416 or not use any miles and pay £936, seems a lot of airmiles for £520 saving but they are sat there doing nothing.

I would use the miles Wayne. £520 in ur pocket and covers your spending money.

I would use the miles Wayne. £520 in ur pocket and covers your spending money.

Just sent another email off to their IT dept, there is a clear error on their site.

If they don't correct the error I am not sure I am going to use the miles, might be better saving them for a furture trip. £520 isn't a great saving for 64,000 miles. Have until Wednesday to decide.

That's a great start to December Wayne, so looking better for your cruise payment.

Let's hope it continues with a steady rise or at least stays around $1.64 and it's also coming at a very good time of the year for DVC members, some of whom pay their maintenance dues in full each January or upfront in varying amounts.

Whoop just made a us$ purchase of Xmas presents online. So this is good news.

I have caxton fx card ( for the ATM 0%)but I am going to hold of loading until just before New Years but was happy when it was 1.58 so don't think it will drop below.

Must get my dollar's tomorrow then for may at that rate! Shame universal wont let me pay off the room yet as it would save me around £60

Must get my dollar's tomorrow then for may at that rate! Shame universal wont let me pay off the room yet as it would save me around £60

Why won't they let you pay? Others pay the room off early, if you search the Universal hotel threads you wll see posts like this:

"I prepaid my hotel stay for our most recent trip - if you call the hotel, they can email you a credit card authorization form, which needs to be faxed back to them. I agree with you that it's nice to know that that's taken care of before you leave!!"

Why won't they let you pay? Others pay the room off early, if you search the Universal hotel threads you wll see posts like this:

"I prepaid my hotel stay for our most recent trip - if you call the hotel, they can email you a credit card authorization form, which needs to be faxed back to them. I agree with you that it's nice to know that that's taken care of before you leave!!"

I'll give them a call and get them to do what you have said, after looking everywhere on the Universal site and seeing no-where to pay of, I emailed them and asked if u could oay the balance & they said it was payable on arrival!
So thanks for the info :)

I don't buy much currency ahead of time now that I use a fee free credit card, but loaded a few hundred onto my FairFX yesterday at 1.61 which I am quite pleased about.

High Street Cheque Centre was offering £1.58 for cash purchases yesterday and similar rate today.

Slightly OT, but I popped in a week or so back and bought some $ in cash and had to produce photo ID to do so. I know that my memory serves me correctly in that I have always nipped out of the office at lunch time if I wanted to stop by there, and just paid with a card. I know you need ID for TC's but is this something new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter