Ratatouille ride vs.........

PAcpl

Just a couple of DINK's
I tend to get motion sickness so I try to stay away from the simulation attractions. I was fortunate enough to be in DLP last year and was able to experience Ratatouille. We liked it so much DW and I went on it 4 times in a row. Now I would like to try a few of them out in Disney World. Can anyone compare Ratatouille to the other simulation rides in Disney World or even Universal? Star Tours, Mission Space, The Simpsons, Transformers, Harry Potter, etc. The only simulation ride I have gone on in Disney World is Soarin' and I have no problem with that.

Thanks!

Spiderman in Universal is great! The only simulator ride I have ever felt queasy on is The Simpsons ride at Universal! I honestly don't know why but I always give it a miss now. I think you would be fine on Star Tours.

The Harry Potter ride is probably my favourite ride ever! Absolutely brilliant! I usually do the 'tame' version of Mission Space.

Tame (green)version of Mission Space you'll be fine. The only issue there is if you don't like small spaces. I'm not a huge fan but they blow lovely cool air on yor face the whole time so you never get that trapped in stuffy feeling.

Spider-Man also you'll be fine. It's on a or the Rataouille simulation wise I'd say.

Hogwarts ride is pretty intense but the simulator bits aren't bad. I didn't feel queasy after it.

(I agree with Simpsons made me a bit queasy but I'd go again.)

Agree with previous posters: GREEN Mission Space, Spiderman, Shrek, Transformers, no problem. For Minions I'd go with the special "stable seating" they have. Simpsons I'd skip too.
The Harry Potter ride is too good to miss, but if I were you, I'd try out Spiderman etc. BEFORE you try HP.
Oh, and maybe slightly off topic, but Expedition Everest made me motion sick (probably because of the part that is backwards)

Enjoy!

Hey,
I did the tame version of Mission Space to avoid motion sickness (I only wanted to lurk Gary Sinise anyway)
The Simpsons ride is the most intense of all of them, followed by the Despicable Me ride at Universal. with the others there's normally somewhere to look away if you need to. I haven't been on Transformers but was fine on the rest!)

i think we are quite similar. Harry Potter was fine. Simpsons was quite rough!!! Had to shut my eyes in the end or stare at my knees

Minions was ok but not too bad.

Hope this helps.
By the way star tours at DLP was a bit iffy but less bad than minions at US!

Spiderman in Universal is great

One word of warning - my dad has bad motion sickness and he felt sick at the part where you're "floating" on this ride. but he said as soon as he closed his eyes he was able to "re-orientate" himself and felt OK.

The Harry Potter ride is too good to miss, but if I were you, I'd try out Spiderman etc. BEFORE you try HP

Seconded. Even I felt a bit queasy during the 1st bit of this ride when you're looking at screens.

Wow, this forum never seizes to amaze me. I wasn't sure I would be able to find many people that have done both. Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Agree with previous posters: GREEN Mission Space, Spiderman, Shrek, Transformers, no problem. For Minions I'd go with the special "stable seating" they have. Simpsons I'd skip too.
The Harry Potter ride is too good to miss, but if I were you, I'd try out Spiderman etc. BEFORE you try HP.
Oh, and maybe slightly off topic, but Expedition Everest made me motion sick (probably because of the part that is backwards)

Enjoy!

That sounds like a solid plan. We have done Shrek a few times and I never had any issues at all. I think Soarin' is worse than Shrek and I have no problem on Soarin'. Well, the one part with the aircraft carrier gets me a little queasy, but nothing that I can't handle. I wasn't aware there was a stable seating option on Minions, thats good to know! I will grab a beer at Moe's Tavern while the wife goes on The Simpsons because that is the one ride I know she wants to go on. I will pass!

Thanks again!

Ok, so we are here now and figured I would give a little update. The DW is a huge Simpsons fan so despite what I read to her she wanted to do that ride and it happened to be the first simulation ride we.....errrr...she did on the trip. I hung out in Moe's comfortable sipping a Duff while she went on the ride. Fast forward twenty minutes and a Dufftoberfest later and here comes DH white as a ghost. Yeah, I am very happy I skipped that ride. She said it was by far the worst one she has been on.

Spider-Man was awesome, there was one part during the end when you are flying through the city that gave my feet the tingles but it was nothing. Great ride! Transformers I thought was even more tame and another great ride. Not sure why it took us so long to try them. Minions Stable Seating wasn't a problem at all, but not sure if I could do the seats. I looked behind me a couple of times and those things were moving. We have done The Shrek show before and were fine but didn't get there this trip. We didn't have a chance to do HP and will do Mission Space and Star Tours some time this week.

I'm not too worried about the Green side of Mission Space, but what would you compare Star Tours to out of the rides listed above?

Thanks again!

Didn't like mission space, Simpsons or transformers, all made me feel a bit sick, loved spiderman Harry Potter right rides and minions and had no issues with them.

I always seem to have issues with rides like the teacups that spin on a spin if that makes sense.

theres only two rides on this planet that i would never "ride" again and thats the Tea Cups (and any other spinny version of this ride) and Star Tours :-)

for some reason i have been violently sick after both times on this simulator, once in orlando and once in Paris.

totally fine on spiderman, simpsons, transformers etc.....but star tours! Not again EVER!! Hewy Spewy! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter