Ratatouille is Opening!

Yay! I wish it was sooner than that but it makes sense since some of the other big attractions won’t be opening by then either.

OK. I'll be first.

What a crock! It's been ready for over a month, and they're going to delay it all through the spring, summer and early fall just because they can?

What you really just got a hint of is when Disney believes they will be able to return to 100% occupancy for Epcot and some semblance of normalcy. As far as I'm concerned, both are equally disappointing news.

OK. I'll be first.

What a crock! It's been ready for over a month, and they're going to delay it all through the spring, summer and early fall just because they can?

What you really just got a hint of is when Disney believes they will be able to return to 100% occupancy for Epcot and some semblance of normalcy. As far as I'm concerned, both are equally disappointing news.
I totally agree.

OK. I'll be first.

Plus 1

I saw a Twitter mention that Oct 1 is the beginning of fiscal year 2022 . Would execs be looking to have great bonuses in ‘22 due to a huge increase over ‘21?

OK. I'll be first.

It was originally supposed to open in Spring of 2020, the ride itself was almost completed a year ago. It doesn’t make sense to open it on the busiest day WDW will probably have this year. Open it up earlier and work the bugs out. Look at ROTR, it still has issues.

It was originally supposed to open in Spring of 2020, the ride itself was almost completed a year ago. It doesn’t make sense to open it on the busiest day WDW will probably have this year. Open it up earlier and work the bugs out. Look at ROTR, it still has issues.

As many issues as ROTR has, I think it doesnt actually have the capacity to meet guest demand. Love it or hate it, its the first ride Disney built knowing that it will always need a reservation and will never meet the demand of a regular park day.

They may want to try and divert crowds away from the busiest day WDW may have.

Not a fan of this opening date mostly because I'm selfish and we're going in June. Such is life, I'll have to check out a YT ride through I guess, enjoy those that are heading there on October One!

What do you mean divert? The crowds at MK will reach capacity, theres nothing much to divert

The new ride is in Epcot so folks who might be more interested in the new ride instead if the 5Oth anniversary date may want to go to Epcot instead hence the possible plan on diverting folks from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot

They may want to try and divert crowds away from the busiest day WDW may have.

I agree. Now some people, vloggers perhaps, will have to make a choice, Anniversary or opening of a new ride. Also it gives people a reason to choose EPCOT if they can't get MK reservations, which we all know they can't. Instead of just losing the people that wanted to go to MK, maybe they will choose to check out the new ride at EPCOT instead of not going anywhere.

Now am I disappointed? Quite. I was hoping it would be open by our trip in May.

I wasn't too surprised. When Galaxy's Edge opened, it was also the first day of Food and Wine, wasn't it? Gives people a consolation prize if they couldn't get a park pass into MK that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter