Rapunzel Lantern Pics: Still a thing?

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hi All! Are they still doing the PhotoPass pictures with the lantern at the Rapunzel bathrooms in Magic Kingdom? (Wow, that sounds creepy when you say it like that, doesn't it?) If so, anybody know when is the best time to try to get one without the line being prohibitively long?
Thanks!

It was there a month ago when we went. I can't comment about the best time without a line though...but remember, when you see a line, it does move faster than a character line because there is no interaction that has to occur...

Does anyone know if they do them during emh?

In May '17 they were doing it during EMH, yes. The line was very slow-moving, despite not having a character interaction. It was one of the longest lines we waited in - about 40 minutes. But my wife and I were without kids following the Highway in the Sky Dinearound and so didn't mind taking the time for it.

It's a very sweet, romantic picture. Until you see the restroom illuminated in the background. Ours also had the added plus of a dimly-lit man in a wheelchair behind us staring at us while we kissed. So it went from a sweet picture to a still from a David Lynch movie. :-)

They were still there as of last Tuesday, 3/13. There is a slow-moving line as mentioned, even during the fireworks. They are near the tangled bathroom.

We were there first of March at EMH, and they were doing them. I had never seen it before and thought it was so cool. We were trying to make it to HM to ride before closing, so I didn't have time to go back, but there was a small-ish line.

We went and did this on Tuesday when the park was extremely empty due to weather earlier in the evening. It was also our longest wait of the trip (about 40 minutes) but so worth it. We keep books in our bags for the kids while waiting so they sat under a light to read while we moved through the line. We walked past several times that night and the line was always crazy long even though we were walking on any ride we wanted. I’d say just go for it when it fits in your plans that night since it seems to be so popular (lines seemed the same when we walked by it on our busier MK nights this week too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter