Rapid Antigen testing options in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
Creating this thread for people to post their experiences of booking rapid antigen tests 24 hours or less from their return to Canada. Now that the rules are changing:

Where can you do a Rapid Antigen test in Orlando? Are there free options? Please post links.

Where can you test in other states on the driving route home? Are there free options? (Buffalo, Michigan, Kentucky, Virginia?) Please post links.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Creating this thread for people to post their experiences of booking rapid antigen tests 24 hours or less from their return to Canada. Now that the rules are changing:

Where can you do a Rapid Antigen test in Orlando? Are there free options? Please post links.

Where can you test in other states on the driving route home? Are there free options? (Buffalo, Michigan, Kentucky, Virginia?) Please post links.

Thanks!
Great thread - Thanks for setting this up! :flower1:

Last edited:
I believe the wording for the Rapid Test is 'the day prior' not '24 hours', which allows for a bit more flexibility. I'm heading down next month and I'd already booked a PCR with Beeper MD, which I'll keep (I know Beeper has been sketchy as of late, but they were excellent on my last visit), and I'll also book an antigen with Walgreens as a back up. If you go to the Walgreens site it will list available locations near you. I think you can only book about 3 days out however.

I believe the wording for the Rapid Test is 'the day prior' not '24 hours', which allows for a bit more flexibility. I'm heading down next month and I'd already booked a PCR with Beeper MD, which I'll keep (I know Beeper has been sketchy as of late, but they were excellent on my last visit), and I'll also book an antigen with Walgreens as a back up. If you go to the Walgreens site it will list available locations near you. I think you can only book about 3 days out however.
BeeperMD also does antigen tests, also free. I believe they will do both at the same time. Might be handy if you were to test positive on the faster antigen, then you can plan sooner.

Word of warning: We have used BeeperMD quite a few times and did so again before our cruise recently. We booked both a rapid and a PCR as double-backups. We had no issues (other than the tester rescheduling to four hours later) with the actual testing, but they apparently lost our PCR tests at the lab, all three of them, and were not able to recover them. Luckily, we were able to board using the antigen tests, but this was a new experience for me. I always thought that we were safe once the tester actually showed up!

Word of warning: We have used BeeperMD quite a few times and did so again before our cruise recently. We booked both a rapid and a PCR as double-backups. We had no issues (other than the tester rescheduling to four hours later) with the actual testing, but they apparently lost our PCR tests at the lab, all three of them, and were not able to recover them. Luckily, we were able to board using the antigen tests, but this was a new experience for me. I always thought that we were safe once the tester actually showed up!
I looked at Beeper MD last time and they have a limit for free, if you’re solo they won’t do free. I was travelling with US friends on my last trip so I was the only one needing testing.

I’ve used Walgreens Rapid ID test free in Orlando and received results both trips in 3 hrs. None at this point are doing antigen. I phoned around.
For Aug trip I’m flying out of Seattle, WA and they aren’t getting results as quickly. Not same day for Rapid ID. I was going to test in Washington on the road back. So now we’re just going to test in Orlando again.
Aside from private companies/clinics I haven’t found Walgreens type places doing antigen. I also phoned Walgreens near Universal to ask. Good thing I have free long distance!
Maybe by Aug rules will change again.

Thanks!

Is it possible to rename the thread to "Rapid Antigen testing options on the US east coast"? It would make it clearer for the few of us out west. :)

I’ve used Walgreens Rapid ID test free in Orlando and received results both trips in 3 hrs. None at this point are doing antigen. I phoned around.

I noticed the same when researching our stop over in Kentucky. CVS offers antigen so we may end up going there. We are afraid to do PCRs in case they pick up something. We both didn't feel well a couple of months ago.

I noticed the same when researching our stop over in Kentucky. CVS offers antigen so we may end up going there. We are afraid to do PCRs in case they pick up something. We both didn't feel well a couple of months ago.
When is your trip? We are booked first week of May, driving down. I assumed you could go to any pharmacy on the drive home, pay to get an antigen test, and voila, be on your way. Apparently doesn't work that way? So now i'm stressing about how and where I'm going to get rapid tests while doing a 2 day drive home back to Ontario.

Last edited:
When is your trip? We are booked first week of May, driving down. I assumed you could go to any pharmacy on the drive home, pay to get an antigen test, and voila, be on your way. Apparently doesn't work that way?

We leave end of March. I believe there are walk in appointments but it says they are limited. Not sure I'd risk it myself. Also looks like for CVS anyways I think I read the antigen tests are $120 for walk ins? I'd rather book a drive thru appt for free. 🤷‍♀️

Do you mind posting a link to where we would find the "Day Prior" wording?

Do you mind posting a link to where we would find the "Day Prior" wording?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...t-of-transition-of-the-pandemic-response.html

Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements.

Thanks, but the info links for the rapid antigen on that page did not seem to be working properly for me, or perhaps are no longer up to date?
It is up to to date - there is a link to the Disney Maingate location and they do Rapid Antigen for free. Also link to the Osceola County website that lists additional options and the types of tests they provide.

It is up to to date - there is a link to the Disney Maingate location and they do Rapid Antigen for free. Also link to the Osceola County website that lists additional options and the types of tests they provide.
So I could book a Rapid Antigen test ON Disney property for the Saturday morning we are leaving, and they will email me the results so I should have them before I drive across the border Sunday night? This seems like it's too good to be true ! LOL And I know nothing about how the Arrivecan app works, but I assume I can upload info from my email? Or will showing the border my email with the test results be sufficient?

So I could book a Rapid Antigen test ON Disney property for the Saturday morning we are leaving, and they will email me the results so I should have them before I drive across the border Sunday night? This seems like it's too good to be true ! LOL And I know nothing about how the Arrivecan app works, but I assume I can upload info from my email? Or will showing the border my email with the test results be sufficient?

The Arrivecan app doesn't allow for uploading test results--they have to be provided to customs separately.

For those of you who live in provinces where rapid antigen tests are easy/free to secure, you might consider this new option - lifecenters.ca offers a virtual (telehealth) testing option, $20 for first person and $5 for up to 3 more people, if you have your own rapid antigen test.
Well that sounds interesting. Have to check that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter