Ranking DCP Roles When Applying

rhapsodyinblue

Earning My Ears
I'll be applying for Spring once applications drop in the next few weeks and I have a question about ranking the roles I'm interested in. My top 3 are Merchandise, Vacation Planner, and Character Attendant. Unfortunately, I'm really only interested in maybe 1 or 2 other roles but I'm worried about looking like I'm picky with so many listed as No Interest.

Should I also include something like BBB which I have no interest in (as Low Interest)? Since it's extremely popular and my chances of getting it are pretty much non-existent (with it ranked so low for me and no experience in hairdressing), I wonder if it just makes me look like a slightly better applicant.

Or is it really just better to say that I'm only interested in 4 roles?

It really depends on how much you stand out as a candidate. Also, vacation planner and character attendant are two of the most popular choices. I don't think it would hurt to put other popular roles as low interest. You will likely end up in merch unless you really stand out for the other roles.

I did the Spring Advantage 2015 program. I had also heard that you should put at least low interest in most roles, but I didn't want to get stuck in a role that sounded miserable to me, so I ignored that advice. I think I put 6 roles as "No Interest", and most of the others as "Low Interest," and I got accepted just fine into my top role.

The roles you're interested in accept enough people that I don't think your preferences would disqualify you.

Since Merchandise employees a lot of DCP I would not put low interest on anything you don't want to do. If you were offered a role in Custodial, BBB, or Attractions would you take any of those positions or would you be willing to give up your spot in the program since you can't change roles?

I would think of why you are okay with merchandise, character attendant, and vacation planning and see if anything overlaps. Really think of why you don't think you want to do any of the other positions and then think of the worst case position you could get in all the jobs and see if you would be okay with that because CMs don't usually get the best positions.

Vacation planning doesn't take an awful lot of CPs - there are generally less than 100, by my estimation.

Merchandise takes, by far, the most people out of the roles you've mentioned.

Since Merchandise employees a lot of DCP I would not put low interest on anything you don't want to do. If you were offered a role in Custodial, BBB, or Attractions would you take any of those positions or would you be willing to give up your spot in the program since you can't change roles?

I would think of why you are okay with merchandise, character attendant, and vacation planning and see if anything overlaps. Really think of why you don't think you want to do any of the other positions and then think of the worst case position you could get in all the jobs and see if you would be okay with that because CMs don't usually get the best positions.

Right. Ultimately you have to be willing to do the role you're offered. But, if you're looking to appear less picky, putting highly sought after roles as 'low interest' may be your best bet. just remember, its a gamble and you could end up with one. I still believe you're likely to be placed in merch because that's high demand. But if you wouldn't accept other roles, do not put them on your list

My dd wasn't terribly picky...she chose attractions, character attendant as her top choices, but those were followed by several others. I believe the food and beverage was lowest on her list! She actually does character and character attendant work this summer, at our Six Flags. She wasn't put there, for WDW. But, she did get attractions.

Thanks for all the input everyone! My other current top roles are Attractions and Photopass so I know I have several choices that have more roles available. And I'd happily accept whatever I was given, though I did bump Attractions down on my list since I really wouldn't enjoy parking. So I'll think about adding things like BBB and Floral - they wouldn't be my first choices and I'm definitely not qualified for either but I wouldn't turn them down if offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter