Rank your favorite Resorts and Tell Why...

Edited for the whys.

#1 VGC - Location!! Gate into DCA! Strorytellers, Napa Rose, the bar, Pool, DTD, arts and craft theme. Love it all! Will likely buy here eventually. 2bed, 1bed, studio

#2 VGF-( home resort) Grandeur! Theme, spa, salon, basin, mizners, narcoosee’s, walk to Poly, lightness in rooms, bathtubs, golf, monorail 2 bed

#3 Aulani- (home resort) authenticity, magic at night, incredible energy, well planned rooms, gorgeous views in Many categories, Golf, best spa ever, salon, location on island, makahiki breakfast, ama ama breakfast, concessions offerings, kids fave
I’d give them all a tie for first if that were the game. 2bed, 1bed, studio

#4 BCV- j’adore! Love the refresh. So calm. Walk to World Showcase is everything! 1 bed

#5 Poly- great energy! Ohana!!! Dole whips, the lush grounds, the spacious rooms albeit way too dark, proximity to TTC and monorail, walk to VGF. Studio

#6 BLT- rooms are so spacious and have a great modern feel. Layout is open. Walk to MK! Cali Grill!! TOWL. Windows were FILTHY when we went and the buildings feel disjointed. But kids really loved the rooms and walk! Def would do again. 1 bed

#7 SSR- sprawling and quiet. Walk to DS which is now amazing! Golf. Pretty beat up on the interior. After refresh, I’ll be happy to stay at SSR on short notice. 1 bed

#8 AKV- animals!! Boma, Jiko. Kids loved the animals but we did not like the resort and would likely not stay there again. Soooo far to everything we like to do, rooms are dark and we just weren’t feeling it. 1 bed

If I had to buy, that would be my order.

On our list still to do:
CCV cabins and BWV

What’s great to see is that I ADORE the top 5 and really liked 6. What a great program! We are the lucky ones!

1 VGF - The hotel and the rooms are gorgeous. Love the kitchen in the one bedroom and proximity to the magic kingdom. Feels like home.
2 Poly - love the atmosphere. Reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawaii. The Kids love stitch
3 AK Jambo - where we own. Love sitting outside and watching the animals. Downside is the buses but they come rather frequently
4 AK Kidani - the animals again are nice but like the vibe of Jambo better

1. OKW - This is our home now. OKW never appealed to me until we stayed with large party in tow. 2 bedroom is HUGE! The plus for my little family is two actual beds in studio. Long ago I was terrified to be off monorail. Now we have stayed off more than on and it’s really no big deal. The monorail is only fabulous when it’s working. OKW is super easy to navigate even though it’s big. The CM’s are top notch. I love the quaintness of the lobby and gift shop. OKW is off the beaten path so not a ton of people traffic. It has a different vibe that no other DVC resort has. Totally laid back, nothing is rushed, you do you kinda ambiance.
2. Love BLT (not studios though). Proximity and watching MK “wake up” tons of great views in most categories. Easy walk to MK but, can be long to access CR amenities.
3. VWL - love the old school lodge pre- refurbishment. It was just warm and cozy and made our Christmas trip so special. A boat ride to MK beats a bus any day IMO.
3. Tied for #3 is Kidani. Love theming and not a hub for visitors. So much to see and do plus exquisite pool area. Where else can you lounge in the hot tub and watch rare animals graze nearby?!!! Great pool bar and lovely staff too.

1st tier favorites:

VGF - Our home resort, luxury, beautiful color palette in rooms, favorite at Christmas, just love
Aulani - Hawaii!! This resort is BEAUTIFUL

Close 2nd tier favorites:

BLT - walking distance to MK, that theme park view!! 2 bathrooms in the one bedroom
SSR - view and proximatety to Disney Springs, great adult only trips
AK Kidani - favorite pool, savannah (animals!!!) view, 2 bathrooms in the one bedroom

3rd tier favorites:

BRV - pretty resort, love Geyser Grill!
AK Jambo
Polynesian - only stayed at regular hotel so this probably doesn't count, but love the resort, disappointed that there are only studios for DVC, but they do look amazing. I only like studios if my kids aren't along, so I'd love to stay here with just my husband sometime in the actual DVC
BWV - walking distance to Epcot! Would love to stay here again in a better room placement - had a garden view, and it was sooo far from lobby, and could never get my bearings there
HHI - great for something different from WDW

Never stayed:

OKW - 1st visit here next week at wine tasting!
CCV - have stayed at Wilderness Lodge and BRV though
BCV - would love to stay here in the near future if possible (have stayed at Yacht Club, and really enjoyed it)
VB

We have stayed at GF, Poly, BWV, BLT, AK Jambo House and OKW.

My wife's absolute favorite is GF, My kids love Poly. I personally really liked AK but have found something unique about all of them,

Poly - Beautiful! Ohana makes this a must stay.
GF - Closest to MK.
BWV - Walk to multiple parks, pool.
BLT - The close walk to MK.
AK - Animals
OKW - Spacious rooms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter