Rank the side dishes at NEW HS Round-Up BBQ

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
I have an upcoming reservation and I am wondering which sides were the best and which are a one and done?
Since you only pick 4 , which did you really like?
Thx

I did it on Wednesday: Got Fried Pickles, Baked Beans, Mac & Cheese and Potato Salad. I liked the fried pickles the best. It a whole lot of food because they bring you three salad’s before the meats and side. I did it solo and basically had the two seat table covered in food.

Attachments

• IMG_5685.jpeg
    IMG_5685.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 70543094130__E284A99B-2F95-4A7D-BC0D-385FD4E69A9C.jpeg
    70543094130__E284A99B-2F95-4A7D-BC0D-385FD4E69A9C.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 80
I did it on Wednesday: Got Fried Pickles, Baked Beans, Mac & Cheese and Potato Salad. I liked the fried pickles the best. It a whole lot of food because they bring you three salad’s before the meats and side. I did it solo and basically had the two seat table covered in food.
The pickles look fantastic

I have a solo ADR in a few weeks. I was wondering if it might be overkill as far as food quantity for one person.

We enjoyed the roasted vegetables. I regretted not ordering the fried pickles. Macaroni and cheese was probably our least favorite, unfortunately.

I have a solo ADR in a few weeks. I was wondering if it might be overkill as far as food quantity for one person.
You don’t have to order all four sides unless you want them. Also you can tell them if you don’t want all three of the salads at beginning of meal. We told them not to bring the watermelon and kale salad at beginning of meal and only ordered 3 of the sides and were still too full for dessert.

I did it solo, and yes, it definitely is. But it was fun to try once. I loved the Forky cupcake, and the cheddar biscuits were really tasty too. The meat and sides were ok. I enjoyed the pulled pork, mac & cheese, and brisket more on the Wish.

• Baked Beans: Loved and I don't normally even like baked beans
  • Slaw: very good
  • Corn: modified to be dairy free but still had oil and seasoning. It was fine. My toddler loved it.
  • Tots: modified to be plain. They were fine, toddler loved those as well.
  • Gruff's Peach-Strawberry Pie: so good and I wish I had room to order another one but I was stuffed.

Side Dish 1 - B+
Side Dish 2 - A-
Side Dish 3 - A
Side Dish 4 - B+
Side Dish 5 - A
Oops, sorry! Quoted my own message because I just noted that you asked for the side dished to be RANKED. I accidentally RATED them instead. So the following is my ranking:

Side Dish 3
Side Dish 5
Side Dish 2
Side Dish 1
Side Dish 4

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Do they allow to go boxes? As a solo diner I will not get through this. If I could get a lunch right before a midday break I’d just take the leftovers back to the fridge. (Like normal leftovers, I wouldn’t order extras just to have whole dishes to take back)

If no leftovers, then I’ll skip. I just can let that much food get wasted.

Maybe if there was at least two of us I’d try it.

Do they allow to go boxes? As a solo diner I will not get through this. If I could get a lunch right before a midday break I’d just take the leftovers back to the fridge. (Like normal leftovers, I wouldn’t order extras just to have whole dishes to take back)

If no leftovers, then I’ll skip. I just can let that much food get wasted.

Maybe if there was at least two of us I’d try it.
These types of places generally don’t. The food will not be wasted though. Disney actually does an incredible job as far as composting and repurposing uneaten food. Even the live pumpkin decorations from the fall get sent to AK for the animals.

We really liked the mac and cheese. Tots were OK. Some enjoyed the corn, though others didn’t like the seasoning. Slaw was meh. We all agreed that the salads were better.

I liked the tots (minus the green goddess dressing), the corn (next time I will ask them to go easy on the stuff they put on top) and the potato salad. Did not like the campfire roasted veggies AT ALL, and I would not get the baked beans again, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter