Rank the Disney production shows!

1) Believe
2) Tangled
3) Dreams
4) Golden Mickeys
5) Wishes (in full disclosure, I didn't see the entire thing because some very RUDE people decided to plan their schedule for the following day while they were sitting behind me and the show was going on - after three times asking them to please be quiet or go out of the theatre to plan, I left...otherwise I might rank it higher because I liked what I was able to see)
6) Aladdin (skipped all together - don't like the movie so I'm not wasting my time)
7) Villains Tonight (yep, one I actually saw is below one I only saw part of and one I never saw. it was THAT bad)

*I've only been on the Dream, the Fantasy, and the Magic as of this typing

Favorites are:
Tangled
Disney Dream's
Aladdin
Golden Mickey's
I can't wait to see Frozen in January.

We have not seen Frozen, and have sailed on the Magic, Wonder and Fantasy. With that in mind, my rankings would be:

1. Tangled - so good!!!! Best show we've seen on a Disney ship, by far
2. Most of the variety acts (didn't care for Mike Super though)
3. Walt Disney the Dream Goes on - only shown on longer cruises, but we loved it even if it is a not so carefully veiled Disney commercial :P
4. Pretty much all of the other musical shows - none are really that much better than any other in my opinion with the exception of:

- Aladdin - it was OK, but I certainly wouldn't waste time seeing it again
- Then, way, way, way at the bottom of the list - Villains (not a fan)

1. Tangled - Far and away the best show on DCL
2. Golden Mickeys
3. Dreams, Wishes, and Believe are all kind of tied for me with a slight edge to Wishes because it has more Stitch.
4. Frozen - could have had a better adaptation and I do not care for snow soap bubbles.
5. Opening night-closing night variety shows especially when the incorporate pictures from the cruise
6. Twice Charmed - just okay
7. Aladdin - not a fan

Do not miss Toy Story or Villains. Do miss Hercules.

Looking forward to Beauty and the Beast, although sailing about 3 weeks too early this year and have no future Dream cruises planned,

Since my list is a couple of years old now, here's my new list:
Tangled
Dreams
Golden Mickeys
Twice Charmed
Aladdin
Wishes
Believe

Unknown: Beauty and the Beast and Frozen, but fairly certain that they're both going to be in the top half of the list.

I am going to say a tie for first because on our first cruise I really liked golden mickeys the best and thought dreams was just so-so. However on our last cruise I really enjoyed dreams. I guess this trip can be the tie breaker.
My least favorite is toy story. I did not care for the role of Sid played as loud obnoxious girl.

Sid's screeching was like fingernails on a chalk board.

We enjoyed the Golden Mickeys the first time we saw it, and maybe the 2nd, but it gets old. I know, first world problem.

Would love to see Tangled and Beauty and the Beast.

Last edited:
Tangled.
Golden Mickey's
Dreams
Twice charmed

Ugh. Toy story (an hour of my life I won't get back).

However, my all time favourite shows I've seen on DCL aren't the big production ones, it's actually the crew talent shows they used to do on the crossings.

Tangled - brought tears to my eyes the 3 times I saw it...just stunning
Frozen
Golden Mickeys - just love this one
Aladdin
Disney Dreams - favorite classic
Twice Charmed
Believe
Wishes
Toy Story
Villains Tonight

Loved Hercules and Voyage of the Ghost Ship too!!!

MJ

1. Villains Tonight
  2. Frozen
  3. Tangled
  4. Aladdin
  5. Twice Charmed
  6. Dreams
  7. Believe
  8. Wishes
  9. Golden Mickey's

I wonder how the new Beauty and the Beast show rates in comparison with the others?
This is a really old thread but I’ve seen them all except Frozen and I didn’t actually love BatB. It was a beautiful production. I just felt like it wasn’t as good as the movie. It’s definitely not the worst show I’ve seen onboard (looking at you, Toy Story) but I wouldn’t say it’s a must do for me.

Whereas Tangled I thought was a great adaptation and a fantastic show and I will see it every time I sail the Magic.

(I do miss Villains Tonight though.)

Oh gosh, Toy Story. That was a one and done for me. Way to bring back memories of that screeching voice! I wonder who ever thought that was a good idea.

I don't remember the shows from the Magic. From the Fantasy the only one I really liked was Aladdin. I also enjoyed the variety acts very much - funny stuff! I didn't particularly like the other shows (Believe, Wishes, and the first/last night shows). We saw the Fantasy shows twice within 14 months so that doesn't help.
We were platinum when the Fantasy entered service, and our fist 5 cruises were on the Magic, so we were pretty spoiled by the awesome shows in the WD Theater. We thought the shows on the Fantasy were beyond bad, to the point I was almost embarrassed for them. I understand it takes a lot of time and effort to produce, train & practice, etc. so I'm not knocking the talent of the crew but wow. I couldn't get past the first night with the whole countdown to graduation and the inner tubes. Afterward, I thought maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. So we sailed again and I promised I would stop comparing to the shows we already knew. I just couldn't sit through it. We don't even sail on the Fantasy because watching a show every night in the theater is such a huge part of what we love about Disney cruising. Too bad because it's a beautiful ship.

I've seen most of them(not the newer ones on the older ships though). The ones I make an effort to see again are Disney Dreams (can't get out of there without crying) and Beauty and the Beast (just so amazingly well done). We have also seen Aladdin multiple times and I am a fan of Golden Mickeys even though that often gets put down.

Does anyone remember Voyage of the Ghost Ship?

one of my favorite parts of cruising! It has been a looooong time since I’ve seen some of these, but here it goes.

Disney Dreams
Golden Mickey’s
Twice Charmed
Beauty and the Beast
Tangled
Believe
Villains Tonight (much better when it first debuted. Then it got stale.)
Frozen
Toy Story
Aladdin (Great when it debuted, but awful last Fall)
Wishes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter