Random yet useful items to have for your trip.

I do the same... have on every trip. I learned the importance of scissors after our first trip & she bought a Buzz Lightyear all boxed up with those horrible hard plastic ties!!! Had to bring it down to the front desk to get Buzz out. I actually have a small plastic bin I keep on a shelf in my closet with my Disney essentials... scissors, manicure kit, basic meds for adult/child, band-aids, etc.

I have a "Disney drawer" for all our little things we pack-- Kleenex, mini fans, first aid kit, sewing kit, body glide, magic bands, pins, and so forth. It is so handy to keep it altogether so I don't have to search for those things when it is time to pack.

(My husband should have known that we weren't going to be a "one and done" family when I dedicated a drawer to our Disney trips. Lol!)

Well, for one - we've started shipping our toiletries down to Disney. I'd say having that tidbit of info is useful.

- We always bring a little dish soap to wash our refillable mugs.
- Depending on when you go, having hand warmers could come in handy. It can get cold between Nov-Feb and it's damp in the parks.
- Bandaids for shoe bites
- Comfortable shoes
- Tylenol. It's expensive in the resorts and if you're not used to walking long distances, you'll need it after the first day or two.
- Vitamin C. Start boosting it before your first trip. I packed a ton of chewables and the drink mix. Could have been a placebo effect, but it was the first trip in 6 years I didn't get sick!
- Ziploc bags. I use one for the remote in the room. Also useful if you buy a big thing of snacks and wanna bring some to the park.
- Sharpies or markers. You'll be surprised all the uses. We mark our mugs (they only have 3 colors for a family of 4!)
- A portable charger. Works WONDERS. I can't tell you how many times my phone died in the parks. Having a charger really helped. It's worth the investment for a good one. Don't purchase a phone charger, go with a portable one like the Mophie Juicebox. Once you get a new phone it becomes obsolete.
- Powder. On hot summer days a lot of walking can lead to some... friction.

I have a "Disney drawer" for all our little things we pack-- Kleenex, mini fans, first aid kit, sewing kit, body glide, magic bands, pins, and so forth. It is so handy to keep it altogether so I don't have to search for those things when it is time to pack.

(My husband should have known that we weren't going to be a "one and done" family when I dedicated a drawer to our Disney trips. Lol!)

Me too! Mine's a giant tote bag in the closet. My husband and I call it the "goody bag".

If you are a penny crush collector -
We use the empty tubes from m&m minis for our change. You can preload the tubes (2 quarters, penny, 2 quarters, penny) and then keep an empty one for the crushed pennies. It's so much easier than carrying a pocketfull of change or trying to dig in your purse!

It's so much easier than carrying a pocketfull of change or trying to dig in your purse!
LOL, I bought a purse before our last trip and I hadn't used one in about 30 years. Anyway, I then bought a girl's little purse at Disney Springs because I didn't have a pocket JUST for pennies.
I wish I had found a folder for the pennies at one of the gift shops since my old one is full.

AAA Batteries!!!!! my camera sometimes will suck by batteries dry!! LOL i have yet to be able to purchase them in the parks. but some very kind CM have given me 3 aaa bats before, so grateful for that. Also any meds for upset stomach, cause the last thing u want to have to do is try and go downstairs to the gift shop when are not feeling well

I was reading this to my husband and laughing saying, " See I am not that bad, I don't have a drawer, just a bag I keep in the closet". He proceeded to remind me that we have 2 Owners Lockers stored down there, I don't need a drawer as what else could I possibly need to bring that is not in those lockers??
Oops…….

I have started bringing a Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads down with me when the weather is warm. You can find them at Wal Mart or Amazon and they come in several bright colors.. I bought a full size towel and cut it down length wise. It makes it into a scarf size towel you can drape around your neck. You wet these in the morning with cold water, squeeze out all the water and put it in a sandwich size ziplock bag. When you get hot through out the day, take out the Frogg Togg Chilly Pad and place it on your face, neck arms, whatever. It feels cold as long as it is damp. When it feels warm all you have to do is take it off and shake it out for a few seconds and it cools off again. If need be, you can rinse it out in the bathroom and wring it out again and it's good to go. Feels wonderful especially with the Florida humidity. It doesn't take up much room in your bag and is easy to use. When I get bake to the room, I rinse it out, put it back in the ziplock bag and place it in the fridge, that way it starts off really cold in the mornings. When you buy a full size towel, be sure to cut it long way and you end up with two better size towels for the price of ones. When you get home from your trip, rinse it out and hang it over the shower curtain to dry and it dries hard and stiff. Don't keep it wet because if not used for a long time it will mildew. After it dries, place it in the back of the closet till you need it again and it's ready to get wet again.
http://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-Chilly-Pad-Blue/dp/B00E8MBNQQ

What's an Owner's locker?

Makes my trips SOOOO much easier….

www.ownerslocker.com

We have a large "tupperware" container stored in their facility. You pay a small storage fee and delivery fee. We set a date online and when check in to our hotel our containers are waiting for us. We keep shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, everything we need for our trip that isn't clothes in there. We feel the storage and delivery fee is a wash because we don't have to check bags when coming because all we need are clothes for that trip.
We even have a mini Keurig that we got on sale in there so I can have the coffee I like in the morning before heading out.

I was reading this to my husband and laughing saying, " See I am not that bad, I don't have a drawer, just a bag I keep in the closet". He proceeded to remind me that we have 2 Owners Lockers stored down there, I don't need a drawer as what else could I possibly need to bring that is not in those lockers??
Oops…….

This made me almost spit my coffee out hahaha!

Besides the rice cooker, the Hot Shot is great for heating up water for noodles, soup or tea, especially if you don't want coffee acids leached into your food/beverage...
k2-_d475e9d5-7438-453e-b371-3ce578371de6.v1.jpg-2d00ce558aaf193a6eb2ae75d93013e57c1c0fc3-optim-450x450.jpg

Oh, the extra charger for your phone is brilliant! Definitely gonna need to bring that...

I think with the increased use of MDE on smart phones this is almost becoming a requirement now. We took a few portable chargers on our Disney trip last June and now carry them with us almost anywhere we go if we're going to be away for a few hours without the ability to easily charge our phones. The kids drain the battery life on their phones so quickly because they're always streaming *something*. :D

Stole this idea from another thread (but don't remember which one) but a door stop. Pop and Sis both use ECV's when we stay and it sure beats holding the door while one or both run over my foot.

Mom always had extra bandaids and safety pins. The safety pins came in handy when a German lady was sobbing in the restroom at EPCOT- she was well endowed and both bra straps had broken.

Power strips (for the ECV's) so the cords reach.

Night light. Chargers and battery pack. Ponchos. Clothespin for hanging up wet clothes (when we forget the ponchos in the room). Dishwashing liquid for cleaning sunglasses (& regular ones too).

Poppinspenguins- love the idea for scissors. I'll add that for next stay!

You are a true hero!! I couldn't imagine how horrible the bra strap incident would be!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter