• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random Questions?

GrimAndGrinning

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, I'm new at this ranch.

I promise I tried to find answers to these questions but I really haven't seen them anywhere. I may be looking in the wrong spot though. Any help would be awesome!

1) Has anyone tried the brisket sandwich at the Electric Umbrella?
2) I can't find any desserts other than the moonshine cake listed at Homecomin', there's gotta be more than that right?
3)With an alcoholic drink being offered with the dining plans now, there's obviously not unlimited refills on them. Has anyone switched to a non alcoholic option after a cocktail or is it an additional charge?
4) The Poutine place at Disney Springs, I've seen it listed as a snack option some places and a counter service on others. Can anyone clarify what this is as far as the dining plan is concerned.

Last edited:
Can't help you with 1, 3, or 4 but

2 - these are the desserts on the menu when I was there again last weekend:
Shine Cake - Chef Art's signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup, served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream $10
Hummingbird Cake - The famous pineapple-banana cake with cream cheese frosting from Chef Art's bestselling cookbook, "Back to the Table." Served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. $11
Auntie's Chocolate Cake - Aunt Evelyn's luscious chocolate cake with candied pecans $10
Doughnuts - freshly made mini sugar doughnuts $8
---> I think this was on there, too, but can't recall... Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie - a 100-year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe, served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Available seasonally. $10

(taken from allearsnet.com)

So you'll definitely have more options than the moonshine cake, though it's my favorite ;)

I'll answer the second question. Yes, there are other desserts:
Homecoming_16-33-700x484.jpg

The Daily Poutine can use a counter service credit. You can not use a snack credit on the poutine dishes themselves, they might have other items that count as a snack, but I know not the main dishes.

My husband got the brisket sandwich at the Electric Umbrella and I took a bite to try it. It was okay. Honestly, I think just about anywhere at WDW has better food than Electric Umbrella but my son and husband were starving and didn't care what they ate so they decided to just stop there on the way out of the park.

My husband got the brisket sandwich at the Electric Umbrella and I took a bite to try it. It was okay. Honestly, I think just about anywhere at WDW has better food than Electric Umbrella but my son and husband were starving and didn't care what they ate so they decided to just stop there on the way out of the park.

I just tend to always go to sunshine seasons and thought the sandwich sounded interesting

I will say this about the moonshine cake: It was one of my favorite desserts from my last trip to Disney. Everyone was saying try the hummingbird cake, which I hear is very good, but I am really happy that I tried the moonshine cake. But yes, as others have pointed out here, there are other dessert options.

As far as #3, based on my research it seems that technically only one beverage is a part of the dining plan, either alcoholic or non. If you order an alcoholic drink your nonalcoholic drink will be a separate charge. However there are reports of some restaurants letting it slide and not charging for the coke or whatever. You should expect to be charged and hope not to be!

fantastic. thank you everyone who replied! Does any of this really change the outcome of my trip? no, but it does make me feel a little more informed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter