• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rakuten screen shot on 11/23/23 of Sam's Club, anyone?

Polychrome

Earning My Ears
I don't supposed any of you wiser than me people grabbed a screen shot of Rakuten's 12% offer at Sam's Club on Nov 23rd ? I am sure it did NOT exclude gift cards, but they clawed back the money and are now only giving me 1% back :/

Hey! So the same thing happened to me! I purchased the Southwest gift cards on 11/23 and got an email that I received $239.99 back. It showed up in my account in the cash back balance, but then I noticed a few weeks ago that my cash back balance was a couple hundred dollars off. So I went through their “contact us” and they gave me $20 back. 😠 So I contacted them again. I happen to have the Rakuten email that showed I earned $239.99 and have yet to hear back. I don’t have the screenshot but do you happen to have the emails they sent on that day?

I don't supposed any of you wiser than me people grabbed a screen shot of Rakuten's 12% offer at Sam's Club on Nov 23rd ? I am sure it did NOT exclude gift cards, but they clawed back the money and are now only giving me 1% back :/

Yes, I posted it on the Disney gift card thread

Hey! So the same thing happened to me! I purchased the Southwest gift cards on 11/23 and got an email that I received $239.99 back. It showed up in my account in the cash back balance, but then I noticed a few weeks ago that my cash back balance was a couple hundred dollars off. So I went through their “contact us” and they gave me $20 back. 😠 So I contacted them again. I happen to have the Rakuten email that showed I earned $239.99 and have yet to hear back. I don’t have the screenshot but do you happen to have the emails they sent on that day?

Don't give up. It's been confirmed on the gift card thread peeps who had the same issue were paid in full.
You really have to stay on them though and maintain a friendly posture. Once you go negative, they will stop responding.

Most specials for any % off generally say it excludes gift cards since they are really just like cash. Not familiar with that product likely they have the same rules. Often if you read the fine print, most say they reserve the right to change the terms and/or correct errors. Perhaps they didn't realize gift cards weren't being excluded which likely was an error on their part.

Most specials for any % off generally say it excludes gift cards since they are really just like cash. Not familiar with that product likely they have the same rules. Often if you read the fine print, most say they reserve the right to change the terms and/or correct errors. Perhaps they didn't realize gift cards weren't being excluded which likely was an error on their part.
When it comes to Rakuten I certainly agree, however on this specific offer, terms of gift cards were not excluded and the fact peeps have been paid in full speaks for itself. They got caught taking money belonging to their customers.
Rakuten is notorious for clawing back even on valid purchases. It's like they hope you don't notice missing cb and unfortunately that's easy to occur since many don't keep track and/or take screenshots.

Don't give up. It's been confirmed on the gift card thread peeps who had the same issue were paid in full.
You really have to stay on them though and maintain a friendly posture. Once you go negative, they will stop responding.
YAY ! You are awesome FoxC63, thank you ! I will search the gift card thread now for the screen shot.

It was my first time ever participating in Rakuten, so no emails, but I did take screen shots of my cash back before they removed then added back with decreased value the Sam's Club stuff. I am going to look for that screen shot of the offer that FoxC63 put in the gift card thread and include that in my next email. Good luck to you!

Any idea where on the thread? I have been searching for an hour and haven't found it yet :/

I just noticed that the date does not appear anywhere on the screen shot... This is from 11/24/23. But it's the same offer because I placed orders on 11/23 and 11/24.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_145158_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_145158_Photos.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240107_145151_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_145151_Photos.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 32
Ummm, @Polychrome, that 2nd screen shot from @PoppyJ has the list of categories & how much each category gets. It clearly says gift cards 1%. So no, gift cards weren’t in the list of exclusions. But they weren’t eligible for 12%. I didn’t renew my Sam’s club so didn’t order, but I don’t think you have much to go on for getting 12%.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the date does not appear anywhere on the screen shot... This is from 11/24/23. But it's the same offer because I placed orders on 11/23 and 11/24.
But it says 1% for gift cards???

Ummm, that 2nd screen shot from @Polychrome has the list of categories. It clearly says gift cards 1%. So gift cards weren’t in the list of exclusions. But they weren’t eligible for 12%. I didn’t renew my Sam’s club so didn’t order, but I don’t think you have much to go on for getting 12%.
Looks like we were posting at the same time!

Shoot! So sorry. I actually posted in the gift cards thread. I didn't realize they changed the gift cards to 1% when I bought my second set of gift cards.
This was my screen shot from 11/23, but I don't have a screen shot of the full list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_162543_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_162543_Photos.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 28
This was my screen shot from 11/23, but I don't have a screen shot of the full list.
Thank you PoppyJ, Yes, they changed it to 1% for gift cards on the 24th but on the 23rd there was nothing saying gift cards were excluded. I hope if you purchased gift cards on the 23rd they don't claw back any funds from you.

Maybe whoever the powers that be or are, can move or delete this thread because I have been advised I should have not created a thread with this question and should have posted the question within the gift card thread. Apologies for any confusion I created ( earning my ears)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter