Rainforest Pass..

scottb8888

DVC: SSR, HHI & BVI
can you buy the length of stay pass in advance?

What the difference between individual day passes and length of stay??

You can only get length of stay on the ship and they are limited.

Differences are noted below by @Maggie'sMom

Last edited:
You can only get length of stay on the ship and they are limited. Only difference is you get a slight discount on buying length of stay vs buying each day individually.

Actually, the pre-purchased day passes are cheaper than the length of stay pass. The pre-purchased day passes don't come with the scrubs. The length of stay passes include the scrubs. If you add the cost of the scrubs and buy the same number of days as the length of your cruise, then the day passes are more expensive.

Actually, the pre-purchased day passes are cheaper than the length of stay pass. The pre-purchased day passes don't come with the scrubs. The length of stay passes include the scrubs. If you add the cost of the scrubs and buy the same number of days as the length of your cruise, then the day passes are more expensive.

Today I learned.... not what I was told previously, but makes sense. I've always just gotten the length of stay.. will edit my post, thanks!

Can you get the length of cruise pass without the scrubs? I know at the one they did offer it. Not sure if they still do?

I'm wondering how to get the scrubs with a day pass ... is that possible?

Can you get the length of cruise pass without the scrubs? I know at the one they did offer it. Not sure if they still do?

I haven't read of it being an option, but I don't know if it is and I've just not seen a post on it.

From what I've heard, you can pay extra to get the scrubs with the day pass, but I'm not sure of the price.

I've only ever gotten the pre-purchased day passes. I was able to buy the scrubs at the desk when I went in. If I remember correctly, they were about $5-$6 each (there are different scents/types) or so for a little cup of the scrub and a loofah.

Whether multiple day passes or a length of cruise pass is cheaper depends on multiple factors:

- length of cruise (# days)
- single or couple length of cruise pass
- scrubs or no scrubs (not all cruises offer a no scrubs length of cruise pass)

Another factor to consider in the math is would you actually use all the days ? For example, on boarding day, the spa open house/tours doesn't end until IIRC about 5 pm. So you probably wont be using the rainforest room until then, which puts you into dinner times / photos / shows and probably unpacking and such. Will you actually manage to fit in a session or will that be a lost day ? Sometimes it can be hard to fit in with everything else going on.

SW

or example, we did a B2B on the Dream in 2015.

They offered single and couple length of cruise passes, both Deluxe that included scrubs, and a basic version that did not include scrubs.

For comparison sake, below is just the cost of the pass, no gratuities (auto 18%), but it lets us use whole numbers :-)

3 night cruise = 3 days in the RR room

length of cruise pass for one person, deluxe = $69
3 x single day passes ($16 each) = $48
SAVE WITH DAY PASS = $21 but do not get scrubs

length of cruise pass for two people, deluxe = $102
3 x 2 x 16 = $96
SAVE WITH DAY PASS = $6 but do not get scrubs

length of cruise pass for one person, NO SCRUBS = $42
3 x single day passes ($16 each) = $48
SAVE WITH LENGTH OF CRUISE PASS = $6

4 day was similar pattern, with little better savings.

OTOH, for the 7 day cruise on the fantasy, 7 day passes is cheaper than a single LOC pass with scrubs, but the couples LOC pass with scrubs is cheaper than 7 day passes for each person.

YMMV and prices may have increased.

Comparing LOC with scrubs to day passes is not an equal comparison since with day passes you do not get scrubs, but since we don't use scrubs that is not an issue.

SW

We've purchased the couple's length of cruise passes and had to remind them to give us the scrubs. Once on the Wonder and then again on the Fantasy.

Whether multiple day passes or a length of cruise pass is cheaper depends on multiple factors:

- length of cruise (# days)
- single or couple length of cruise pass
- scrubs or no scrubs (not all cruises offer a no scrubs length of cruise pass)

Another factor to consider in the math is would you actually use all the days ? For example, on boarding day, the spa open house/tours doesn't end until IIRC about 5 pm. So you probably wont be using the rainforest room until then, which puts you into dinner times / photos / shows and probably unpacking and such. Will you actually manage to fit in a session or will that be a lost day ? Sometimes it can be hard to fit in with everything else going on.

SW

It's a little bit of a roll of the dice.... You can get those single day passes ahead of time, or hope the no scrub option is available. I wish they were just clear and up front about the passes. It would make life much less confusing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter