Rainforest Pass

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
Help me out here. I don’t get what the big draw the the rainforest room is. I took a tour with an open mind on the Wonder last month and all it was was 4 or 5 heated tile loungers, a couple of saunas and 2 showers that had different features. The heated lounger seems kind of gross to me. All I see is grouted bacteria. Maybe I’m too much of a germaphobe for it. Don’t get me wrong, if you love it that’s great. I just don’t see the $16.50 being worth it.

IMHO it is much better on the Dream and Fantasy. We did the Rainforest Room on the Wonder and probably won't do it on the Wonder or Magic again. However the Dream class is a different story.

I see what you're saying.
My husband and I got a pass for the Rainforest Room on our first Disney cruise about 5 years ago. For us, the showers were so awkward because they are open. If you are wanting to try one and it's occupied, you have to find something else to do or stand there and wait for the occupant to be finished.
You totally have swimsuits on, but it is odd. We couldn't stop laughing at how serious some people were in there.
It's also weird bc we went into the sauna to sit for a bit, but there were other people in there as well. You either have to strike up a conversation with them, or sit quietly bc it's such close quarters.
The hot tub was small and a definite no-go for me bc of how busy the Rainforest Room was.
The tile loungers weren't bad (once one became available) bc we had robes on, but it's hard to enjoy yourself when others walk in looking for an empty lounger. Some people stayed on their loungers FOR-EVER and I thought that was rude. We ended up using the pass one day and only for about an hour total. Now we can say we tried it and it's not for us. The spa experience is best (for us) enjoyed privately.

My husband and I got a pass for the Rainforest Room on our first Disney cruise about 5 years ago. For us, the showers were so awkward because they are open. If you are wanting to try one and it's occupied, you have to find something else to do or stand there and wait for the occupant to be finished.
You totally have swimsuits on, but it is odd. We couldn't stop laughing at how serious some people were in there.
It's also weird bc we went into the sauna to sit for a bit, but there were other people in there as well. You either have to strike up a conversation with them, or sit quietly bc it's such close quarters.
The hot tub was small and a definite no-go for me bc of how busy the Rainforest Room was.
The tile loungers weren't bad (once one became available) bc we had robes on, but it's hard to enjoy yourself when others walk in looking for an empty lounger. Some people stayed on their loungers FOR-EVER and I thought that was rude. We ended up using the pass one day and only for about an hour total. Now we can say we tried it and it's not for us. The spa experience is best (for us) enjoyed privately.
so it’s co-ed? I will take the tour on the Dream and see if it looks any different. I would love to take advantage of the couples villa but it’s soooo expensive! I looks so inviting on the tour though. :)

Yes, the Rainforest Room is co-ed. There are separate locker rooms for changing into your swimsuits and robes, but everything else is co-ed.
The RR on the Fantasy and Dream are bigger (more showers, etc) than Magic and Wonder, but similar with what they offer.

Yeah, this is everything that worried me about the Rainforest Room when I toured it on the Magic, and I ended up not booking any kind of pass for it. I just felt like I'd feel very awkward being in that little space in my bathing suit with strangers around me, especially if it was at all busy. I sat on the lounger a moment and found it pleasant (and I'm not worried about cleanliness; those ships are sparkling), but ultimately I was more drawn to simply lay out on a lounger on deck 9 or 10 when the relaxation mood took me.

My mom and I tried the one day pass on our very first cruise a few weeks ago on the Wonder. We really liked the Rainforest Room but only spent about an hour - and I’m REALLY not a “relax” kind of person. The “crowd” kind of ebbed and flowed. When we first arrived the lounge chairs did have just enough open for us (as has already been stated, there are only 5 on the older ships). A little while later, we were the only two people in there. By the very end, all chairs were full and people were in the saunas.

We had our bathing suits on and wore the robes on the loungers, plus had towels down. They do have the privacy curtains between chairs. I thought the one sauna was waaay too steamy (the “mild” room) - I could barely breathe - but the aromatic one was fine. We liked the showers; they are kind of off to the side and they aren’t meant to be bathing showers, more of a “cool off” option.

I will definitely visit at least once on my next cruise (the Magic) but hope I get to sail on the Dream/Fantasy sometime as well to check out their areas!

I love the tile lounge chairs in the Rainforest room, but as mentioned above, some people hog them which is very inconsiderate. I understand everyone paid extra money to be in there which is the very same reason why I let others use it after an hour or so. I think many people can easily stay on the chairs for hours, but with not much to do in there, what does that leave the other people to do? I remember on one cruise I went on 3 separate occasions within a 4 hour period and was never able to lay down a little bit because the chairs were always occupied, 2 people of which never moved in 4 hours! A bit much IMO.

I bought a Rainforest pass the Fantasy cruise I was on last week, but I didn't end up using it. Or rather, I activated and it was shown around, and decided it was really not for me. I didn't like the co-ed aspect, and it just seemed super weird to stand in a bathing suit in an open shower. I couldn't imagine myself relaxing in that environment, so I just worked out at the gym instead.

Those tile chairs... soooo comfortable, though. I always wear a robe or have a towel beneath me, so I'm not grossed out by the grout. Also, the sauna is nice.

I love the Rainforest Room and usually get the Length of Cruise Pass, but that's why they say different strokes...I bring my kindle, read a bit on the heated loungers then alternate-sitting in the caladarium (hot and super humid room), sweat, shower and then dry off/out in the sauna. Repeat for an hour or so. I feel the caladarium and laconium (not as hot and humid room) are really good for my skin and of course I hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's usually super quiet in the evenings and since I'm not a "show" or bar person, this is my nighttime relaxation. There are no kids and it's normally quiet and peaceful...so nice on a crowded ship! Between this and the rocking of the boat, I sleep great and my skin looks AWESOME.

ps-a little gemophobic too and I always have a towel or two between me and any surface my skin is touching

I love the Rainforest Room and usually get the Length of Cruise Pass, but that's why they say different strokes...I bring my kindle, read a bit on the heated loungers then alternate-sitting in the caladarium (hot and super humid room), sweat, shower and then dry off/out in the sauna. Repeat for an hour or so. I feel the caladarium and laconium (not as hot and humid room) are really good for my skin and of course I hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's usually super quiet in the evenings and since I'm not a "show" or bar person, this is my nighttime relaxation. There are no kids and it's normally quiet and peaceful...so nice on a crowded ship! Between this and the rocking of the boat, I sleep great and my skin looks AWESOME.

ps-a little gemophobic too and I always have a towel or two between me and any surface my skin is touching

Curious, why do you choose the length of cruise pass? I enjoy the Rainforest Room, and always think about getting the Length of Cruise Pass, but when I do the math, it seems like pre-purchasing enough day only passes for the length of cruise ends up being cheaper. Just wondering if there is a benefit to Length of cruise Pass that I'm just missing.....

Curious, why do you choose the length of cruise pass? I enjoy the Rainforest Room, and always think about getting the Length of Cruise Pass, but when I do the math, it seems like pre-purchasing enough day only passes for the length of cruise ends up being cheaper. Just wondering if there is a benefit to Length of cruise Pass that I'm just missing.....
The length of cruise passes include the scrubs. The day passes typically do not.

Honestly, I would just prefer to do it that way. I have the sticker, the ladies know me on sight by day 2 (of course I've been there 3 times usually by the evening!) and it seems to work for me. I don't want to deal with ordering the day passes and using them daily. It usually comes out of an onboard credit so doesn't hurt as much to pay a little extra, I suppose??

I haven't been on the Wonder or the Magic yet, but I loved the tile loungers on the Fantasy. I've heard that the smaller ships don't have the view that you have on the Dream and Fantasy. One of my favorite memories is laying on a tile lounger looking out at the Puerto Rico landscape drinking ice water with lime.

I haven't been on the Wonder or the Magic yet, but I loved the tile loungers on the Fantasy. I've heard that the smaller ships don't have the view that you have on the Dream and Fantasy. One of my favorite memories is laying on a tile lounger looking out at the Puerto Rico landscape drinking ice water with lime.

The Magic and Wonder's Rainforest Room is completely indoors and does not include any hot tubs. I find the dark, moonlit room to be relaxing.

The length of cruise passes include the scrubs. The day passes typically do not.

So the extra cost just covers the scrubs. Can you still ask for the length of cruise pass without the scrubs? Does that get the price down to equal to the same about of single day passes if bought individually to cover the length of the cruise?

Honestly, I would just prefer to do it that way. I have the sticker, the ladies know me on sight by day 2 (of course I've been there 3 times usually by the evening!) and it seems to work for me. I don't want to deal with ordering the day passes and using them daily. It usually comes out of an onboard credit so doesn't hurt as much to pay a little extra, I suppose??

I definitely get the convince of the length of cruise, but esp. on longer cruises were say I don't plan to use it 1 or 2 days, the price difference becomes so huge.... I really want to just go the length of cruise way.... just never could figure out a valid reason to do so.

I have sailed the Dream and the Fantasy and love the Rainforest Room. I only use the loungers and sometimes the hot tub. I cannot use the showers because they have scents I am allergic to. On the loungers I have the rob on and lay down towels, so no issue with how long ago it was last cleaned.

Whether the length of cruise pass (single or couple; with or without scrubs) or the day passes ends up being cheaper depends on the length of the cruise and type of pass: you have to do the math.

SW

Thank you all so much for your respectful responses. I gained a lot of insight in this thread. That was one other thing about the Wonder, it felt like a cave. I will definitely tour the Dream Rainforest if there is a view. :)

Thank you all so much for your respectful responses. I gained a lot of insight in this thread. That was one other thing about the Wonder, it felt like a cave. I will definitely tour the Dream Rainforest if there is a view. :)

Would you say it was the...Cave of Wonder?

Screenshot_116.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter