Rainforest or Splitsville or...?

Zach Smith

Earning My Ears
Hello -

Long time lurker, first-time poster here, really enjoy the boards. My Fiance and I are getting married in Disney in June and driving there from Texas. We will be getting into our resort (Beach Club) in the early afternoon. Looking to settle in, and without theme park tickets for that day, get a bite to eat on Disney property for Dinner. Since three kids will be joining us, ages 10, 13, and 18, their first time there, wanted to bring them somewhere that has some kind of Disney/fun theme. Limiting our options to Disney Springs and resorts that first day, we decided on Rainforest Cafe. Safe food choices and cool theme for kids, even though the reviews aren't all that great for the food itself.

Looking for any advice on other restaurant for dinner, between 7pm-9pm, on a Monday night. Looking at Splitsville as well due to the better reviews and bowling option, but is there anywhere else that we should be looking at, reservations or otherwise?

Thank you for your opinions!

Rainforest Cafe is a chain, so it’s probably a pretty safe bet for kids. I was pleasantly surprised with the one at Animal Kingdom when I had them for lunch in January. I couldn’t get in anywhere else.

I can’t speak to Splitsville, but it’s also a chain and probably a safe bet for kids.

I really liked Art Smith’s Homecomin’ when I was there. They’re a fried chicken place in Disney Springs and I thought they were very good. If your kids like fried chicken, I’d go there.

Homecoming was one of our primary choices as well...until I looked and found no dinner reservations available :( Lunch is available, but we MIGHT just be getting into the area at that time...

You might look at Rainforest's cousin so to speak T-Rex and D-Luxe Burger is actually quite good.
Good ideas! I actually put T-Rex above Splitsville and RC, but the only reservation around dinner was at 9:30, a little too late.

D-Luxe Burger sounds like a solid option though, thank you!

You could always reserve something now and check the website every so often to see if Homecomin’ has any reservations available. People change their minds as it gets closer and the website updates every morning.

Good ideas! I actually put T-Rex above Splitsville and RC, but the only reservation around dinner was at 9:30, a little too late.

D-Luxe Burger sounds like a solid option though, thank you!
Did you call T-Rex directly or try to make an ADR? I know T-Rex, RC, Raglan Road and a few other restaurants in DS keep some reservations out of the ADR system for Open Table, people who call and Landry Select Club members.

T-rex is basically a cooler more unique version of Rainforest Cafe and I think the kids would love it!

Just as an FYI reservations through MDE are a little wonky and times are limited and/or late in the night. Best bet is to call the restaurant directly to make a reservation!

but that would be my vote!

Are you looking for a second dinner or other recommendations besides Rainforest Cafe? If the former, I would not do T-Rex AND Rainforest Cafe. They are too similar IMO. But if you're just looking for recommendations for something other than Rainforest Cafe to make you change your mind, I would personally do a character meal to get the kids into the swing of things if that's your intention. The character meals at the resorts may be easier to come by, and chances are you'd still have time to visit Disney Spring after if you wanted to. If no character meals are available, I might choose a restaurant at AKL since its such a unique place.

Thank you all for the recommendations! I called T-Rex directly and...yup, reservations available right in our wheelhouse. Thank you for those that gave that suggestion, forgot it's not really a "Disney" restaurant. I will also look at whatever character dinner's are left on that night.

Again, thank you all, appreciate the advice.

We like the fork and screen option at AMC Dine In theater- if there is a good movie playing that would be nice and relaxing plus appeal to those ages

So has anyone had the food at splitsville? Last time I went I went to Raglan Road and would not hesitate to return.

We really enjoy Splitsville, have eaten here 2x & wouldn't hesitate to return. The menu is huge (great sushi believe it or not) & the bowling is fun too.

If you have any the Landry’s card, you pay 20 dollars for it which you can get back at your first meal), you don’t need reservations for T-Rex or Tanforest Cafe. You get priority seating.

Between Rainforest and Splitsville, I would choose Splitsville for food. Their pizza and sushi is pretty good, lots of their other items look good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter