• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain

... I'm still gonna be in Disneyland with the biggest idiot grin on my face the whole time.

Mother Nature: BRING IT! I'm ready :charac4:
That's the spirit! Have a great trip and get ready to really feel the magic! Rainy days can bring out the best in CMs and guests as we all try our hardest to have fun, no matter what! :)

NB to Everyone Who'll Be Visiting During The Rain: Please take a moment to be kind to the CMs who'll be working so hard to make the magic for you! It isn't easy being cold and wet all day, especially for those on the evening shifts -- wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and let them know you appreciate their hard work. :)

We’re Californians, so we don’t have great rain gear. We call it quits early and enjoy a nice hot tub soak and a nice, warm dinner. Maybe piano or stories if we are staying at a DL hotel. Still fun.

No rain yet! Had wonderful cocktails inside of Trader Sams followed by a visit to the New Orleans restaurant at downtown Disney and was able to walk in.

Great Way to start the Holiday!

We definitely are not okay or comfortable with soaking wet shoes.... that is what I was wondering if shoes really get that soaked there in the rain? When we were getting dumped on at Legoland our feet still stayed dry... usually it takes tromping in not well drained soils or puddles for our shoes to get soaked and our feet actually wet. We don't even like getting our feet wet on rides and avoid that. Even with lots of getting out in the rain our feet stay dry just in our regular walking shoes when out and about in most situations so I just wasn't sure if there was more to it with regards to DL that shoes are more likely to get soaked through there somehow?

I am here today and our feet were soaked just walking through bag check! There were a lot of puddles everywhere and walking around them was unavoidable at times. I would definitely recommend rain boots if it's going to be a heavy rain.

We must be wimps because we arrived at the park this morning, walked through bag check and turned around and left! Although we were fairly prepared with rain gear, we were miserable! A few minutes after we arrived we received an emergency text message that there was a flash flood warning in the area. Not the most exciting Thanksgiving but we would have been miserable!

We must be wimps because we arrived at the park this morning, walked through bag check and turned around and left! Although we were fairly prepared with rain gear, we were miserable! A few minutes after we arrived we received an emergency text message that there was a flash flood warning in the area. Not the most exciting Thanksgiving but we would have been miserable!
Yeah, everyone in Southern CA got that warning. Trust me, there isn't going to be a flash flood in Anaheim. If you would have been miserable, you made the right choice. The rain is not projected to stop until after Midnight, and it will be heavy at times.

That's the spirit! Have a great trip and get ready to really feel the magic! Rainy days can bring out the best in CMs and guests as we all try our hardest to have fun, no matter what! :)

NB to Everyone Who'll Be Visiting During The Rain: Please take a moment to be kind to the CMs who'll be working so hard to make the magic for you! It isn't easy being cold and wet all day, especially for those on the evening shifts -- wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and let them know you appreciate their hard work. :)
What a great post! Reminding us to give the CMs extra love!

On the subject of waterproof shoes - for kids, would a waterproof hiking sneaker do the trick?
My friend is an avid hiker and wore her waterproof hiking shoes to the park earlier this year when it was raining and she said she was fine. They were fully broken in, and she wore warm socks with them. Her feet stayed dry. So they should work as long as your kids are comfy in them.

I am here today and our feet were soaked just walking through bag check! There were a lot of puddles everywhere and walking around them was unavoidable at times. I would definitely recommend rain boots if it's going to be a heavy rain.
Nothing wrong with leaving early on. Better to leave than be miserable. The rain can be fun, but depending on how hard it's coming down, it can be rough!

And yes, I have rain boots and those are game changers. No need to worry about puddles. They aren't always the mot comfortable, but I added gel inserts to mine and they are fine.

I was people watching at the Art bus stop while waiting for the bus...(I went to Walmart to buy some sweets for home...) and I was surprised about what some people wear.:sad2:
I saw pretty much everything including shorts and flip flops...:cold:. And I saw so many people who just wear regular, thin sneakers... There were so many puddles on the way to the bag check already I doubt that they even arrived the turnstiles without completly soaked feet...(and it wasn’t even raining that much when I was there...)

My waterproof hiking boots stayed dry so far but didn’t get tested much yet...I hope they hold up to the advertising promise... but already a big thanks to @theluckyrabbit for the great tips!
And I would definitely recommend some sort of waterproof rain pants or covers for the ankles...my ankles were wet even so I didn’t walk fast or far, had an umbrella and watched my steps...

I am just glad today wasn’t supposed to be a park day for me because I have a slight cold already... I‘ll head out to DD soon for my thanksgiving dinner at storytellers and than hope that tomorrow will be better... but I think I am well prepared thanks to the Disboards...

I was people watching at the Art bus stop while waiting for the bus...(I went to Walmart to buy some sweets for home...) and I was surprised about what some people wear.:sad2:
I saw pretty much everything including shorts and flip flops...:cold:. And I saw so many people who just wear regular, thin sneakers... There were so many puddles on the way to the bag check already I doubt that they even arrived the turnstiles without completly soaked feet...(and it wasn’t even raining that much when I was there...)

My waterproof hiking boots stayed dry so far but didn’t get tested much yet...I hope they hold up to the advertising promise... but already a big thanks to @theluckyrabbit for the great tips!
And I would definitely recommend some sort of waterproof rain pants or covers for the ankles...my ankles were wet even so I didn’t walk fast or far, had an umbrella and watched my steps...

I am just glad today wasn’t supposed to be a park day for me because I have a slight cold already... I‘ll head out to DD soon for my thanksgiving dinner at storytellers and than hope that tomorrow will be better... but I think I am well prepared thanks to the Disboards...

I saw a family with two children and they were wearing long sleeved shirts. No jacket at all. I felt awful for them!

We are Hurricane Harvey and multiple flood survivors from Houston, so these flash flood warnings are amusing me- it’s like what northerners think of Houstonians and how the city shuts down because of snow flurries! Ha.

We are Hurricane Harvey and multiple flood survivors from Houston, so these flash flood warnings are amusing me- it’s like what northerners think of Houstonians and how the city shuts down because of snow flurries! Ha.
The floods in the city aren't too bad. They can be bad in the mountain areas where they roads can get washed out, or if there is a mudslide. I will say, when I lived in Phoenix and Las Vegas, flash floods, literally meant entire roads in the city were flooded out since the ground can't soak up the water fast enough (#desertproblems). Driving in Socal in the rain is less stressful since I know the roads won't be flooded.

The floods in the city aren't too bad. They can be bad in the mountain areas where they roads can get washed out, or if there is a mudslide. I will say, when I lived in Phoenix and Las Vegas, flash floods, literally meant entire roads in the city were flooded out since the ground can't soak up the water fast enough (#desertproblems). Driving in Socal in the rain is less stressful since I know the roads won't be flooded.

Yes. The mudslide potential in the mountains is really scary. We are in the city and I shake my head at my neighbors who are freaking out. But it’s all about what you’re used to... after 60” of rain in three days during Harvey, I’m confident San Diego will survive this.... but totally understand it’s different in the mountains.

I saw a family with two children and they were wearing long sleeved shirts. No jacket at all. I felt awful for them!
I'm going to choose to believe this was a choice the kids made for themselves, and that the parents have jackets in the park pack or something. (That's always what happens with my kid.)

For anyone interested, it sure isn’t raining at DL currently. Blue skies and bright sun! And the nice weather seems to have brought the crowds! But it’s a lovely day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter