• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RAIN on New Years Eve!!! - attendance predictions?

notcrazy

Earning My Ears
I have never been to DLR on NYE, and most of the people on this board in previous threads have been saying get there by mid-afternoon if you wanted to avoid the park closing

what's everyone think now that rain has been in the forecast for a few days?

If rain means no parade or fireworks, I think the crowds will be smaller.

I hope it means less people so we can get there a little later!!! We are considering going this year (if we don't get sick), and am glad to hear about the rain. If you take in consideration the 50th, that it's a Saturday, and the Rose Parade is on the 2nd instead of the 1st, it could be even more nuts than usual!!! Please rain scare away some people, lol!!! :umbrella:

New years Eve 1999/2000 it rained on and off the whole day. :umbrella: The park was still PACKED. But there was no where else I wanted to be on that day. :cheer2:

Sooz :flower:

Last year I attended on NYE and the crowds were not even as bad as we expected. I believe it did have something to do with the fact that it rained, even pired, earlier in the morning. We did not get there until 7 and had no problems. I am really hoping it rains again this year in the day to lighten the crowds a little.

can someone confirm that there are no fireworks becuase of rain?

what about last year??

last year i was there and yes it did rainin the am and maybe sprinkle in the afternoon but yess fireworks still went on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter