Rain is coming Dec. 19th-??

Corpsebride

DIS Veteran
FYI Disneyland traveler's! Rain is in the forecast starting Dec.19th through at least Dec. 23rd. It might be a little chilly,too. So, I wouldn't rely solely on plastic ponchos. But, the bright side is that the parks are still great fun even in the rain.

Yes we are arriving 18th-20th and have been watching the weather change every 48hrs for last 2 weeks. Will be packing ponchos and rubber boots for the littles. Fingers crossed its only small downpours. Never know till day off i guess.

Gonna be a blast anyways maybe keep the crowds down a bit but not likely.

Yes we are arriving 18th-20th and have been watching the weather change every 48hrs for last 2 weeks. Will be packing ponchos and rubber boots for the littles. Fingers crossed its only small downpours. Never know till day off i guess.

Gonna be a blast anyways maybe keep the crowds down a bit but not likely.
Funny thing is that half the time the rain never shows. So, fingers crossed for that!

Was there last month and the forecast changed almost daily, once you get about 3 days out it’s a lot more accurate. 7-10 days prior our last trip they were predicting temps in the 80s, then 7 days out rain entered the forecast. 80s temps didn’t materialize ( upper 70s) but it did end up raining one day. Forecast will firm up a lot more 3 days out

It's happening again!!! We were there last year on NYE into early January and it rained every single day, pretty significantly a torrential downpour on actual NYE lol. I saw this post and went to buy rain boots because I am not making that mistake again. My shoes were soaked before we even got outside of the Disneyland hotel grounds last year.

We were there last year a few days after it “snowed” at Disneyland. It was cold! Rained pretty good a few days as well, but we still had a blast. Will be there again right after new years for a few days. Don’t mind the cold but hoping it stays a bit drier!

FYI Disneyland traveler's! Rain is in the forecast starting Dec.19th through at least Dec. 23rd. It might be a little chilly,too. So, I wouldn't rely solely on plastic ponchos. But, the bright side is that the parks are still great fun even in the rain.
The best website for weather is:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=33.7;-117.8;5&l=rain-3h&t=20231116/2100

The above link is for Anaheim. You can track the weather using the US GFS model as well as the European models and others. Type in Anaheim in search for exact location.

We are Canadians that is not cold haha. We definitely have extra cloths. Staying just off-site so not too hard to swap in case of rain.
You would be surprised! We live in a colder/snowy state and absolutely freeeeeze at night when we are in California, especially in the winter months. I usually do not wear a coat when running errands in winter here unless temps get below 40-ish degrees. If the temp is going to go below 55 in Anaheim, I bring over all of our heavy stuff from the hotel otherwise we will be miserable. I think it is because we are used to dry cold versus the wet SoCal cold. It's much better if you are moving around, but it is different when sitting down/standing in place for fireworks/parade/WOC.

One night a few years ago when we were there in mid-December, they had generic black mittens some of the stores were selling that were flying off the shelves. It was insane lol We've also impulse-purchased a Christmas blanket and a few of the off-brand Disney snuggies to have when we were waiting on fireworks on night.

We're planning on packing our UGG boots, mittens, Columbia heavyweight parka, heavier socks, ear warmers, rain boots, and taking some of those camping heat packs for our hands. We've been through this rodeo enough times to come prepared lol

You would be surprised! We live in a colder/snowy state and absolutely freeeeeze at night when we are in California, especially in the winter months. I usually do not wear a coat when running errands in winter here unless temps get below 40-ish degrees. If the temp is going to go below 55 in Anaheim, I bring over all of our heavy stuff from the hotel otherwise we will be miserable. I think it is because we are used to dry cold versus the wet SoCal cold. It's much better if you are moving around, but it is different when sitting down/standing in place for fireworks/parade/WOC.

One night a few years ago when we were there in mid-December, they had generic black mittens some of the stores were selling that were flying off the shelves. It was insane lol We've also impulse-purchased a Christmas blanket and a few of the off-brand Disney snuggies to have when we were waiting on fireworks on night.

We're planning on packing our UGG boots, mittens, Columbia heavyweight parka, heavier socks, ear warmers, rain boots, and taking some of those camping heat packs for our hands. We've been through this rodeo enough times to come prepared lol
I’m from the same area and know exatly what you mean…while I’m not a sandals-Ans-shorts person here like some…many times, like today, the sun was shining and it was so bright! Ditched my coat halfway through errands. But Disneyland…man I packed like you and was so glad on those parade nights! Only wish I would have brought our Fantasmic seat cushions For the cold concrete!

I am local and went to the parks on Wednesday evening. I wore, jeans, a turtle neck, a sweatshirt, and a heavy jacket. There were times that I took my jacket off and other times when I was happy I had it. Most locals were wearing at least a couple of layers, but I saw some people in shorts and t-shirts. Yesterday, it was in the 80s during the day.

The weather here changes quickly. Pack for all scenarios or plan on purchasing souvenir clothing in the parks (holiday merchandise is currently on sale). Plan on renting a locker or going back to your hotel to pick up your colder weather clothing. My suggestion would be to go on Grizzly River Run just before you change clothing (including pants and shoes).

Last edited:
Predicting showers tomorrow afternoon and light rain Wed morning and showers in the afternoon.

Forecast nailed it today in NorCal . Called for rain here to stop around 8am and it did, and then start up again around 10am which it did.

We will be there Thursday and Knotts on Friday so I’ve been checking every day. Looks like we are going to have the brunt of it! Oh, well. I bought some ponchos, we’ll bring extra shoes and make the best of it! It’s still Disney!

mon and tues zero rain just beautiful days. Wed rain started around 4:30 and poured till 730 when we decided to pack it in for the day. The rain didnt really hinder us we rode Space mountain twice and the train. Also Haunted Mansion to close out the trip. Win/win

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter