Rain and Genie +

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
We leave tomorrow for our Disneyland vacation. So excited!!!

We are going to Disneyland Park on Sunday and Wednesday. Forecast looks rainy for Sunday and nice on Wednesday. We budgeted to get genie plus one of these park days. My original plan was to use it on Sunday. I figured this day would be a little busier and it's the last day for the Haunted Mansion. Looking at the weather I'm wondering if the rain will make the park less busy on Sunday now. I want to make sure I'm optimizing which day genie plus will give us the most bang for our buck. Any thoughts from people who frequent the parks?

I'm not sure that the parks will be noticeably less busy on a rain day due to the reservation system in place now and way less flexibility. That said, if it was me I would choose to use Genie+ on Sunday. My thought would be that I'd like to be able to spend as little time standing in cold/rainy queues and as much time indoors, and I think Genie+ would help accomplish that. Then on Wednesday when it is nicer weather it would be far more pleasant to be in the longer standby lines. That'd be my plan anyway.

The best day for genie+ IMO is the day that you're getting to Disneyland the earliest. This makes it most likely that you'll successfully get an MEP.

If you're getting to the park at the same time each day, then I'd go with the busiest day. Rainy days can be less crowded, but unless it's very rainy it might not make the lines shorter. Some popular rides shut down in the rain; so the crowds aren't as dispersed.

I'm not sure that the parks will be noticeably less busy on a rain day due to the reservation system in place now and way less flexibility.
The reservation system doesn't mean that guests will be in the park (and riding rides) the entire day.

I would still use it on your first day. Go on the rides that are a priority for you. Your second day you can take things a little slower and wait in line for the rides that were your favorites. Rain or shine, HM should be very busy on its last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter