Raglan Road - wow!

Maggi May

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to post a brief thanks to DISers who posted reviews and information about Raglan Road. My DH and I decided to try it and loved it when we ate there earlier this week.

We had a little bit of everything - colcannon and the ribs for appetizers, and the Raglan Risotto and It's Not Bleeding Chowder for entrees. Everything was delicious. My DH was hesitant to order the chowder because he's had bad expereinces with overcooked mussels -- they were done just right. We ordered a couple of the beer tasting flights, and our DS had fish and chips from the kids menu, which had a lot of good choices for him (it was a toss up between the fish and chips and shepherd's pie).

We liked it so much that my DH wanted to go back the next night. I had to talk him into trying the Kona Cafe (which we ended up loving, too).

Thanks again to DISers who have posted reviews about this restaurant. :thumbsup2

Im glad your experience was good. Ours unfortunately was so disastrous (awful music which was so loud, disastrous service and non functioning air con) that my kids were in tears and we left as soon as possible. I realise that when it all goes well it can lead to a great dining experience. Your experience sounds very good but it will take a long time before we are tempted again. I agree the food was good but the portions were very small. Glad it went well for you. :)

Maggs

Glad you liked Raglan Road. We have been many times since it opened, in fact we love it so much, we take friends and family there when they are in town. Everyone has always loved it. The food is fantastic, great atmosphere and we have always had wonderful service.

I'm glad you had such a great exp!

We went twice - liked it both times but really liked it when the DDP was paying for it! Our opinion is still that it's overpriced for small portions but the pain wasn't there this time due to free dining. We'll return next trip - without the DDP - and not eat a full meal to save our $. Awesome atmosphere, IMO - esp late at night. We don't have children and we really enjoyed the late night adult atmosphere.

I will eat there more, but it will be sitting at the bar and not at a table (they serve the full menu at the bar). The table service last August was terrible. The food is good though. And they have real beer at PI!

Glad you enjoyed it. Have yet to try it out. Would anyone like to share more info on (or a link to the Beer Flights?) Do you get to choose from some unique brews? Thanks. pirate:

maggs -- I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I've heard people complaint about how noisy the music can be, but we ate early (with a 2 YO we always tend to eat early :) ) and the place wasn't very crowded or loud. It's amazing how different experiences people can have at the same restaurant. There are several places that my friends swear by in my town where I've had terrible service and bad food and won't go back to.

madcoco -- I just checked the Raglan Road website and it doesn't list the beers in the sampler. As I recall, one sampler was a domestic - Irish beers such as Harp and Guiness, and the other one was from other countries such as a Paulaner Hefe-Weisesen (I know I'm misspelling that one!)

Glad you liked it. We decided that Raglan Rd. will be a "must do" for us. We had a great time there.

We tried it for the first time last week and loved the food as well - I esp. loved the chowder. We were seated in the back with no view of the band, which I wasn't happy about, but DD14 was. Next time, I might wait for a table with a better view.

miamimama said:
We were seated in the back with no view of the band, which I wasn't happy about, but DD14 was. Next time, I might wait for a table with a better view.
What times are the band playing?
And what sort of music?

We really had a great time when we ate here last month so it's nice to read that someone else did, too! We're looking forward to trying it again in May - gotta try a different beer flight this time around. :teeth:

I went to Raglan Road for the first time last Friday night. Got there about 8 p.m. - just when the Irish band started to play. I was with someone who goes there often, so we had a table that was close to where the Irish dancer dances and could see and hear the band - which I thought was fabulous. I had the Smokie City chowder and bread pudding for dessert - excellent.

TDC Nala said:
I will eat there more, but it will be sitting at the bar and not at a table (they serve the full menu at the bar). The table service last August was terrible. The food is good though. And they have real beer at PI!

Oh, good tip. I do want to try this place, so I think I'll probably hit it before
going to the Club. I'd rather eat at the bar if I'm alone, anyway.

I was at Raglan Road about 4:30 on Friday, December 1st so the restaurant was fairly empty and quiet. I love Raglan Road for the appetizers and dessert so much that I haven't tried any of the entrees. This visit was no different. I ordered the Scallop Forest and the Drunk Chicken appetizers and they were wonderful. The Scallops are lightly breaded and absolutely melt in your mouth if prepared correctly. The last time I had visited was back in September on the Labor Day holiday. I had been looking forward to eating at Raglan Road since my visit in January. What a disappointment in September. Totally different presentation and taste. I thought at the time that perhaps the usual Chef was on holiday and according to my waiter on this December trip, the Chef was on holiday the whole Labor Day week. I finished this last visit with the wonderful Bread pudding and two sauces!! I will be back at Raglan Road on my next visit in late January, 2007!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the reviews everyone! DH and I are really looking forward to trying Raglan Road next month. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter