• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Raglan Road or....?

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
So I’m arriving on Sunday, 11/6, and I figure I’ll spend some time at Disney Springs. I booked Raglan Road because I love pubby food, and it looks like fun. However, as always, I‘m going back and forth as to whether I should change,

I LOVE Mexican food, so Frontera looks good. My nephew, who works at Homecoming, hates Jaleo, but I love Tapas, and I’ve eaten at a Jose Andres D.C. restaurant ages ago, and loved it,

Of course, there will always be differences of opinions, but I wonder if I should switch out Raglan Road. I could try and have lunch at the Rose and Crown - that would satisfy my pubby needs.

Thoughts?

Thanks !

We love the entertainment at Raglan Road. They have a live band and Irish dancers, and we enjoy them very much. There is nothing similar at either Rose and Crown or Frontera, if that makes a difference to you.

We love the entertainment at Raglan Road. They have a live band and Irish dancers, and we enjoy them very much. There is nothing similar at either Rose and Crown or Frontera, if that makes a difference to you.

It does, as long as the food is good...that’s the most important thing to me

Raglan Road was a one and done for us. We waited 45 minutes past our ADR to be seated. Then waited 40 minutes for our waiter to acknowledge us. It took another hour to get our food which was cold and my fish and chips were soggy. Then another 30 minutes after asking for our bill, for the bill to arrive. We also asked for a manager 3 times and no one ever came.

Raglan Road was a one and done for us. We waited 45 minutes past our ADR to be seated. Then waited 40 minutes for our waiter to acknowledge us. It took another hour to get our food which was cold and my fish and chips were soggy. Then another 30 minutes after asking for our bill, for the bill to arrive. We also asked for a manager 3 times and no one ever came.
Ouch !

I cancelled my reservation for Toledo on my last day and made an early dinner ADR for Rose and Crown - I didn’t want to leave the park, to be honest. So, now I have my pubby dinner, so Raglan - at least this go-round - might be a no-go.

Since I canceled Toledo, maybe I’ll try Jaleo, despite my nephew’s reservations

We love the Boathouse restaurant at Disney Springs and I think it's one of the best restaurants in all of Disney.

We love the Boathouse restaurant at Disney Springs and I think it's one of the best restaurants in all of Disney.

I ended up cancelling Raglan and made an ADR for Toledo at 8pm. This means that on my arrival day I can spend the day at Disney Springs..maybe have lunch at the Boathouse; the lobster roll looks scrumptious ! Also, as I’m staying at CSR, it will be nice not having to leave my hotel for dinner

I ended up cancelling Raglan and made an ADR for Toledo at 8pm. This means that on my arrival day I can spend the day at Disney Springs..maybe have lunch at the Boathouse; the lobster roll looks scrumptious ! Also, as I’m staying at CSR, it will be nice not having to leave my hotel for dinner
I am SO glad you rebooked Toledo. We ate there in August, based on DD's recommendation from her honeymoon in Nov 2021, and it was fabulous! We also really liked Jaleo. The waiters are extremely knowledgeable about the the food, ingredients, wine/alcohol choices, etc. If you aren't sure what to order, let them guide you.
(FTR... Raglan Road used to be a favorite, but the quality has slipped since the covid shutdown. When DD went to RR on her honeymoon, she said the food there was the worst they had the entire trip, and it was pretty pricey. Makes me sad...)

I am SO glad you rebooked Toledo. We ate there in August, based on DD's recommendation from her honeymoon in Nov 2021, and it was fabulous! We also really liked Jaleo. The waiters are extremely knowledgeable about the the food, ingredients, wine/alcohol choices, etc. If you aren't sure what to order, let them guide you.
(FTR... Raglan Road used to be a favorite, but the quality has slipped since the covid shutdown. When DD went to RR on her honeymoon, she said the food there was the worst they had the entire trip, and it was pretty pricey. Makes me sad...)

I’m so glad, too ! The menu looks soo delicious, and I love Spanish food ...that steak (my favorite food) looks incredible ! Oh, nice ...after a long day of traveling, etc.., it will be nice to have a wonderful dinner and be taken care of. These experiences are priceless.

Jaleo looks amazing, too...but since I now live in FL, I can go back anytime. It’s on my must-do list for next time....unless, depending on what time I leave on the Friday, I have lunch there.

Ooh, I’m sorry to hear that about Raglan, too, because it sounds like a blast. Maybe the decline in RR and Chefs has something to do with no international chefs? Hopefully that will change soon.

Thank you!

We went once basically to cross it off our list. I thought the food was sub-par and we didn't see any entertainment. We heard some music but we were in a room where you couldn't see anything. Won't be back.

DW and I have made a tradition of going to Raglan every trip since we first tried it 10 or so years ago. I will admit that we do routinely wait beyond our reservation time to be seated, as a previous poster mentioned. Thankfully, for us, that is where our experience and theirs went in different directions. As a side note, I generally take this as a sign that it is a popular place considering the place is always packed when we go.

We have never had to wait any undue amount of time for our server, the food has always been hot and delicious, and we have never needed to request a manager. I know that every place can have an off night and that includes what, for us, is a favorite but thankfully we have not experienced that ourselves thus far. We already have our reservation for our trip next month and are looking forward to it.

Raglan Road is fun (if you hit it at the right time) and the food is good (not great). I also enjoyed City Works, not the greatest atmosphere but thought the food was really good (for bar food). I've eaten at Boathouse twice and thought it was marginal.

We really love Raglan and go every visit. We always have to wait, which is obnoxious , but the food has always been great and the entertainment/experience as well. Any time we've been in a room off of the main performance area they have come around and performed in the area we're at, as well as coming around to the tables.
Here are a few pictures to enjoy!
For us, they've come by!
20220315_193716.jpg

We get the Scallop Forest EVERY time!
20150306_200540.jpg

I love the Gnocchi Sea, Gnocchi Do
20200306_185706.jpg

This Serious Steak is delicious
IMG_5506.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter