Raglan Road or Chef Art Smith's Homecoming?

Brownsfan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone - I have narrowed down my DS table service to Raglan Road or Homecoming - what would you choose? Will be on DDP so plan on speciality cocktail, entrée and dessert.

We like both but there are a LOT more items that are more appealing to me at Homecomin'. I will say though that we tend to split a few appetizers and an entree while we relax and have a few drinks at the bar as opposed to sitting down for a full meal there. Have you looked at the menus on line? They are both very good but very different. I don't think you can go wrong with either option.

Im in the minority we didn't enjoy Ragland too much, neither the food or the very loud atmosphere, it probably would have been more fun if we didn't have a table full of ppl who couldn't hear each other over the noise...
I haven't been to homecoming yet we will go in Sept but thats definitely where we are going that and our go to T Rex

Im in the minority we didn't enjoy Ragland too much, neither the food or the very loud atmosphere, it probably would have been more fun if we didn't have a table full of ppl who couldn't hear each other over the noise...
I haven't been to homecoming yet we will go in Sept but thats definitely where we are going that and our go to T Rex

Wow I thought it was just us! The loudness didn’t bother us, but we found the food at Raglan just so so. It may have been in part because we had the worst service we have had in recent memory. After all the glowing reviews I’d read here, we were really disappointed.

We did have a great meal at T Rex and Rainforest Cafe.

both are great choices. On DDP, I might pick Raglan as i enjoy their mains more than their appetizers. But can't go wrong with either.

Raglan Road. We went to both in January, everything at Raglan was delicious, whereas we were really disappointed in both our appetizer (hush puppies) and entree (fried chicken dinner) at Homecomin', my drink at Homecomin' was delicious though, so I would absolutely go back there for drinks, just pass on the food for us next time.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. If Raglan Road, ask at podium to be seated in main dining room to see the show. Both restaurants have some excellent entrees & great desserts. Love the Ger's Bread Pudding at Raglan Road. So rich can easily be shared.

We'd do Homecomin' but I think you'll do ok at either place. I don't really require entertainment during dinner (i.e. Raglan Road) as I've been entertained from the moment I woke up that morning. I'm cool with just sitting down and having a meal. :earsboy:

I am happy to say we have booked both so no decisions to task my overworked brain. :)

Raglan Road. Better atmosphere (granted, it can get a bit loud) and overall better food choices. While many love Homecoming, the food was too heavy and greasy for my liking. Chicken was okay though batter had an odd sweetness to it; mashed potatoes were clunky and unnecessarily had bacon in them; gravy was congealed; salad was overdressed and wilted; fries were average. Best part of the meal was the drink menu. Not bad just not worth the hype. . .unless you simply can't get fried chicken where you live.

We love Raglan Road. We have never been disappointed in a meal there. Bangers and Booz, steak, salmon, and shepherd's pie are all great. I also have to say that the bread pudding dessert is amazing! My husband loves the dark stout beers and I have had a good mojito and special martini before. The entertainment can get a little loud, but you can always ask to sit a bit away from the show if it is not a must see for you. There is also the option of maybe doing a lunch there since the entertainment doesn't start until around 4:30-5:00. We have not tried Homecomin', but looking at the menu I don't think we would. As shameful as it is for a person living in the south right now, I just don't like the "southern home cooking" type of food. It just seems greasy and heavy to me.

Its ironic that you're a T-Rex fan yet the noise bothered you at Raglan. I'm not knocking that, but we just found T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe to be two of the noisier places to dine. We haven't done Raglan yet, so I can't compare.

OP, I agree with a PP who said the menus are very different. Homecoming's menu appeals to us more, but Raglan is a popular spot that is more familiar to people. I agree you can't go wrong with either!

haven't done Raglan, but we did Homecomin last week. It was a really great meal.
The friend chicken and potatos were awesome. The short rib was really good too. The Muleshine was great too.
The shine cake was fantastic. Overall everyone loved it. It is a bit loud and doesn't have the entertainment that Raglan has though.

We also met the Chef as well.

Raglan Road is probably my favorite restaurant at WDW, so that gets my vote. We've always had fantastic meals there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter