Raglan Road Irish Pub tips

DWeav

Mouseketeer
So thinking of making a reservation at the Raglan Road Irish Pub at Disney Springs on our first Saturday night. I read that there are singers and dancers, but often times you are far away from the stage or even in a separate room from the main room (that has the stage).

Any tips on how to get a table within viewing distance? Anyone actually eaten here?

Seems like the food is hit or miss, but that's pretty much anywhere.

We were far from the stage but they periodically brought over a small wooden dance floor and the dancers would dance there for a few minutes and move on.

I know lots of folks love it but we really didn't. Maybe my expectations were too high, but each dish fell a little short to us. The atmosphere was fun though.

We have only gone once thought at that was 2015. Maybe it's better now??

We have only eaten there at lunch but our meal was fantastic! My daughter keeps asking if we will be going back in February when we go. The beers were great too.

FYI, it can be really loud when the music and dancing start. You probably won't want a table super close to the performers - we had a table so close that we gave up trying to talk to each other during the meal. Even when we totally shouted at each other, still couldn't hear a word anyone was saying. Because we didn't know ahead of time that might happen, we were a little irritated, wishing we'd sat further away. And my ears were ringing when I left!

Yeah, at first I was bothered that we were sat so far way but ultimately liked the distance. Plus they came by and danced which we were not expecting.

We have eaten inside and outside, both times the food was delicious! And my kids LOVED the dancers and going on stage to dance. When we checked in, I just asked for a table in the room with the stage! Enjoy!

We go every time we are there. It’s one of my favorites. The cashel salad is excellent as is fish and chips. The dark bread they bring t9 table and the dipping sauce is great. Wine list is very reasonable. We always sit in front room as close to stage and dancing as possible. I’ve never found the sound to be unreasonable. To get a place in the front, we always tell the person who checks us in that we want t9 sit in the main room. And we will wait until a table is ready. We often have to wait an extra 20 min or so. It’s worth it to us. We sat in the back room once and hated it.

Just ask if you want to be close (or if you want somewhere quieter). We've done both on different trips - asked to have a view when my girls wanted to see the dancers, and asked for the back room when my mom wanted a quieter experience - and we've always found them to be very accommodating. The way the restaurant is laid out it isn't as though you're waiting for one of just a handful of tables to open up so it doesn't tend to add much time to your wait.

The scallop forest and bread & butter pudding are my personal favorite menu items, and my whole family likes the shepherds pie enough that I have more or less mastered a copycat version, though mine isn't as pretty. And at brunch, the smoked salmon and potato pancake dish is amazing.

Just let them know when you check in where you want to eat and be willing to wait. We like to eat in the high top tables by the bar.

We were there with a larger party over spring break 2016. They were right at our table, but we waited a long time for our table even with ADR.

What time does the dancers start?

We are going next Friday for the first time (Woot!!!). I worried about that, too. But on the restaurant's website (not the Disney Dining site), they have a list of music times by date. It looked like most days started around 4pm, but I'm trying to remember from looking a month ago. I just wanted to make sure we were good for our time, so I don't fully remember. I was also surprised that they had music every night. I thought it might be weekends only.

I’m hoping to get there for our upcoming trip. We were there in 2015, but didn’t stay because it was SO loud & we were seated with a spotlight right in our eyes. We love the music, dancing, etc but we were o_O not up for it that night! This time will be it!

Any tips on how to get a table within viewing distance?

Just ask at checkin and know that you might have to wait if there are already people sitting at such tables.

And as you’re seated look at where the stage is, and see about moving if you don’t think you can see it.

But being too close can be hard, too!

We ate there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it! We had the gnocchi, stew, and chowder and all were top-notch! DH wasn't that hungry so the waitress suggested the kids' shepherds pie, which was perfect. My mom loved the trifle, and the dessert sampler was delicious. We were thankful to be in the back room, which was still loud, and a dancer came in and danced right next to us. I went over to watch a bit of the stage show, which was no problem. We will definitely be back!

I have reservations for eight in late May. Getting really excited about going and want to try either the Shepard's pie or Bangers and Mash.

As others have said, ask when you check in and just be prepared to wait. I love browsing in the gift shop there, so I never mind waiting. They also have a musician outside who's fun to listen to while you wait.

I absolutely love everything I've eaten there, from brunch to appetizers to dinner entrees to dessert. Absolutely my favorite bar and one of my favorite table service locations at WDW. Haven't had anything I've disliked in the slightest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter