Radisson Resort at the Port?

bartjwb

DVC - Saratoga Springs
Hello all...

We are booked on the Fantasy in September. This will be our third Disney cruise, but our first since 2006. For our other two cruises we flew down a day early and stayed at the Radisson. We loved the pool and the outside bar area. It seemed to be the preferred place to stay back then.

In reading the boards now it seems that when the question comes up about a place to stay the night prior, not too many recommend or mention the Radisson. Has something changed with the resort? Have they not been keeping up with maintenance and such?:confused3

Just wondering, as we're getting ready to book for our upcoming trip.

We stayed at the Radisson in 2012 and wouldn't stay again. The pool area was great and we got a remodeled room but the beds were horrible! We stayed at the Doubletree Inn on Cocoa Beach in 2013 and definitely prefer it over the Radisson. This year we are stayingon property in WDW. I think most people prefer Country Inn and Suites and the Residence Inn when wanting to stay closer to the port.

We're staying there two nights prior to our cruise in March, if I remember I'll respond with an update after that and let you know the condition of the property. I also chose this hotel for the pool area.

It has been 4 years since we have stayed at the Radisson, but we have alway's LOVED it. We have stayed 5 times prior to cruising and used their shuttle to and from the Port. Never had a problem with the shuttle. We only had one problem and it was resolved. They had a Dog Grooming Convention, Which I think is in March. There was a dog that was barking next to us ALL night. I called the front room twice but of course when they would go to the room the dog would stop barking. Anyway at Check- Out they had it noted about me calling the front desk and comped our room without me even asking.

Teri

we stayed in April 2012...and will be staying there again in April 2014. WE had one issue with the sofa bed....but we didn't use it nor planned on using it. it was in rough shape. But the pool is good...room was fine..our two king beds were just fine. STayed two nights no problem. Bus shuttle to port is convenient.

check your rates and competitor rates..then email JOE on the contact page of the Radisson web site...and ask to match another hotel or tell them what you want. There are four of us and we did a king suite..with two king beds living room...sep bedroom and 4 transportation on the shuttle for $150. The breakfast was just so so and mcd's is right across the street to walk.

The one drag is there is no store nearby to go grab snacks....soda...water....other than the little hotel/pool store.

We stayed at the Radisson in October 2013 before our cruise using the Park & Cruise package. Booked a King Suite for 3 of us, and was upgraded to a double King Suite which was very nice. This was the 3rd time staying at the Radisson before a cruise and we still like it. Have never had trouble with the shuttle. The breakfast is just so-so, not sure if I would eat there again. Like another poster said, McDonalds is across the street. We like the Radisson and will stay there again the next time we cruise.

Thank you all for the response. I was hoping that the resort was still a good place to stay, as we enjoyed our previous stays so much.:beach:

We have stayed at the Radisson before our last three Disney cruises, and have always been pleased. We found the rooms and beds comfortable, though like a previous poster, we didn't care for the breakfast at all. I would recommend walking next door to Zachary's for breakfast. The pool area is a great place to relax! Also, I love Thai Thai, a little thai/sushi bar across the street...yum!!:goodvibes

I stayed at the Radisson in 2012 and I thought the resort was fine, room was big, pool was great but as others have mentioned I didn't like those sleep number beds. I had buffet breakfast which I didn't really enjoy very much. Nevertheless I would stay there again.

We stayed at the Radisson in October 2013 before our cruise using the Park & Cruise package. Booked a King Suite for 3 of us, and was upgraded to a double King Suite which was very nice. This was the 3rd time staying at the Radisson before a cruise and we still like it. Have never had trouble with the shuttle. The breakfast is just so-so, not sure if I would eat there again. Like another poster said, McDonalds is across the street. We like the Radisson and will stay there again the next time we cruise.

I am considering the Radisson King or double King suite. Can you tell me how the room is configured? From the description I read it sounds like both Kings are in the bedroom and there is a pull out couch in the living area. Is that correct?

I am considering the Radisson King or double King suite. Can you tell me how the room is configured? From the description I read it sounds like both Kings are in the bedroom and there is a pull out couch in the living area. Is that correct?

This is how ours was. Two kings in the bedroom, along with the Jacuzzi tub. The bathroom was off the bedroom. The other room had a pull out sofa, a couple chairs, a desk, and a mini-kitchen with small dining table. There was a TV in both rooms.

We stayed there in 2009 prior to a cruise (not DCL - it was actually a Nickelodeon cruise on RCCL). I'll admit, the rooms were very dated back then, and we didn't care for the sleep number beds, but for one night it was fine. And I agree that the pool area - including the bar - are awesome.

Everyone here seems to recommend either the Residence Inn, Country Inn, and to a lesser extent the Doubletree. The main thing that Residence Inn and Country Inn have over the Radisson is that breakfast is included and also, since they are much newer properties they have more modern rooms. I guess it comes down to what attribute is most important (pool vs. modern rooms/breakfast).

We stayed there in 2009 prior to a cruise (not DCL - it was actually a Nickelodeon cruise on RCCL). I'll admit, the rooms were very dated back then, and we didn't care for the sleep number beds, but for one night it was fine. And I agree that the pool area - including the bar - are awesome.

Everyone here seems to recommend either the Residence Inn, Country Inn, and to a lesser extent the Doubletree. The main thing that Residence Inn and Country Inn have over the Radisson is that breakfast is included and also, since they are much newer properties they have more modern rooms. I guess it comes down to what attribute is most important (pool vs. modern rooms).

Thanks all. Pool is not as important as we will be coming in very late the night before the cruise. Breakfast is a plus, esp if they can accommodate special diets. Mainly I need to have a room that can sleep a married couple in one bed plus 2 other adults in separate beds. I could do 2 separate rooms if needed but the price seemed right for the double King suite.

We just booked it for our December cruise. I will keep an eye on reports.

Bobbi:)

The one drag is there is no store nearby to go grab snacks....soda...water....other than the little hotel/pool store.

We are coming in late at night, don't care about the pool, but do care about a store so we can load up on bottled water. Anyone know if the Residence Inn or Country Inn is close to a store or mini-mart where we can get some bottled water? As always thank you all for sharing.

We stayed at the Radisson in April 2013 and found it to be fine. Granted, our flight was delayed so we arrived at 4am and departed at 10am. Short of animals or strange people in the bed, we wouldn't have noticed anything.

We are coming in late at night, don't care about the pool, but do care about a store so we can load up on bottled water. Anyone know if the Residence Inn or Country Inn is close to a store or mini-mart where we can get some bottled water? As always thank you all for sharing.

All 3 are within a block or two of each other.

There is a Publix further down the road. Not sure how late they're open, but I'm sure you can get stuff there early in the morning.

We last stayed there in January 2010 and never will again. The worst part of our experience was the fact that our vehicle was broken into. Those cameras in their parking lot are basically useless. Lots of cars were hit that night.

We stayed there this past July 4th for the July 5th Fantasy cruise. We have not stayed there in many years but it was the only place that had availability (booked cruise last minute). It was fine and would stay there again. We usually stay at the Marriott Residence Inn and I do overall prefer the MRI. There was nothing wrong with the Radisson (pool is fun). What I thought was odd was our room included breakfast....for 1. Were were 2 adults staying in the room why would breakfast only be for 1 person. Thought that was strange. Front desk staff was very nice.

We had a rental so didn't leave a car there during the cruise nor did we take their shuttle.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter