Radisson Hotel v HRH - Alas can't afford HRH

Selina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Posted something similar on the other board (Ssssh think I posted it on the wrong board!)
Anyway, stayed in 2001 at the Hard Rock Hotel and thought it was brilliant. Booking again for next year, alas can't afford HRH this time so wondered if any of you had stayed at the Radisson - your views on the rooms??(do they have a minibar?), restaurants??, pools?? etc etc. Any info would be very much appreciated. Have two children dd aged 9 and ds aged 7.

Hello Selina- I'm not sure when you're looking to go, but the HRH can be had for as little as 125.00 per night using the Entertainment card discount. Availability varies but if you have some flexibility you might get a good price. What rate have you found at the Radisson?

Hi,
Spideyhulk24 mentioned the entertainment card in the other post, but I am sure you can't get this in the U.K. I am going to check this out again.

The price for the Radisson including flights with a kids eat free deal, July and August for 14 nights is £1059 per adult,
£499 per child. Car included and also free shuttle bus - that's with Virgin - then on top of that all the Universal passes/ disney pass, etc.
The price of the HRH still with Virgin including flights (but also unlimited resort tickets included) is £1889!! per adult and £809!! per child including flights. Even if we travel in June it's still £1619 per adult, £569 per child - though it says there's a £100 booking discount. and some child places at £100 for the first child, second child full child price on early bookings. Costing about £1000 more!! Maybe I'll win the lottery!!

I'm not sure of your breakdown, but what is the airfare alone? I think you can do better on your own then the package is offering you. A rental car should run under 300.00 for 2 weeks including the extra insurance. I don't know why you couldn't use the entertainment rate, when you call for the room first ask if it's available for your dates and then if you are entitled to use it. You can buy it online or have a kind Disboard member order one for you and ship it to you. The going rate of the HRH using the entertainment rate is 125.00 per day per room, not per person, that 1750.00 plus taxes. If you plan on visiting the parks at Universal alot, you can buy discounted multi-day passes or an Annual pass. We got ours last year for 99.00 each, I think they now cost 175.00, that another 700.00 for your group of 4, still quite a good deal if you visit the park most of the days and at that rate you could run in for an hour or two and then go elsewhere. Am I on the right track here ? It seems that you can do considerably better without a package.

Thanks - not sure what the flights alone are. I most worry that if I don't use one of the packages - things will go wrong if I try and book everything on line separately from England! I will look into this entertainment card though - do you know of a website specifically for it?

If you spend a little more time on these boards you'll be confident in booking the trip yourself and using the saving to further enjoy your vacation. The web site you want is www.entertainment.com You might want to get the orlando version and use the additional rest. coupons for some more savings, as well as car rental.

Thanks for all the info on the entertainment card. On another thread got a ZIP code to use for Universal - so I am now sifting through to see what's on offer!

SELINA,You can buy the orlando book.The boards will help you through the process.This is why we all chat together and it's nice to hear from England the birthplace of my great grand father William Henry Lee.
tiggerguy2000 ºoº:wave: :wave: :earseek:

tiggerguy2000....

Yes, even though we are miles apart, on the boards we are all the same distance :) and on the Universal ones you feel part of an extended family! Looking into buying the orlando entertainment book.
........In England it continues to be warm 22-23oC today and warm and sunny expected for the next few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter