Radiator Springs Question

Kiotzu

Mouseketeer
Curious, why is the wait tie always so long? is it a long ride or is it just that good that people flock there?

I don't understand the long wait. :confused3 Maybe it's popular because it's still pretty new? It's fun, but I won't ride it unless I have a FP. To me, it's not worth standing in line for that long. It's just not that spectacular to me.

The ride is just that amazing!!! Also it breaks down a fair amount (or it did as of last year when we were there).

It's not necessarily a long ride, nor is it a particularly slow loader. It's just a very popular ride that is very well done.

I found this spreadsheet online: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qqpgpm-PqUG6Xk0PRg7tpuCQpxHkhRnJNcccbrwd1Tc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

RSR has a higher capacity than Star Tours, Splash Mountain, and Soarin. And it's pretty close to Space Mountain and others. So I would imagine it's just popular. However, the 3x3 arrangement may mean that a lot of couples in the standby line would mean the standby line doesn't go at those capacity numbers, so that could play into the longer standby wait times.

It's fun but it breaks down a lot. I waited in line for it 3 times before I finally got to ride it during my December trip

It's an amazing ride! Some say the best Disney has ever done in any park! The wait is nothing to me really. I was there the week Cars Land opened. I can't complain about the wait after that week. It was crazy :crazy2:.

I found this spreadsheet online: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qqpgpm-PqUG6Xk0PRg7tpuCQpxHkhRnJNcccbrwd1Tc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

RSR has a higher capacity than Star Tours, Splash Mountain, and Soarin. And it's pretty close to Space Mountain and others. So I would imagine it's just popular. However, the 3x3 arrangement may mean that a lot of couples in the standby line would mean the standby line doesn't go at those capacity numbers, so that could play into the longer standby wait times.

Yep, and Space Mountain is anything but new and typically has very long waits as well.

It's an amazing ride! Some say the best Disney has ever done in any park! The wait is nothing to me really. I was there the week Cars Land opened. I can't complain about the wait after that week. It was crazy :crazy2:.

Oh well you know just how to quell my excitement and make the waiting game even easier. :) everything I hear about this ride makes me want to go on it more and more! Ahhhh I can't wait! 2 months, why is it so farrrr!

Its a long line because the attraction is really, really good. Got nothing to do with the length of the attraction, just the fun factor.

It is the most popular attraction in DCA. Wait times have clamed down tremendously since it opened. I have been checking wait times in the parks this week, and SM, Splash and Indy have had longer waits than RSR.

Its a long line because the attraction is really, really good. Got nothing to do with the length of the attraction, just the fun factor.

Well I am super excited regardless, as a huge fan of the Cars franchise this is one of my most anticipated rides. I have only been to DLR once when it was only DL so I haven't experienced DCA.

It is the most popular attraction in DCA. Wait times have clamed down tremendously since it opened. I have been checking wait times in the parks this week, and SM, Splash and Indy have had longer waits than RSR.

See, I have had the opposite experience when checking wait times, I have only seen SM, Splash and Indy as high as 90 minutes and I have only seen RSR below that at the very start of the day, it has been consistently as high as 120 but that is besides the point, I was mostly curious to understand why the ride is so busy!

We were just in Disneyland at the end of July for our first visit since 2004. We visit WDW often. We are a family of 5. This was probably my favorite ride in Disneyland. The first day we went to CA we headed straight for this ride and got on rather quickly. We didn't get FPs because we wanted to get so much more done. The second day we went to CA we tried to get FPs but the ride and the FP machine were both down. When it re-opened we ended up waititng in the single rider line for about an hour but all felt it was worth it for a second ride.

single rider line is the way to go unless at the park at opening or using FP

It's a fantastic ride however it's such a long wait time :sad2:
I only ever do single rider when I go on it which is a shame as it seats 3 per row and there's 3 of us that go. But oh well!
It does break down a lot and I don't think it's a very fast loader if you compare to the amount of people who want to ride it. I think it's worth it though personally, It's a great ride and I definitely would be upset if I missed it while on vacation at DLR :car:

Well I am super excited regardless, as a huge fan of the Cars franchise

If you're a Cars fan you are going to get such a kick out of the whole CarsLand, not just RSR! I experienced it the opposite - hadn't seen cars until after our first visit in 2013. I got goosebumps watching it, it was bizarre looking at a cartoon version of something I had seen in real life.

It's a different ride every time. I haven't been there yet, but from what I understand you don't know which garage/pit stop you will go into or who will win the race. That would make me want to ride it more than once.

If you're a Cars fan you are going to get such a kick out of the whole CarsLand, not just RSR! I experienced it the opposite - hadn't seen cars until after our first visit in 2013. I got goosebumps watching it, it was bizarre looking at a cartoon version of something I had seen in real life.
Imagine how much more surreal it was to visit a place in real life after seeing it in a cartoon, and never imagining it would exist in real life!

It's just that much fun... so tons of people, the times we have done it we have used FP and even so it has been almost a 20-30 minute wait, they do Single riders also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter