• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

race track camping?

I thought it would be a good idea to take a man trip (the boy (age 9) and I) to a NASCAR race in Dallas...................

HOLY CRAPOLA!!!

I dont think we will be doing that! so Im looking more at the local small time tracks.

anyone here ever go camping at the races?

Only thing we could afford was camping in our living room with the electric Slot Car races.

but we didn't havta fight the crowds ! :lmao:

I have camped at MANY races. We used to go to a lot of NASCAR races until I got back into racing myself. Now we camp at road courses all over.

I have camped at Bristol, Indy, Michigan, Martinsville, Talladega, Gateway, Memphis, and Daytona. We race at a road course very close to Chicagoland and can help with that one too.

Generally, it is expensive depending on the track and how close you are. Nearly all are NO hookups. If you can get electric or water, it will be expensive. I have 5th whel that is completely self contained. Generator and fuel cell in the front basement and enough water and dump tanks to go 4-5 days.

Bristol- Staying across the street with no hookups and a 20 X 50 section of gravel lot- $500 for the weekend.

Talladega- Staying on site- water hookup only, assigned spot in a grass field- $250 for the weekend.

Factor in tickets and fuel, we generally would spend $1000-$1500 for a race weekend for 3 of us.

I have race friends that live all over and hit many more tracks including Dallas. Let me know what you are interested in and I'll get the details for you.

Just saw you are from Shreveport. Talladega is a nice track and one of the better for camping options. They have some free sports but they are a hike to the track. Decent tickets for all the races in the weekend will run about $150 each.
I used to crew on dirt latemodels and hit a lot of little local tracks. Other than Eldora and Knoxville (IA), I don't remember seeing anyone camping. It's generally locals coming out.

j

Not sure how close to Alanta you are, the track is actually south of Atlanta in Hampton GA.

They have excellent camping facilities, we have been a few times and usually arrive about Wednesday and watch the circus come to town then leave on Monday morning, we have had an awesome time each time we went.

We actually had Mark Martin sell us our tickets once and he autographed every one of them, it was very cool.

Atlanta Motor speedway had a pretty bad tornado a few years back that did a lot of damage, they have since rebuilt it better than ever. great racing as well!

We (DH and I) have camped at Charlotte, New Hampshire, Bristol and Talladega. We quit that when we could go to Disney for the same price as a weekend at the track. We were in a pop up with a generator. Even tho we had a potty and shower, we would rent a private portajohn. I am just that kind of girl. I have a friend who has managed to squeak by on about $500, but it is just her and one other person, both adults. So they can manage to conserve water and electricity. But I don't think that included race tix, to the tune of $290 for the weekend.

the cheapest Dallas motor speedway had was 275$ andthis was with NO HOOK UPS!! no tix, no nothing!! and you were packed in like sardins!!

hdr_5F00_Tickets_5F00_Camping_5F00_OutsideReserved.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter