R U Going Feb 2006 School Vacation?

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Since Easter falls during our Spring Break (starts 4/17), and DVC points are skyhigh during this period next year, how many of you are going during Feb vacation (President's Week) instead?

For anyone that has gone during Feb vacation, how are the crowds and weather? Are the parks open late?

Thanks and have a great day!

We'll be there end of February 2006. February has been mostly moderate crowds for us in recent years. It used to be pretty empty, but it seems like it's picked up the last couple of years. It's still very managable and very enjoyable. Parks this year were only open late on EMH nights. Oh, and Presidents' Day weekend will be packed.

The weather can vary greatly and probably will. Typically shorts in the daytime with highs in the low 70s to low 80s, and the evenings are usually in the upper 50s to 60s as I recall. If a front comes through it can get pretty chilly, so you need to pack for that as well. We usually get in a couple of days swimming too.

I was wondering this as well. The HS is out Presidents week, still waiting to see if the Elementry school is out. We were debating on going Presidents week or the week before Easter. Not sure which one is better.

We recently made our ressies at SSR for President's week 2006! Our DD is entering High School and we decided we shouldn't take her out of school- so we are braving the crowds for President's week. We are also taking the In-laws with us (on our points)! Mother in law just finished fighting cancer for the 3rd time- so hopefully all will be well and we will have a great trip!

We will be there as well. The day we got next year's school calendar, I booked it. We just came back from our Spring break trip there. This year we did not get a week off in February so I was forced to go in April. Next year we get both weeks off so I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high points and face the massive crowds during spring break. That should be my last year to work around school breaks since I will be retiring next June after 38 years of teaching. As it works out for the first time ever, we are getting off the week beore President's week through President's Day. The points go up on Feb 16, so we are paying two different rates for weekdays and since we don't go back to school until Tuesday, we will be staying till Saturday. We haven't done that in quite a while, not since we figured out how to stretch our points using standard view and checking out on Friday.

We have been there several times during President's week and Spring break, and Spring break has always been far more crowded then President's week. Magic Kingdom is crazy every day during Spring break, but if that was the only time I could go, I would definitely go.

We will be at BWV during President's Week 2006. It will be our first trip back to WDW since Christmas 2003 - we can't wait!!

We'll be there with DH's brother's family. This is a HS graduation present for the oldest niece (DH's goddaughter). It should be fun the 6 kids ages will range from 17 to 2.

We have nothing firm yet but thinking of going to WDW/Beach during Pres. Week. I thought we would go to WDW starting on the Wed. before Pres. Day, which is the last day of value season, and stay at the Poly (or AKL) for 3-4 nights. I activated my AP last on Feb 16th (Wed.) this year, soooo... I'm thinking that it would still get me an AP rate starting on the 15th of 2006 (Wed.). Does anyone know if this would work? I ask this on the resort board a couple months ago and got a 'yes' from two people.

DH is really had enough of Disney, but is willing to go a few days for DD4. We are trying to decide where we should go for the second half. It is down between Vero and renting a house in Captiva. We have fond memories of Captiva from our pre-Disney trips.

We have airline credit on SWA I need to use before March '06 since I'm seriously thinking of going in February, a girls' only trip! The only thing stopping me from booking SSR is the fact that I'm planning to go back to work in the fall and don't know if I'd be able to get the time off. If I book now and then find I have a new job and can't get the time off, when would I need to cancel my reservation for SSR by?

I'm pretty sure we will visit President's Week. DH teaches HS. I think we'll stay off-property at Cypress Pointe this trip. We only have 150 points and I want to use them later in the year.

We'll be there President's week (we go every year). We'll be at beach club, and the rest of DH's family will be at SSR. MK is really crowded on Saturday, but isn't it always?? We just go early in the morning most days, skip MK on the weekend, and make sure we have PS's. It's crowded, but nothing like easter or june/july. And since the weather is usually really nice it makes up for it. And if it's cold at night then the crowds are even lower. I remember one chilly Feb night in World showcase--it felt like we had the place to ourselves. It was wonderful!!

Jenny

We are planning to go Preidents' week 2006 and hoping to stay in a lock off 2 bedroom at OKW. Right now we have a 1 bedroom for dh, ds, and myself, but we want to take my dad to celebrate his 80th b-day. I wish we could go another week in Feb. or even Jan. but we too are tied to the school holidays. Just dh and I went about 15 years ago during Pres. week cause I was teaching and I remember it to be crowded but not terrible. We also went once Easter week about 7 years ago and I remember it being very crowded then. As others have said I know the weather is unpredictable in Feb. Of course, with the cold winters we have had here in NY lately, I am hoping for 70 degrees. ;)

Good Luck with what ever you decide. I think both times of year are crowded, but I am sure you will still have FUN!! Oh, yes, I believe the parks are open late during both weeks.

We are currently planning on a couple of night at the HRH at Universal followed by a week in a 2BR at the BCV. We may see if we can switch some of the nights to the BWV when the 7 month window opens.

HBC

My sister and 2 nieces will fly down and join me at BWV for President's Week. I love going in Feb.! I'll be back down to BCV for Easter week, after 3 days down at Ft. Myers. :sunny:

We were down in WDW Pres. Week this year and didn't think the crowds were bad at all but we did MK before the weekend and then again further into the week. We also were not in the parks on Sunday and had some scheduled things like the Fantasmic dinner package and Sunrise safari on Sat and Mon which lessens the effects of the crowds. Oh we are a "at the park at opening and back for a rest' type of family which also helps. It was really a very nice week. The weather was great, sunny and 80's all week (which is above normal).

A lot of Michigan's school kids have president's week off including us. Easter is just too crowded to do anything and this week has become popular with more people going. Weather can be a little cool though. Tough to do water parks for hours in February. Hope to get into BCV as soon as the contract we are buying comes thru Disney.

My daughter and I will be there along with my mom, grandmother, aunt and cousin, staying at a 2 bedroom at SSR! It will be a short trip for us, only five days, as my aunt doesn't want to go as long, and I will be back in college at the time so i'm sure i'll need the extra time during my vacation to catch up on the work I may miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter