Quietest rooms? (Fantasy)

Raya

DIS Veteran
We're hoping to book a room on the Fantasy for a Halloween cruise. We love Halloween but are also very light sleepers. Any suggestions on quieter decks/areas of the ship? We're going for a verandah room if that matters. (Clearly I know nothing about cruising, so apologies if this is a stupid question.)

We're hoping to book a room on the Fantasy for a Halloween cruise. We love Halloween but are also very light sleepers. Any suggestions on quieter decks/areas of the ship? We're going for a verandah room if that matters. (Clearly I know nothing about cruising, so apologies if this is a stupid question.)
Realistically, it's hard to say. Many people say "get a room on a deck between two decks that only have staterooms". Could be quieter. Or not. The noisiest room we've had was on deck 9 on the Fantasy. We had connecting rooms next door to us ( on both sides) that had kids that love running laps through the connecting door/balcony divider), and some group on the deck above us felt that the only way to get to and from their rooms was to run foot races (at any time of night).

We've also had a room on deck 10 underneath the starboard entrance to Cabanas. Very little noise there.

You never know.

I've wondered about room noise, especially from neighbors. Given that most rooms have kids, hopefully the walls aren't too thin.

I can’t help but feel, and perhaps I am wrong here, that forward, under the spa would be quieter. The spa closes at night and its fairly quiet during the day, with the possible exception of the gym. Not certain if those are concierge or not.

The walls between rooms aren't all that thin. If there is no connecting door, you won't hear noises from the next cabin if the occupants are being reasonably considerate. You will hear noise from the hallway traffic, how much depends on the amount of traffic. We stayed on the Fantasy, deck 9, port side as far forward as passengers are allowed to go. It was an ocean view but did not have a veranda. The room was very quiet. Had we been in the same area but on the starboard side, we would have to deal with noise from the laundry machines. If you can avoid being immediately below restaurants and clubs it will certainly help. As was said above, too close to the elevators means more traffic, so more noise. We did have an odd issue with hangers banging together, I just hung a towel over all the unused hangers and the problem was solved.

Realistically, it's hard to say. Many people say "get a room on a deck between two decks that only have staterooms". Could be quieter. Or not. The noisiest room we've had was on deck 9 on the Fantasy. We had connecting rooms next door to us ( on both sides) that had kids that love running laps through the connecting door/balcony divider), and some group on the deck above us felt that the only way to get to and from their rooms was to run foot races (at any time of night).

We've also had a room on deck 10 underneath the starboard entrance to Cabanas. Very little noise there.

You never know.

Exactly!

Just like at Disney Resorts (or other hotels), aside from avoiding a cabin next to a service closet or over the theater or under the pool, etc. , it is impossible to predict the noise level around you as it will depend on other people.

My noisiest cabin on a cruise once was one without a connecting door. The people in the cabin next door simply did not have inside voices and one (at least) really should have been assessed for sleep apnea the snoring was so loud. The walls are not thin, but they are not soundproof and if people are loud enough you will hear them.

Avoid anything near a laundry room. We were across from one once and every morning about 6 AM, moms with young, screaming kids camped out in there for hours.

We're usually on the aft corners and the rooms have been very quiet. When we've shared one of the 3 across the back of the ship - above the flag - we did hear more noise from the cabins at our sides.

I’ve heard people complain about deck 10 being loud, but we were deck 10 forward about as far as you can go (10502, I room further forward occupied by my sister and her family). We didn’t hear anything above and there was very little hall noise since there was no elevator or stairwell nearby

We had a ton of mechanical noise when stayed forward that would wake us up at 5am, even though there was no hallway noise. Stayed midship and had more hallway noise during the day and evening when we were back in the room, but preferred it because it was quieter during sleeping hours.

If it helps we have stayed in room 7040 on the Fantasy twice, a veranda room, port side forward. We thought it was quiet. My suggestion and experience have been that the further forward (or aft) you go, the quieter it will be on foot traffic. Our last cruise this past December we were in a forward facing room and the only people we ever saw was our room steward and our next door neighbors. We always try to go as far forward as possible.

Only drawback is when you are heading to your room you feel like you are in a scene from the Shining - staring down the long hall to your door. :rotfl2:

You just never know... Underneath Cabanas on the Magic- horrible scraping chair noise, every morning. This past summer on the Fantasy- screaming baby next door, 6am. I personally prefer the baby-lol. I avoid being near elevators or the laundry. All our other rooms- including concierge, under the spa, perfectly quiet. Any room can be noisy, you never know. But as a member of the light sleeper club, it is vacation and unless someone is banging a drum at 4 am I tend to make the best of it. Have a great cruise!

Concierge. I've seen Titanic. No one in First Class is having any fun or making any noise.

Concierge Deck 12 can be terrible if you have lazy crew members in the morning who drag deck chairs instead of carrying them.

Deck 11, Concierge, would be my choice for quietest room on the boat. Or Deck 5, forward, Starboard, since nobody has any reason to be on that part of the deck unless they're going to their room.

I would pick a stateroom that is sandwiched between staterooms from above and below. Stay away from elevators, stairwells, kids clubs and laundry rooms. Look for areas on the ship that will not have a lot of foot traffic. I agree with phinz above, if booking CL on the Dream or Fantasy, book deck 11 as far forward as possible.

For the Fantasy here are a few areas to be avoided if you're the picky type:
  • Aft, particularly far aft, because the Fantasy sometimes has wonky vibration issues the other ships don't have
  • Rooms near laundry rooms
  • Deck 10 midship or aft (because it's right under the pool deck)
  • Deck 2, because of ambient noise from deck 3 when live music is playing in the atrium
  • Rooms near the Midship Detective Agency game talking artwork (these are in landing between the stairway and elevator of decks 6, 8 &10 forward, deck 2 midship, and decks 5, 7 and 9 aft). You would only be bothered if close to the landing though, no worries down the hall. I just felt sorry when I saw those cabin doors nearby while we were playing the game.
Overall, though, you'll be fine anywhere. It's a Disney cruise and you'll have fun. You could also choose a super-quiet part of the ship but have super-loud neighbors. We cruised the Fantasy last week in an extremely quiet area (deck 8 far forward), but were awakened at 4am by a couple next door throwing things and screaming bloody murder (and far worse). We had to call security & it took them a while to calm the couple down. My son learned what domestic violence was on DCL. So unfortunately, you can get loud neighbors anywhere. Loud kids are the most typical. Avoiding family stateroom areas might help with that a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter