Quiet places in DL and DCA

mermaidlagoon

Mouseketeer
Sometimes it is not real convenient to leave the park but your little one needs some rest. Leaving the park could add a lot of additional time to this break. Maybe some of you who frequent these parks could give the rest of us some ideas. Jet lag could hit at any time and this thread could also be helpful to nursing moms.
At WDW we found the People mover, Hall of Presidents the Main Street Cinema were pretty good places. Is there anything similar at DL or DCA?
I'm talking about catching a few winks to refresh :faint:, not a 1-2 hour nap.
I'll be interested to hear.

If you like the outside atmosphere over in DCA there is a little amphitheatre in front of the water that amazingly is very quiet.
At Disneyland there is a lil spot that is very peaceful over in New Orleans Square.

I too will be looking for quiet places thanks for the info. I have a DD5 who hasn't traveled on a plane for any distance. The 6 hour flight might take a bit out of her :sad1: during the trip.

Here's a couple of places for each park

In DL:
Main Street Cinema
Opera House Lobby
Downstairs in the Hungry Bear Restaurant
The pier next to the Matterhorn where the motor boats used to run
Along Big Thunder Trail

In DCA:
The Animation Building
The Golden Dreams Film
Between Fliks Fun Fair and the Tortilla Factory is a quiet shady spot (unless the Ugly Bug Ball is on Stage)

As a nursing momma, I've found that in DCA there seem to be more quiet places to sit and relax... but I'll agree with denyd those suggestions. Also, going into the Baby Care Stations- especially the one in DCA, is a great rest point for little ones. The one in DCA has a little table with books, and rocking chairs for nursing mamas. ANd it's A/C in summer and heated in winter. :)

denyd has listed all the ones I thought of.

Oh how I wish I had discovered the baby care stations when my little one was actually little. He's 10 now, and I didn't learn about them until he was 8.

Anyway, be sure to visit the one in Disneyland at the end of Main Street. Just inside the lobby on the left wall, you'll find a baby picture of Walt. It's so adorable.

The Disney Gallery is also a cool place to get out of the sun for a few minutes, and there's a little outdoor courtyard up there with a few chairs and tables.

Is the Disney Gallery open again? (I love that place) What's on display? My last trip was POTC:COTBP costumes, props & artwork.

denyd said:
Is the Disney Gallery open again? (I love that place) What's on display? My last trip was POTC:COTBP costumes, props & artwork.

Right now, they're showing POTC: DMC material as well as 50th anniversary stuff.

And the Gallery is a good place to rest in DL, as are all denyd's suggestions. I'd also second the Opera house.

We used the baby care stations quite often and our son was 23 months. It is a quiet refuge from all the business. We also love to hang out under the clover in dca for shade.

You can also relax at Coke Corner at the end of Main Street (Adventureland side). In the afternoons someone usually plays the piano, and it's nice to sit, relax, and listen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter