• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Quiet* off-site restaurant, Sand Lake area?

SarahWeasley

Mouseketeer
(I saw there was another thread about off-site restaurants, but I'm looking for something a bit different than that poster was and didn't want to try to hijack it.)

My family (four adults, no kids) is arriving on a Thursday night (in two weeks, yay!) and staying at the Drury Inn before moving to RPR on Friday. I'd love to find a nearby restaurant where we could get a quiet, casual late dinner, enjoy some wine and cocktails, and catch up (we're coming from multiple places). I've scoured Yelp, but I swear, every place I find that looks decent has reviews -- even five-star reviews -- that say the place is somewhere between "loud" and "too loud." We'll all have had a long day of traveling and I'd like to relax without having to shout across a table at my parents.

Any suggestions?

I would look to see if your hotel has a dining area and just go pick up some food. It should be nice and quiet there late.

That's a tough one. My husband and I always stay at the Drury and though we've eaten at numerous restaurants in the area, I can't think of one that would qualify as quiet. You said it will be a late dinner so I think that will probably help - a place that may be 'loud' or 'too loud' at 6:30 on a Friday night may be reasonably quiet at, say, 8pm on a Thursday?

Don't know if you have read any of Schumigirls trip reports, but she has mentioned in her trip reports on a number of occasions that she and her husband really enjoy Ocean Prime. It has been on my list of off site restaurants to try. This sounds like exactly what your looking for. Give it a look.

Ocean Prime
7339 W. Sand Lake Road # 400
1-407-781-4880

O'Charley's across sand lake road from Drury, it's behind the Whole foods area and is usually reasonably quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter